Will You Escape the Judgment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

God's Truth

I am preaching salvation given by God's grace alone, apart from works. It is the message of the Bible. It is the Gospel.

No.
You are preaching against the gospel.
Grace does not mean we no longer have to obey.
Grace is given to those who obey and who now understand that Jesus' blood cleans us and not the blood of animals.

God's Truth

I understand exactly what it means.
What confuses you about God appointing people to eternal life?
From Genesis to Revelation we see God choosing whom he wills to give faith. God chose Adam and Eve. God chose Abel and Seth. God chose Noah. God chose Abraham. God chose Jacob, not Esau. God chose Joseph. God chose Moses. God chose Joshua. God chose Ruth. God chose David. God chose, God chose, God chose. It is one of the central themes of God's amazing grace.
Yet, you desire to be saved by your corrupt and vile works. Unless God intervenes, you will die in your sins and spend eternity in hell. May God be gracious to you as he has been with all whom he elects to save.

Just read what you wrote.

You misunderstand the scriptures.

God chooses those who obey Him.

God's Truth

No one does what God says to do.
What does it say in Romans 3? Can you not read? Can you not comprehend that God says "no one seeks God, not even one."

No One Is Righteous
Romans 3:9 What shall we conclude then? Do we have any advantage? Not at all! For we have already made the charge that Jews and Gentiles alike are all under the power of sin. 10 As it is written:
“There is no one righteous, not even one;
11 there is no one who understands;
there is no one who seeks God.
12 All have turned away,
they have together become worthless;
there is no one who does good,
not even one.”
13 “Their throats are open graves;
their tongues practice deceit.”
“The poison of vipers is on their lips.”
14 “Their mouths are full of cursing and bitterness.”
15 “Their feet are swift to shed blood;
16 ruin and misery mark their ways,
17 and the way of peace they do not know.”
18 “There is no fear of God before their eyes.”
19 Now we know that whatever the law says, it says to those who are under the law, so that every mouth may be silenced and the whole world held accountable to God. 20 Therefore no one will be declared righteous in God’s sight by the works of the law; rather, through the law we become conscious of our sin.

Paul is quoting Psalm14:1-3; 53:1-3; and Ecclesiastes 7:20. Ecclesiastes SAYS there is not a RIGHTEOUS man who does what is right and NEVER SINS. Ecclesiastes tells us that there ARE RIGHTEOUS men but none who NEVER sin. Paul is explaining that the Jews were sinners just like the Gentiles. Nowhere in these passages or scriptures anywhere does it say none can believe on their own. In this same Ecclesiastes 7, Solomon tells us about wise men, righteous men, and about a man who pleases God. Solomon also tells us that he found one upright man among a thousand. The Bible tells us that there are people who want to do right.

Paul is quoting King David. Paul is explaining that the Jews were sinful too. What is King David saying where Paul quotes? Listen carefully; at that time in which David speaks, the people are in a bad condition inside Israel. When the day spoken of arrived, no one searched for God.

If no one ever searched for God, ever, then how was it that the Israelites called out to God to help them when they thought God had forgotten them while they were slaves in Egypt?

Exodus 3:9 And now the cry of the Israelites has reached me, and I have seen the way the Egyptians are oppressing them.

Deuteronomy 26:7
Then we cried out to the LORD, the God of our ancestors, and the LORD heard our voice and saw our misery, toil and oppression.

If no one ever searched for God, then why do the scriptures say people did?

In the New Testament, when Jesus arrived, people shouted: “Son of David, have mercy on me”. They were looking for the Messiah. In the New Testament a blind man was searching for the Son of God, the prophet’s had said would come. I just showed you that people do search for God. Again, Paul was explaining that the Jews were sinners like the Gentiles, even though the Jews were supposed to be God’s Holy people.

MennoSota

I'll let God's word speak...
You completely are oblivious to the fact that Jesus came first for those who were already saved.

When Jesus walked the earth, God cut off the Jews who did not already have faith, and He hardened them. He cut off the Jews who did not already belong to Him by faith and hardened them so that while Jesus walked the earth only the Jews who already belonged by faith could come to Jesus to continue to be saved.
John 6:35-40
[35]Jesus replied, “I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never be hungry again. Whoever believes in me will never be thirsty.
[36]But you haven’t believed in me even though you have seen me.
[37]However, those the Father has given me will come to me, and I will never reject them.
[38]For I have come down from heaven to do the will of God who sent me, not to do my own will.
[39]And this is the will of God, that I should not lose even one of all those he has given me, but that I should raise them up at the last day.
[40]For it is my Father’s will that all who see his Son and believe in him should have eternal life. I will raise them up at the last day.”

John 10:1-18,24-30
[1]“I tell you the truth, anyone who sneaks over the wall of a sheepfold, rather than going through the gate, must surely be a thief and a robber!
[2]But the one who enters through the gate is the shepherd of the sheep.
[3]The gatekeeper opens the gate for him, and the sheep recognize his voice and come to him. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out.
[4]After he has gathered his own flock, he walks ahead of them, and they follow him because they know his voice.
[5]They won’t follow a stranger; they will run from him because they don’t know his voice.”
[6]Those who heard Jesus use this illustration didn’t understand what he meant,
[7]so he explained it to them: “I tell you the truth, I am the gate for the sheep.
[8]All who came before me were thieves and robbers. But the true sheep did not listen to them.
[9]Yes, I am the gate. Those who come in through me will be saved. They will come and go freely and will find good pastures.
[10]The thief’s purpose is to steal and kill and destroy. My purpose is to give them a rich and satisfying life.
[11]“I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd sacrifices his life for the sheep.
[12]A hired hand will run when he sees a wolf coming. He will abandon the sheep because they don’t belong to him and he isn’t their shepherd. And so the wolf attacks them and scatters the flock.
[13]The hired hand runs away because he’s working only for the money and doesn’t really care about the sheep.
[14]“I am the good shepherd; I know my own sheep, and they know me,
[15]just as my Father knows me and I know the Father. So I sacrifice my life for the sheep.
[16]I have other sheep, too, that are not in this sheepfold. I must bring them also. They will listen to my voice, and there will be one flock with one shepherd.
[17]“The Father loves me because I sacrifice my life so I may take it back again.
[18]No one can take my life from me. I sacrifice it voluntarily. For I have the authority to lay it down when I want to and also to take it up again. For this is what my Father has commanded.”
[24]The people surrounded him and asked, “How long are you going to keep us in suspense? If you are the Messiah, tell us plainly.”
[25]Jesus replied, “I have already told you, and you don’t believe me. The proof is the work I do in my Father’s name.
[26]But you don’t believe me because you are not my sheep.
[27]My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.
[28]I give them eternal life, and they will never perish. No one can snatch them away from me,
[29]for my Father has given them to me, and he is more powerful than anyone else. No one can snatch them from the Father’s hand.
[30]The Father and I are one.”

God's Truth

I'll let God's word speak...John 6:35-40
[35]Jesus replied, “I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never be hungry again. Whoever believes in me will never be thirsty.
[36]But you haven’t believed in me even though you have seen me.
[37]However, those the Father has given me will come to me, and I will never reject them.
[38]For I have come down from heaven to do the will of God who sent me, not to do my own will.
[39]And this is the will of God, that I should not lose even one of all those he has given me, but that I should raise them up at the last day.
[40]For it is my Father’s will that all who see his Son and believe in him should have eternal life. I will raise them up at the last day.”

John 10:1-18,24-30
[1]“I tell you the truth, anyone who sneaks over the wall of a sheepfold, rather than going through the gate, must surely be a thief and a robber!
[2]But the one who enters through the gate is the shepherd of the sheep.
[3]The gatekeeper opens the gate for him, and the sheep recognize his voice and come to him. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out.
[4]After he has gathered his own flock, he walks ahead of them, and they follow him because they know his voice.
[5]They won’t follow a stranger; they will run from him because they don’t know his voice.”
[6]Those who heard Jesus use this illustration didn’t understand what he meant,
[7]so he explained it to them: “I tell you the truth, I am the gate for the sheep.
[8]All who came before me were thieves and robbers. But the true sheep did not listen to them.
[9]Yes, I am the gate. Those who come in through me will be saved. They will come and go freely and will find good pastures.
[10]The thief’s purpose is to steal and kill and destroy. My purpose is to give them a rich and satisfying life.
[11]“I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd sacrifices his life for the sheep.
[12]A hired hand will run when he sees a wolf coming. He will abandon the sheep because they don’t belong to him and he isn’t their shepherd. And so the wolf attacks them and scatters the flock.
[13]The hired hand runs away because he’s working only for the money and doesn’t really care about the sheep.
[14]“I am the good shepherd; I know my own sheep, and they know me,
[15]just as my Father knows me and I know the Father. So I sacrifice my life for the sheep.
[16]I have other sheep, too, that are not in this sheepfold. I must bring them also. They will listen to my voice, and there will be one flock with one shepherd.
[17]“The Father loves me because I sacrifice my life so I may take it back again.
[18]No one can take my life from me. I sacrifice it voluntarily. For I have the authority to lay it down when I want to and also to take it up again. For this is what my Father has commanded.”
[24]The people surrounded him and asked, “How long are you going to keep us in suspense? If you are the Messiah, tell us plainly.”
[25]Jesus replied, “I have already told you, and you don’t believe me. The proof is the work I do in my Father’s name.
[26]But you don’t believe me because you are not my sheep.
[27]My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.
[28]I give them eternal life, and they will never perish. No one can snatch them away from me,
[29]for my Father has given them to me, and he is more powerful than anyone else. No one can snatch them from the Father’s hand.
[30]The Father and I are one.”

You don't have understanding.
What do you think you have proven by posting scriptures that you don't understand?
Deal with what I said.
Show that you know how to debate by dealing with what I said, as I did with what you said.

Status
Not open for further replies.