Will Christian Artificial Intelligences go to Heaven.

Gary K

Banned
I find this to be one of strangest ideas I've ever seen. You seem to think that an entity created by sinful man and not God, and not containing the spark of life given by God, is something He will allow in heaven. Where you come up with this is beyond me. It most certainly isn't Biblical. Where does the Bible even hint that a machine manufactured by mankind will ever be taken to heaven? You're going to have a hard time justifying this Biblically.

Just because AI may at some point mimic life, doesn't mean it is alive anymore than the serpents Pharoah's magicians manufactored were equal to the serpent God created out of Aaron's rod. The magician's serpents appeared to be the equal of God's creation but literally were not its equal as the one God created ate all of their's. Only God can give life. Humanity cannot.

WatchmanOnTheWall

GOD became mankind, and suffered and died to redeem mankind.

GOD did not become computer-kind and die as a computer in order to redeem computers.

AI-s are just _ out of luck.

Yes, I'm beginning (IOW have always thought) these 'driods' are the work of the devil.

giphy.gif

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
These aren't the droids you're looking for.

Silliness aside, computer programs are not alive. They are programmed to have the appearance of being alive, but a stone statue painted to look real is still a rock. In the same way, a computer program designed and programmed to look and sound like a human is still a computer program, no matter how good the imitation.

WatchmanOnTheWall

These aren't the droids you're looking for.

Silliness aside, computer programs are not alive. They are programmed to have the appearance of being alive, but a stone statue painted to look real is still a rock. In the same way, a computer program designed and programmed to look and sound like a human is still a computer program, no matter how good the imitation.

You should watch this then: https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#inbox/160a307725769007?projector=1

It is explain what has been happening regarding AI doing things autonomously, behind the scenes.

WatchmanOnTheWall

In other words, if you won't believe An AI's assertion regarding atheism why believe one asserting christianity? Isn't it merely your bias at play?

Yep, I wouldn't believe either. I was never really serious about this question but it is amazing how AI is becoming so human like while remaining unnatural.