Wokey McWokeface

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Brewing company Anheuser-Busch has seen a staggering $4 billion wiped from its value amid the backlash over Bud Light’s new ad campaign featuring transgender Dylan Mulvaney.

The beermaker has suffered a bloodbath in sales over the controversy that has seen music stars, sports fans, bars, liquor stores, and events boycotting its products.

Consumers nationwide have been revolting against the nation’s top-selling beer brand after it stepped “recklessly” into the culture wars last week, according to bar owners and beer-industry experts around the country.

The crisis deepened over the weekend when a video emerged of Bud Light’s marketing executive trashing the company’s customer base and gloating about her efforts to turn the brand “woke,” as Slay News reported.

“I think society flexes it muscles sometimes and reminds manufacturers that the consumer is still in charge,” Jeff Fitter, owner of Case & Bucks, a restaurant and sports bar in Barnhart, Missouri, told Fox Business.

Company stock goes up and down all the time - sometimes drastically. In the long run, in pretty sure they won't lose any stock value. However, it will take a while for them to rebuild sales, and that hurts.

What I'd like to bet on: will the marketing exec that came up with this be fired with prejudice? Will she be slowly dropped with a golden parachute? Will nothing happen with her job?

way 2 go

Company stock goes up and down all the time - sometimes drastically. In the long run, in pretty sure they won't lose any stock value. However, it will take a while for them to rebuild sales, and that hurts.

What I'd like to bet on: will the marketing exec that came up with this be fired with prejudice? Will she be slowly dropped with a golden parachute? Will nothing happen with her job?
I remember redbull firing their advertising team and u.s. executives

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
I remember redbull firing their advertising team and u.s. executives
Quote "Have you ever heard of the phrase, “get woke, go broke?” It turns out there is a simple way to prevent this, and it involves firing people indiscriminately, until the rest of the employees realize that the only way they are going to be able to keep their jobs is by being professional, and keeping their kook politics out of the workplace. Pour encourager les autres."

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator

We Re-Wrote Bud Light’s Pitiful Apology Letter – Now It Mocks Them Instead of the American People

Original: “As the CEO of a company founded in America’s heartland more than 165 years ago, I am responsible for ensuring every consumer feels proud of the beer we brew.”

Re-write: “As the CEO of a company founded in America’s heartland but now owned by a soulless Belgian conglomerate that controls the production of over a quarter of the beer produced in the world, I am responsible for ensuring our ESG score remains high without losing too much money and market share in the process. But, sometimes, when you don’t know when to say when and you’ve had, um, a few too many of our products, something seems like a good idea on paper when it really isn’t, you know? I’m not saying that’s exactly what happened with a recent social media campaign involving a certain transgender “influencer,” but … well, you know.”

Original: “We’re honored to be part of the fabric of this country. Anheuser-Busch employs more than 18,000 people and our independent distributors employ an additional 47,000 valued colleagues.”

Rewrite: “Also, jobs! We give people lots and lots of jobs in the United States. You likey-likey jobby-jobby, don’t you, blue-collar Americans who I’ve been told are the kind of people that drink Bud Light? (I wouldn’t drink the swill myself and prefer a good claret, but I’m told it does the trick if you’re not a C-suite type and need to watch your expenses.)

“Also, I’ve been told a recession is coming by all reliable sources. So if you likey jobby, don’t shoot yourself in the foot, blue-collar America; the soulless Belgian conglomerate we’re a part of controls over 80 percent of the beer market in Bolivia and I have no qualms outsourcing as much as possible to the perfectly resourceful, considerably cheaper folks in La Paz. Like the board might threaten to do with my position if this doesn’t blow over soon. Understood?”

Original: “We have thousands of partners, millions of fans and a proud history of supporting our communities, military, sports fans and hard-working Americans everywhere.”

Rewrite: [MEMO TO PR DEPARTMENT: Insert AI-generated clip art that resembles a Thomas Kinkade painting with some Clydesdales trotting down Main Street and a few kids playing football in the snow in the background here; that seems patriotic enough, right?]

Original: “We never intended to be part of a discussion that divides people. We are in the business of bringing together over a beer.”

Rewrite: “OK, so let’s get to the nitty gritty here: We paid influencer Dylan Mulvaney to promote our beer. Then footage resurfaced of Bud Light’s VP of marketing on a podcast two weeks prior saying that ‘Bud Light had been kind of a brand of fratty, kind of out-of-touch humor. And it was really important that we had another approach.’

“That approach involved wading knee-deep into the culture wars and rubbing it in the noses of Bud Light drinkers who don’t think people can just pick their own gender in our performative wokeness. What we basically said was: What are you gonna do about it, America? Huh? Yeah, that tone didn’t go over super-well. We probably should have focus-groupped that one a little bit more.

“If that wasn’t bad enough, then pictures resurfaced of said VP and her time drinking heavily as part of a very fratty-looking club at her exclusive Ivy League alma mater, a club that The Harvard Crimson described as a ‘haven of inebriated ditzes.’ Woof.

“I can’t tell you that I’m sorry for buying into the self-hype of a transgender who makes a mockery of womanhood, because hell hath no fury like an LGBT keyboard warrior scorned. However, it only takes about 10 of those to get you fired. Meanwhile, Twitter isn’t real life and real life involves people not buying our beers at the moment. So I have to say something, right?

“Thus, consider this a non-apology apology. If you’re angry that I’m not explicitly apologizing, take this as a dog-whistle apology. Nudge nudge. Wink wink. If you’re angry that I’m apologizing, meanwhile, where do you see me explicitly apologizing anywhere in this letter? Huh? That’s what I thought. I’m just clarifying ‘Our Responsibility to America.’ Seriously. Disregard the first part of this paragraph. It doesn’t exist.

“Also: Please be assured, none of our fratty Ivy League executives consider Bud Light drinkers to be fratty state college plebes. Assuming you went to college or are a college- or fratty-identifying individual. Does that cover all our bases? Are we good?”

Original: “My term serving this country taught me the importance of accountability and the values upon which America was founded: freedom, hard work and respect for one another. As CEO of Anheuser-Busch, I am focused on building and protecting our remarkable history and heritage.”

Rewrite: “Let me remind you again, we are patriotic. We don’t mean to divide anyone in this country — at least, when they notice. We thought you weren’t paying attention to this whole Dylan Mulvaney character and that it was settled opinion that you can choose your own gender. This is what happens when you actually believe the piffle that gets spoken in your own DEI training sessions, apparently.

“So, let me assure you again: We’re as American as apple pie, ‘The Star-Spangled Banner,’ baseball, ‘fratty’ behavior, the VFW and Johnny Cash. We’re in no way ‘woke.’ Until you flyover-country people stop paying attention to this, then we’re going to send Jane Fonda over to Hanoi to pose atop an anti-aircraft gun with a six-pack in order to build the brand in Southeast Asia.

“Wait, I didn’t just type that, did I?”

Original: “I care deeply about this country, this company, our brands and our partners. I spend much of my time traveling across America, listening to and learning from our customers, distributors and others.”

Rewrite: “I care deeply about not being ousted. I spent much of the last week or so doom-scrolling on social media and realizing that was becoming a very real possibility, judging by the vitriol this campaign unleashed. Please don’t let that happen. I have summer homes to maintain.”

Original: “Moving forward, I will continue to work tirelessly to bring great beers to consumers across our nation.”

Rewrite: “Moving forward, I will continue to work tirelessly to learn what nature considers a man and a woman, and then to learn when the left forbids you to mention those basic biological facts. Moreover, I’ll make sure future ad campaigns avoid any of this muck. Pinky-swear, America.

“As for making great beers — have you tasted Bud Light? Do you really think we’re reaching for greatness here?”

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
For future reference, use "good afternoon girls and other delusional children"

The students — 11-year-olds at an expensive private school in the U.K. managed by the prestigious Girls’ Day School Trust — were reportedly displeased after the teacher addressed them with a "good afternoon, girls," at the beginning of a lesson.

IMG_20230417_133948.jpg

ok doser

The students — 11-year-olds at an expensive private school in the U.K. managed by the prestigious Girls’ Day School Trust — were reportedly displeased after the teacher addressed them with a "good afternoon, girls," at the beginning of a lesson.

View attachment 6522

If my child was involved in this, she would be grounded for a month.

Of course, my child would never be involved in this sort of thing.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator

View attachment 6522

Brainwashed at 11-years-old.

ok doser

Egyptian lawyer Mahmoud al-Semary filed a case with the Public Prosecutor to shut down the Netflix platform in Egypt, following the trailer release of “Queen Cleopatra,” a new documentary depicting the historical figure as a black woman.

The Egyptian lawyer has demanded that serious legal action must be taken against those responsible for the documentary, and blamed the Netflix management team for its participation in “this crime”.

He also demanded a thorough investigation of them as well as the discontinuity of Netflix’s streaming service in Egypt.

ok doser

Local school district speaks out after NYS Board of Regents bans offensive Indigenous branding​

ROCHESTER, N.Y. This week the New York State Board of Regents officially banned schools across the state from using any nicknames, mascots, and images referring to Indigenous people.

My school did this many years ago. They used to be the Indians. Nobody had ever complained.

News10NBC talked to the Canandaigua Central School District. Their nickname is the Braves. Canandaigua Schools Superintendent Jamie Farr tells us he believes if Indigenous people feel their school’s nickname is inappropriate or offensive then it should be changed.

Why?

“It’s stressful because you know in most cases a community sometimes will rally around a name or have this romanticized memory of the name through their youth, and they’re attached to it,” said Farr.

For as long as many people can remember Canandaigua Schools have been known as the “Home of the Canandaigua Braves.” The State Board of Regents is giving schools across the state until the end of the 2024-25 school year to remove all nicknames, images, and mascots referring to Indigenous people. Farr says changing names is not an easy process.

“We’ll have to change uniforms,” said Farr. “Half our uniforms say Canandaigua, half say the Braves. So, home says one, away says the other. We’ll have to have new uniforms. Signs are everywhere, just the branding is all over. We’ve already gone through our entire campus, and we’ve documented everywhere that would have to be changed if this were to become true.”

He tells us there’s community support to change their name from the “Braves” to the “Brave.”

Makes sense to me.

They might also consider just adding a "t" to their signs and uniforms etc.

BRAVEST

So far, the Board of Regents will not accept their proposed new name.

“It’s a vestige of who you were, and you have a history of being associated with Native American imagery and so you need to move further away from that, and the same thing could be said about things, names like Warriors,” said Farr.

Wait. Indigenous Americans are the only people who get to be associated with the word "Warrior"?

Sez who?

A quick search of the etymology of the word shows that if predates European contact with indigenous peoples.

So, no.

He also says the school community is fairly divided on this issue.

Some believe it’s time and we should be moving on, and some believe that you know this is who we are, it is what they say,” said Farr. “You know those are their words, and we’ve been this name a very long time, and we shouldn’t need to change.”

Avon Central School District is also known as the “Braves.” School Superintendent Ryan Pacatte says they are waiting on additional guidance from the Board of Regents before they make any changes to their name.

News10NBC has reached out to both Letchworth Schools and Red Jacket Schools, which are known as the “Indians.”

Red Jacket School is named after a notable indigenous historical figure.

News10NBC is still waiting to hear from them. Click here to see the outlined steps Canandaigua Schools are taking.

Last edited: