Will You Escape the Judgment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert Pate

Banned
Again and again and again...faith first...that is the Gospel He came died and was resurrected you believe/have faith then show your gratitude...it is that simple

By faith they left egypt and were saved...and then given festival of Pentecost and thus were gathered hundreds of years later to celebrate the Pentecost and received MORE BLESSINGS...please notice that they met to keep an OT festival EVEN THOUGH IT WAS AFTER THE BIRTH DEATH AND RESURRECTION...yup they STILL gathered as their faith compelled them too...still...ok?

They unlike most christians DID NOT THINK HE CAME TO ABOLISH THE LAW nor did HE CHANGE THE LAW as the false witnessing jews tried to claim

The festivals still remain...is why because of their FAITH they met...

They had faith and were justified as Noah was...as Abraham was...as all the FAITH heroes listed in Hebrews...

SO YOU LISTENING? I have said again and again and again...we keep the Law and we do the works BECAUSE WE HAVE FAITH WE ARE SAVED and NOT TO GAIN SALVATION

Just like your heart beats not to make you alive but because you already are alive...

You breath not to become alive but because you already are alive...

You do works NOT TO GAIN SALVATION but BECAUSE YOU ALREADY ARE...

It is the faith IN HIM BECAUSE OF WHAT HE DID...THE GOSPEL that motivates compels and inspires WORKS...out of gratitude...

Just as they met that day for Pentecost because of their faith...and were blessed...

Seriously Robert stop playing coy about this...

I remember now. The law is your Jesus. I suppose that is why you don't talk much about the Gospel.

The Bible plainly teaches that...

"Christ is the END OF THE LAW OF THE LAW to everyone that believes" Romans 10:4.

Jesus fulfilled the law, Matthew 5:18 and then he abolished it, Colossians 2:14.

This is bad news for religious people like yourself, simply because there is nothing for you to do. Paul said, "The Just Shall Live By Faith" Romans 1:17.

Living by faith does not mean living by laws, rules and religion. Living by faith means to live believing that Jesus has justified you. You cannot be justified if you are still under the law and are subject to it.

clefty

I remember now. The law is your Jesus. I suppose that is why you don't talk much about the Gospel.

The Bible plainly teaches that...

"Christ is the END OF THE LAW OF THE LAW to everyone that believes" Romans 10:4.
yes He is the goal...the destination of the Way...that faith walk...a reunion with Him at the finish of the race...

Jesus fulfilled the law, Matthew 5:18 and then he abolished it, Colossians 2:14.

This is bad news for religious people like yourself, simply because there is nothing for you to do. Paul said, "The Just Shall Live By Faith" Romans 1:17.

Living by faith does not mean living by laws, rules and religion. Living by faith means to live believing that Jesus has justified you. You cannot be justified if you are still under the law and are subject to it.

As James advised “But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.”

His yoke is easy...and gratitude for what He has done for you should make it easier still...

Robert Pate

Banned
yes He is the goal...the destination of the Way...that faith walk...a reunion with Him at the finish of the race...

As James advised “But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.”

His yoke is easy...and gratitude for what He has done for you should make it easier still...

You talk a lot about what we should do, but I don't hear much from you about what God has done for us in Jesus Christ.

In the Gospel God has ALREADY reconciled us and the world unto himself by Jesus Christ. 2 Corinthians 5:18 and 19 is some of the most important scripture in the Bible.

"And all things are of God, who has reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ and has given to us the ministry of reconciliation. To wit that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and has committed unto us the word of reconciliation" 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19.

We are called to be ministers of reconciliation. We do that by the preaching of the Gospel, which is the "Good News" that in Jesus Christ we have been justified, sanctified and redeemed, 1 Corinthians 1:30. We can now stand before God in the judgment as perfect and complete "In Christ" Colossians 2:10.

The law cannot reconcile anyone to God. Nor can a religion reconcile anyone to God. Calvinist have ALREADY been reconciled unto God, but they don't believe it. Jesus is God's reconciler, Romans 3:26.

clefty

You talk a lot about what we should do,
because that is NOT what you talk about

but I don't hear much from you about what God has done for us in Jesus Christ.
because that is what you do talk about...

Oh and I fully agree with you as to what He has done for us...

In the Gospel God has ALREADY reconciled us and the world unto himself by Jesus Christ.
yup I do agree...

2 Corinthians 5:18 and 19 is some of the most important scripture in the Bible.

"And all things are of God, who has reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ and has given to us the ministry of reconciliation. To wit that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and has committed unto us the word of reconciliation" 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19.
yup...I agree...aren’t you grateful for that? Do you show your gratitude...or the impact of that fact and understanding on your life and lifestyle?

We are called to be ministers of reconciliation. We do that by the preaching of the Gospel, which is the "Good News" that in Jesus Christ we have been justified, sanctified and redeemed, 1 Corinthians 1:30. We can now stand before God in the judgment as perfect and complete "In Christ" Colossians 2:10.
HalleluYah...oh man what JOY...and if we love Him what does it say we do? Are we the same or different? Than our former selves...from the rest of the world? How do we know? how can it tell?

The law cannot reconcile anyone to God. Nor can a religion reconcile anyone to God. Calvinist have ALREADY been reconciled unto God, but they don't believe it. Jesus is God's reconciler, Romans 3:26.

Yup...He sure is...and instructed us to follow Him...abide in Him...do as He did...walk as He walked...not just have faith in Him but the faith OF Him...live His faith walk...

After all and at the end of it “Here are they that” do what Robert?

Robert Pate

Banned
because that is NOT what you talk about

because that is what you do talk about...

Oh and I fully agree with you as to what He has done for us...

yup I do agree...

yup...I agree...aren’t you grateful for that? Do you show your gratitude...or the impact of that fact and understanding on your life and lifestyle?

HalleluYah...oh man what JOY...and if we love Him what does it say we do? Are we the same or different? Than our former selves...from the rest of the world? How do we know? how can it tell?

Yup...He sure is...and instructed us to follow Him...abide in Him...do as He did...walk as He walked...not just have faith in Him but the faith OF Him...live His faith walk...

After all and at the end of it “Here are they that” do what Robert?

Trying to be like Jesus will lead to a life of legalism. The Gospel allows us to be truly human and to stop trying to be like God. The religious are always trying to be like God. Some Catholics take communion everyday and are trying to become more and more like Jesus. Eating wafers and drinking grape juice will not make anyone like Jesus.

Salvation is a rest from the law and religion.

"For he that is entered into his rest, he also HAS CEASED FROM HIS OWN WORKS, as God did from his" Hebrews 4:10.

The only thing that Jesus commanded the apostles to do was to go into all of the world and preach the Gospel to everyone. Paul was the only one that took that commandment seriously. If you are going to be a preacher of the Gospel be sure that you have a life to backup what you are preaching or no one will believe you.

The Holy Spirit working in the life of the believer will produce good works and the Christian life, Ephesians 2:10.

clefty

Trying to be like Jesus will lead to a life of legalism. The Gospel allows us to be truly human and to stop trying to be like God. The religious are always trying to be like God. Some Catholics take communion everyday and are trying to become more and more like Jesus. Eating wafers and drinking grape juice will not make anyone like Jesus.

Salvation is a rest from the law and religion.

"For he that is entered into his rest, he also HAS CEASED FROM HIS OWN WORKS, as God did from his" Hebrews 4:10.

The only thing that Jesus commanded the apostles to do was to go into all of the world and preach the Gospel to everyone. Paul was the only one that took that commandment seriously. If you are going to be a preacher of the Gospel be sure that you have a life to backup what you are preaching or no one will believe you.

The Holy Spirit working in the life of the believer will produce good works and the Christian life, Ephesians 2:10.

“be sure that you have a life to backup what you are preaching or no one will believe you“

Nice...

Paul says it like this:

“Copy me as I copied Christ”

Robert Pate

Banned
“be sure that you have a life to backup what you are preaching or no one will believe you“

Nice...

Paul says it like this:

“Copy me as I copied Christ”

Your emphasis on the changed life is a concern. I still stand in doubt of you.

"Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone that believes" Romans 10:4

This scripture means that no one will be saved by what they have done or by what they have become. Where there is no law there is no judgment or condemnation, Romans 8:1. Where there is no law there is no religion or salvation by works.

To be under the law is to be lost, or to try and be saved by the law is to be under a curse.

"For as many as are under the works of the law are under a curse" Galatians 3:10.

This is why salvation is by faith in Christ, plus nothing.

clefty

Your emphasis on the changed life is a concern. I still stand in doubt of you.
yes I understand...your carnal mind is hostile to Yah...it can NOT submit to His Law

Being set apart from the world is not in you...to be dead to your former self and alive in Him His way is not for you...

"Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone that believes" Romans 10:4
yup the end of the road...the goal...the destination...ON EARTH AS IT IS IN HEAVEN

This scripture means that no one will be saved by what they have done or by what they have become.
well if you have become a SLAVE to Him His way you are saved...bought at a price you did not pay...and if what you have done is believed in HIM then yes you have been saved indeed...and if what you have done is the same as those who are “here are they that keep the commandments of Yah and the faith OF Yahushua”...

Where there is no law there is no judgment or condemnation, Romans 8:1.
this text does NOT say there is no judgement or condemnation and certainly it does NOT say there is no Law.

Where there is no law there is no religion or salvation by works.
where there is no law is lawlessness...your religion is this lawlessness...dont just hear the words DO them lest you deceive yourself...as you have deceived yourself...

To be under the law is to be lost, or to try and be saved by the law is to be under a curse.

"For as many as are under the works of the law are under a curse" Galatians 3:10.

This is why salvation is by faith in Christ, plus nothing.

Yes...and faith without works is dead...

Robert Pate

Banned
yes I understand...your carnal mind is hostile to Yah...it can NOT submit to His Law

Being set apart from the world is not in you...to be dead to your former self and alive in Him His way is not for you...

yup the end of the road...the goal...the destination...ON EARTH AS IT IS IN HEAVEN

well if you have become a SLAVE to Him His way you are saved...bought at a price you did not pay...and if what you have done is believed in HIM then yes you have been saved indeed...and if what you have done is the same as those who are “here are they that keep the commandments of Yah and the faith OF Yahushua”...

this text does NOT say there is no judgement or condemnation and certainly it does NOT say there is no Law.

where there is no law is lawlessness...your religion is this lawlessness...dont just hear the words DO them lest you deceive yourself...as you have deceived yourself...

Yes...and faith without works is dead...

I am not hostile towards God or his Son Jesus Christ because I have been justified by faith.

"Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ" Romans 5:1

In Jesus Christ I have been justified, sanctified and redeemed, 1 Corinthians 1:30.

I am complete in HIM, Colossians 2:10.

The law, which is your Jesus, has been fulfilled and abolished, Matthew 5:18, Colossians 2:14.

If you are serving the law you are feeding a dead horse. Christians are not under any laws and rules, this is why Paul said, "The Just Shall Live By Faith" Romans 1:17. We live by faith in Christ and his Gospel and not according to laws, rules or religion.

You keep quoting James. James was a Judaizer. A Judaizer is one that believes in Jesus, but also believes that you must keep the law of Moses, Acts 15:19-21, also Galatians 2:12. kind of like you.

clefty

I am not hostile towards God or his Son Jesus Christ because I have been justified by faith.

"Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ" Romans 5:1

In Jesus Christ I have been justified, sanctified and redeemed, 1 Corinthians 1:30.

I am complete in HIM, Colossians 2:10.

The law, which is your Jesus, has been fulfilled and abolished, Matthew 5:18, Colossians 2:14.

If you are serving the law you are feeding a dead horse. Christians are not under any laws and rules, this is why Paul said, "The Just Shall Live By Faith" Romans 1:17. We live by faith in Christ and his Gospel and not according to laws, rules or religion.

You keep quoting James. James was a Judaizer. A Judaizer is one that believes in Jesus, but also believes that you must keep the law of Moses, Acts 15:19-21, also Galatians 2:12. kind of like you.

“Whoever loves Me follows Me”

James a judaizer...LOL...judaziers are not demanding one observe OT traditions because one who loves Him wants to keep His commandments... but that they observe OT in order TO BE SAVED...

Robert Pate

Banned
“Whoever loves Me follows Me”

James a judaizer...LOL...judaziers are not demanding one observe OT traditions because one who loves Him wants to keep His commandments... but that they observe OT in order TO BE SAVED...

Everybody, even unbelievers would like to be like Jesus. Trying to be like Jesus will not save you. The reason that no one will ever be like Jesus is because we are all born into sin, Romans 5:12. We have all been bitten by that serpent the devil and we are all infected with sin. This is why Paul said,

"For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God" Romans 3:23.

This is why no one will be saved by religion. Religion is man's preoccupation with his own spirituality. It is all about him and his ability to become acceptable to God by what he does or by what he has become. I am afraid that is where you are at.

If fallen man is to be saved, salvation must come to him totally and completely outside of himself. Thank God that it has in the work and the person of Jesus Christ.

"For he (God) has made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him" 2 Corinthians 5:21.

We are MADE righteous. We do not become righteous. Trying to become righteous is a work of the law and is religion. I would strongly suggest that you abandon all of your religious ways and trust in Christ alone for your salvation.

clefty

Everybody, even unbelievers would like to be like Jesus. Trying to be like Jesus will not save you. The reason that no one will ever be like Jesus is because we are all born into sin, Romans 5:12. We have all been bitten by that serpent the devil and we are all infected with sin. This is why Paul said,

"For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God" Romans 3:23.

And yet He commanded we follow Him...walk as He walked...keep the commandments if we love Him...

Even Paul affirmed copy me as I copy Christ...

This is why no one will be saved by religion. Religion is man's preoccupation with his own spirituality. It is all about him and his ability to become acceptable to God by what he does or by what he has become. I am afraid that is where you are at.

If fallen man is to be saved, salvation must come to him totally and completely outside of himself. Thank God that it has in the work and the person of Jesus Christ.
oh yeah? Are you really thankful for what He did?...than follow Him His Way...let your fruits and life reflect that faith and gratitude...yes for what He did...not what you are doing...

Like you and your heart attack...grateful to still be alive you should live better...

"For he (God) has made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him" 2 Corinthians 5:21.

We are MADE righteous. We do not become righteous. Trying to become righteous is a work of the law and is religion. I would strongly suggest that you abandon all of your religious ways and trust in Christ alone for your salvation.

Ok Robert...I am not getting through to you that works are NOT done to become saved but because we WERE SAVED by HIM...

We are merely to ABIDE in His love...and He was clear on how to do that...

Time to dust my sandals of you...some are willfully ignorant it is true...

A carnal mind will NOT submit to the Law of Yah...

It remains “Here are they that keep the commmandments of Yah and the faith OF Yahushua”...

Not just have faith and do whatever or nothing or faith without works...

Impressive stamina kicking against the Holy Spirit...

Hopefully some Ananias who was a believer and STILL ZEALOUS FOR THE LAW will heal you from your blindness...

Robert Pate

Banned
And yet He commanded we follow Him...walk as He walked...keep the commandments if we love Him...

Even Paul affirmed copy me as I copy Christ...

oh yeah? Are you really thankful for what He did?...than follow Him His Way...let your fruits and life reflect that faith and gratitude...yes for what He did...not what you are doing...

Like you and your heart attack...grateful to still be alive you should live better...

Ok Robert...I am not getting through to you that works are NOT done to become saved but because we WERE SAVED by HIM...

We are merely to ABIDE in His love...and He was clear on how to do that...

Time to dust my sandals of you...some are willfully ignorant it is true...

A carnal mind will NOT submit to the Law of Yah...

It remains “Here are they that keep the commmandments of Yah and the faith OF Yahushua”...

Not just have faith and do whatever or nothing or faith without works...

Impressive stamina kicking against the Holy Spirit...

Hopefully some Ananias who was a believer and STILL ZEALOUS FOR THE LAW will heal you from your blindness...

I have given you enough light to light a city, yet you remain in darkness, John 3:19-21.

The law is not our friend, yet you believe that it is. This is why Paul said to the Galatians,

"Tell me,that you desire to be under the law, DO YOU NOT HEAR THE LAW?" Galatians 4:21.

The law is the nature and character of God.

Here is the purpose of the law.

"Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: FOR BY THE LAW IS THE KNOWLEDGE OF SIN" Romans 3:20.

The law reveals sin. Do you really want to stand in the judgment and be judged by the law? This is why Jesus in our name and on our behalf fulfilled the law, Matthew 5:18 and then abolished it, Ephesians 2:15.

It is the Holy Spirit that will cause the Christian to do good works and will produce the Christian life, Ephesians 2:15, not our obedience to the law.

Robert Pate

Banned
God's standards are not as strict as you claim.
Your thinking has been poisoned by the "leaven" of the Pharisees.

No, I think that damnation is all about what you think and do.

Jesus said, "Be perfect even as your Father in heaven is perfect" Matthew 5:48.

God is perfect in all that he does in his relationship with fallen man.

I am afraid that you are going to be in for a shock in the judgment when you find out that the only righteousness that God will accept is the perfect righteousness of Christ.

Will you be found "In Christ" or will you be found under the law? If you are found under the law you will perish.

genuineoriginal

Jesus said, "Be perfect even as your Father in heaven is perfect" Matthew 5:48.
Your idea of what "perfect" means in that verse is in enmity with what Jesus intended.

I am afraid that you are going to be in for a shock in the judgment when you find out that the only righteousness that God will accept is the perfect righteousness of Christ.
Since you believe that you must have the "perfect righteousness of Christ" in order to be accepted by God, don't be shocked if God demands that of you while giving others a lot more leeway in what is needed to be accepted by Him.

Matthew 7:2
2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.​

Will you be found "In Christ" or will you be found under the law? If you are found under the law you will perish.
You are always looking for the wrong things.

What we need to consider is whether He will say to us, "Well done," or not.

Matthew 25:21
21 His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.​

Robert Pate

Banned
Your idea of what "perfect" means in that verse is in enmity with what Jesus intended.

Since you believe that you must have the "perfect righteousness of Christ" in order to be accepted by God, don't be shocked if God demands that of you while giving others a lot more leeway in what is needed to be accepted by Him.

Matthew 7:2
2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.​

You are always looking for the wrong things.

What we need to consider is whether He will say to us, "Well done," or not.

Matthew 25:21
21 His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.​

I hope you don't think that you are going to be saved because you are a "good and faithful servant". There is only one good and faithful servant and it is not you. If anyone goes to heaven it will be on the merits of Jesus Christ and not our own.

God sees us as perfect "In Christ".

"For you are dead and your life is hid with Christ in God" Colossians 3:3.

I am afraid that you are going to be in the "Lord, Lord, didn't we" group spoken of in Matthew 7:21-23.

God's Truth

We enter His Rest when he saves us, AFTER we trust everything that he says and that means do everything he says.

Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;

Robert Pate

Banned
We enter His Rest when he saves us, AFTER we trust everything that he says and that means do everything he says.

Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;

What does it mean to "enter into his rest?" It also says that those that have entered into "his Rest" have also ceased from their own works, as God did from his, Hebrews 4:10.

And then in verse 11 it says that we should labor or work to enter into that rest.

This is very serious because in Hebrews 4:3 it says that if you don't enter into his rest you are under his wrath.

In the Gospel Jesus comes into the world to justify the ungodly Romans 4:5 and to reconcile us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19. The work of Jesus is a finished work, we are complete in him, Colossians 2:10. We who believe are resting in what Jesus has accomplished in our name and on our behalf. We have entered into his rest. Trying to keep the commandments or trying to be good enough to be saved means that you are under his wrath because you have not entered into his rest.

God's Truth

What does it mean to "enter into his rest?" It also says that those that have entered into "his Rest" have also ceased from their own works, as God did from his, Hebrews 4:10.

And then in verse 11 it says that we should labor or work to enter into that rest.

This is very serious because in Hebrews 4:3 it says that if you don't enter into his rest you are under his wrath.

In the Gospel Jesus comes into the world to justify the ungodly Romans 4:5 and to reconcile us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19. The work of Jesus is a finished work, we are complete in him, Colossians 2:10. We who believe are resting in what Jesus has accomplished in our name and on our behalf. We have entered into his rest. Trying to keep the commandments or trying to be good enough to be saved means that you are under his wrath because you have not entered into his rest.

We enter his rest by doing what he says and not having to do these works anymore to clean yourself:

The Burnt Offering; The Grain Offering; The Fellowship Offering; The Sin Offering; The Guilt Offering; Dietary Laws; Purification After Childbirth; Cleansing From Infectious Skin Diseases; Cleansing From Mildew; Discharges Causing Uncleanness; The Day of Atonement; Rules for Priests; The Sabbath; Firstfruits; The Passover and Unleavened Bread; Feast of Weeks; Feast of Trumpets; Feast of Tabernacles; Oil and Bread Set Before The LORD; the Sabbath Year; The Year of Jubilee; Circumcision.

Resting in him means to let him clean you by just you believing he does after you repent of your sins.

Status
Not open for further replies.