Why would God need a hell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mickiel

Again the future of ALL humanity; Isaiah 49:26, latter part of verse; "And ALL FLESH shall know that I the Lord am thy Savior and thy redeemer!"

All humans are predestined to have the knowledge of God.

Apple7

Again the future of ALL humanity; Isaiah 49:26, latter part of verse; "And ALL FLESH shall know that I the Lord am thy Savior and thy redeemer!"

All humans are predestined to have the knowledge of God.

Seriously, though....with the state of the world today, are you happy that you voted for Obama twice...?

Mickiel

Hey, let me show you something good about God, his true desires; Isaiah 45:22, " Look to me, and BE SAVED, ALL the ends of the earth; for I am God, and there is none else!"

OOOHHH Glory!!!

Again and again the scriptures stress ALL, because THAT is how God's great heart is; it WANTS ALL SAVED! And that is exactly what his true followers would want, just what he wants.

Mickiel

Hey, let me share somethingelse with you that will help you see the nature of God. God is hiding himself now, but he will not always. Hey, check out Isaiah 52:10, " The Lord has made bare his Holy arm in the eyes of ALL nations; and ALL the ends of the earth SHALL SEE THE SALVATION OF GOD!"

Again notice the scripture speaking in terms of ALL; VERY inclusive, always stating that salvation will be seen by everyone; hey listen, an unconverted mind CANNOT see salvation! So we are looking at a future of transformation for ALL!

Apple7

Hey, let me show you something good about God, his true desires; Isaiah 45:22, " Look to me, and BE SAVED, ALL the ends of the earth; for I am God, and there is none else!"

OOOHHH Glory!!!

Again and again the scriptures stress ALL, because THAT is how God's great heart is; it WANTS ALL SAVED! And that is exactly what his true followers would want, just what he wants.

Your examples continue to spank your worldview.

This one states very plainly that the ones saved are ALL who turn to Yahweh.

You turn away from Yahweh.

Thus, you are not saved.

Lon

Why would God need a hell? Look at Heb. 8:12, " For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness and their sins I will remember no more."
Let's look at just one of your verses and the surrounding verses:

Heb 7:25 Consequently, he is able to save to the uttermost those who draw near to God through him, since he always lives to make intercession for them.
Heb 6:8 But if it bears thorns and thistles, it is worthless and near to being cursed, and its end is to be burned.
Heb 6:9 Though we speak in this way, yet in your case, beloved, we feel sure of better things—things that belong to salvation.

Heb 9:15
Therefore he is the mediator of a new covenant, so that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance, since a death has occurred that redeems them from the transgressions committed under the first covenant.

Heb 9:28
so Christ, having been offered once to bear the sins of many, will appear a second time, not to deal with sin but to save those who are eagerly waiting for him.

Heb 10:12 But when Christ had offered for all time a single sacrifice for sins, he sat down at the right hand of God,
Heb 10:13 waiting from that time until his enemies should be made a footstool for his feet.
Heb 10:14 For by a single offering he has perfected for all time those who are being sanctified.
Heb 10:15 And the Holy Spirit also bears witness to us; for after saying,
Heb 10:16 "This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, declares the Lord: I will put my laws on their hearts, and write them on their minds,"
Heb 10:17 then he adds, "I will remember their sins and their lawless deeds no more."
Heb 10:18 Where there is forgiveness of these, there is no longer any offering for sin.

Mickiel

Your examples continue to spank your worldview.

This one states very plainly that the ones saved are ALL who turn to Yahweh.

You turn away from Yahweh.

Thus, you are not saved.

Greetings Apple 7,

Humans turning away from God means nothing to him, Jer. 32:40, Mal. 4:6 and 1 Kings 8:58 all show God turning the hearts of humans back to him;

thus those YOU claimed are not saved, praise God they are!

Apple7

Hey, let me share somethingelse with you that will help you see the nature of God. God is hiding himself now, but he will not always. Hey, check out Isaiah 52:10, " The Lord has made bare his Holy arm in the eyes of ALL nations; and ALL the ends of the earth SHALL SEE THE SALVATION OF GOD!"

Again notice the scripture speaking in terms of ALL; VERY inclusive, always stating that salvation will be seen by everyone; hey listen, an unconverted mind CANNOT see salvation! So we are looking at a future of transformation for ALL!

Again....context states Yahweh's people.

You reject Yahweh.....so, this does NOT apply to you.

Keep 'em coming...

Apple7

Greetings Apple 7,

Humans turning away from God means nothing to him, Jer. 32:40, Mal. 4:6 and 1 Kings 8:58 all show God turning the hearts of humans back to him;

thus those YOU claimed are not saved, praise God they are!

You flat-out reject Him...so again, these verses do not apply to you.

Mickiel

Heb 7:25 Consequently, he is able to save to the uttermost those who draw near to God through him, since he always lives to make intercession for them.
[/

I like this verse Lon. In John 6:44, no one can come to Christ unless the Father who sent him, DRAW them. They will be saved after they are drawn, and Jesus promised that if he be lifted up, he will DRAW ALL humans to him. Your religion cannot block that.

Mickiel

Again....context states Yahweh's people.

You reject Yahweh.....so, this does NOT apply to you.

Keep 'em coming...

As you wish, I'll keep them coming; Isaiah 53:6, " ALL we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned EVERY one to his own way; and the Lord has laid on him the sins of us ALL!" Oh let me see how you are going to try to subtract unbelievers from this.

Apple7

As you wish, I'll keep them coming; Isaiah 53:6, " ALL we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned EVERY one to his own way; and the Lord has laid on him the sins of us ALL!" Oh let me see how you are going to try to subtract unbelievers from this.

You can't be serious.

Isa 53 is all about Jesus' crucifixion, brother!

Remember.....you reject Christ.

So again....this does NOT apply to you.

Apple7

Lon,

Let's keep in mind that this liberal voted for Obama twice....he wouldn't know scripture to save his life...literally!

Mickiel

Hello? Lon, Apple, where are you? Come now, lets party! Lets get into some word! A human can be a blasphemer, a killer, or just crazy, and salvation still be theirs; they still receive mercy. Notice 1 Tim. 1:13, " Who was before a blasphemer , a persecutor, and injurious; but I obtained mercy, because I did it in ignorance."

Unbelievers are just ignorant of God, but his mercy awaits them.

Lon

Hey, check out Isaiah 52:10, " The Lord has made bare his Holy arm in the eyes of ALL nations; and ALL the ends of the earth SHALL SEE THE SALVATION OF GOD!"
:sigh: Instead of quote mining, seek what God actually has to say to you.
Isa 52:9 Break forth together into singing, you waste places of Jerusalem, for the LORD has comforted his people; he has redeemed Jerusalem.

Isa 53:11 Out of the anguish of his soul he shall see and be satisfied; by his knowledge shall the righteous one, my servant, make many to be accounted righteous, and he shall bear their iniquities.

Isa 56:6 "And the foreigners who join themselves to the LORD, to minister to him, to love the name of the LORD, and to be his servants, everyone who keeps the Sabbath and does not profane it, and holds fast my covenant—
Isa 56:7 these I will bring to my holy mountain, and make them joyful in my house of prayer; their burnt offerings and their sacrifices will be accepted on my altar; for my house shall be called a house of prayer for all peoples."

Isa 57:20 But the wicked are like the tossing sea; for it cannot be quiet, and its waters toss up mire and dirt.
Isa 57:21 There is no peace," says my God, "for the wicked."
Isa 59:1 Behold, the LORD's hand is not shortened, that it cannot save, or his ear dull, that it cannot hear;
Isa 59:2 but your iniquities have made a separation between you and your God, and your sins have hidden his face from you so that he does not hear.
Isa 59:3 For your hands are defiled with blood and your fingers with iniquity; your lips have spoken lies; your tongue mutters wickedness.
Isa 59:7
Their feet run to evil, and they are swift to shed innocent blood; their thoughts are thoughts of iniquity; desolation and destruction are in their highways.
Isa 59:18 According to their deeds, so will he repay, wrath to his adversaries, repayment to his enemies; to the coastlands he will render repayment.
Isa 59:19 So they shall fear the name of the LORD from the west, and his glory from the rising of the sun; for he will come like a rushing stream, which the wind of the LORD drives.
Isa 59:20 "And a Redeemer will come to Zion, to those in Jacob who turn from transgression," declares the LORD.
None of this is a universal promise to save all. Much of it could not be fulfilled if the fulfillment weren't in Christ.

I think a universal atonement probably a noble thing in and of itself, but it denies too many scriptures to be tenable AND I must have a Christianity that is "Christ's" not yours, not mine.

Apple7

Hello? Lon, Apple, where are you? Come now, lets party!

Since you are logged into this thread pretty much 24/7....I figure that we could pop back in anytime and pick-up your recycled non-sense pretty much anytime....

:cigar:

Lon

I like this verse Lon. In John 6:44, no one can come to Christ unless the Father who sent him, DRAW them. They will be saved after they are drawn, and Jesus promised that if he be lifted up, he will DRAW ALL humans to him. Your religion cannot block that.
You are rationalizing. I don't wish to 'block' you but expose scriptures for what they say, and don't say. You are jumping around in scripture to make them say what you want them to say. I have spent a lot of time in simply the one passage of a couple of your verses to show you how you 'ought' to read scripture. Proof-texting isn't reading OR understanding God's Word. :nono: What you are doing is "Googling the Bible for what pleases me." --> 2 Timothy 4:3 Are you a man-pleaser or God-pleaser? "Googling verses for me" is man-pleasing. I wish you'd have taken even half the time I've spent in thread, just now, reading all of scriptures, in context, to see what God had to say to me/you. See all the verses? I read them and read for them (meaning no Google or other search engine). See the ▲time ▲ signatures? I've been doing not much else but reading scripture for the last 35 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.