WILL HILARY BE PRESIDENT IN 2016

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Does anybody feel that Hillbilly is their champion? I'm not sure how Americans feel about her.....besides being totally ambitious she seems cold to me.

I wonder if she will begin to look as ragged as she did in 2012.

Alate_One

Hillary will never be president. For one she is simply too old. If she were elected she would be the second oldest person ever to take office (69 years, 86 days old, only Reagan was older at 69 years, 349 days). We will never have another president born before 1960 IMO. I have no doubt in my mind that the Democrats don't want such an old president and have already have someone else in mind to be their candidate.
And perhaps you forget the level of Reagan worship on the Republican side. He even had two terms (and was clearly in a lot worse shape).

There really isn't much of anyone else. Not to say Dems wouldn't like another option, I just don't see too many stepping forward.

Second, why would she win now when she couldn't win in 2008? In 2008 EVERYTHING was lined up for her. Yet, she couldn't beat an unknown, inexperienced, half black politician who was a former state senator and was in his first term as a US Senator. If Hillary couldn't win then she certainly won't win now.
Wishful thinking. You seem to forget the excitement and newness and . .gasp . . . hope that was part of 2008. There's nothing like that for her to face now. Certainly not on the Republican side.

Presidential campaigns are always unpredictable, but if things stay as they have been in the last few cycles, she will likely win.

PureX

You really think Cruz or Paul will win the primary with the backing of the Kochs? We shall see - I'm not as convinced that money rules the day like you do. This will be a good test to falsify your position if neither of these two win the primary, as they are the two candidates backed by the Koch fundraising network.
The Kochs aren't the only oligarchs buying elections. And all the campaigns are paid for by the wealthy elites, so that they own whomever wins. That's how they insure that the game stays rigged.

Also, regular people can't run for high office. And those who can are politicos who have long since shown themselves to be the servants of their wealthy donors. Congressman, senators, governors, these are the pool of candidates, and they are already proven servants of the rich. And even if they were not, neither party would run them. Because both parties get most of their money from the oligarchs.

The whole show runs on money. Only those who are bought and stay bought get to play a part.

By the way, the Kochs main focus has been on state and local elections, lately, where they have personal business interests. There they can buy off the politicians and necessary officials to circumvent environmental and labor laws much cheeper than they can at the federal level.