Why We Are Justified by Faith Alone

beloved57

No, I am asking you a question for the second time and you continue to not even attempt to answer it. Here it is again:

Why would Christians be given the mission to go to unbelievers and tell them to be "reconciled to God" if they were already reconciled to God?

Your whole theory rests on you being able to answer this question in a reasonable manner.

You can run but you cannot hide!

You are questioning the truth. Those Christ died for are reconciled to God while they are enemies is a fact, and its also a fact that they which are reconciled shall be saved by His life! That is a promise. I don't have to answer to that!

Robert Pate

Banned
I'm curious. If I understand you correctly, to become a Christian all one has to do is come to the mental understanding that Jesus is the son of God and that he died for our sins and God raised him the third day. Nothing else is ever necessary?

What do you, who is a sinner, think that you have to offer?

Robert Pate

Banned
You are questioning the truth. Those Christ died for are reconciled to God while they are enemies is a fact, and its also a fact that they which are reconciled shall be saved by His life! That is a promise. I don't have to answer to that!

You are screwing with the scriptures again. You will do anything to please your Calvinist God, even pervert God's word.

The Scripture plainly says... "When we were enemies" Which is past tence. You cannot be reconciled unto God and still be his enemy. If you want to be reconciled unto God you will have to accept the offer of reconciliation.

Jerry Shugart

Yes, they are after. I would suggest to you that those who believe the gospel are baptized.

When water baptism was in order those who believed were baptized with water. But by the time they were baptized that way they were already saved:

"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth"
(Ro.1:16).​

According to your ideas the gospel is not the power of God unto salvation to everyone who believes because just believing saves no one.

According to your ideas no one is saved until they believe and then submit to the rite of water baptism.

You are not believing the gospel of grace which declares that all who believe receive the righteousness which is of God:

"But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets; Even the righteousness of God which is by the faithfulness of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference: For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus" (Ro.3:21-24).​

beloved57

When water baptism was in order those who believed were baptized with water. But by the time they were baptized that way they were already saved:

"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth"
(Ro.1:16).​

According to your ideas the gospel is not the power of God unto salvation to everyone who believes because just believing saves no one.

According to your ideas no one is saved until they believe and then submit to the rite of water baptism.

You are not believing the gospel of grace which declares that all who believe receive the righteousness which is of God:

"But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets; Even the righteousness of God which is by the faithfulness of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference: For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus" (Ro.3:21-24).​

Those Christ died for are made righteous Rom 5:19. They didn't believe a thing.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
All men or every man verses

All men or every man verses

"But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man"
(Heb.2:9).​
Yes, in Hebrews 2:9, Our Lord is said to “taste death for every man;” furthermore, it is in the very next verse restricted to “sons brought to glory,” and in Hebrews 2:11, to “sanctified” ones. :AMR:

AMR

Jerry Shugart

Those Christ died for are made righteous Rom 5:19. They didn't believe a thing.

So Paul's answer was in error when he told a man how to he could be saved?:

"And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house" (Acts 16:30-31).​

Jerry Shugart

Yes, in Hebrews 2:9, Our Lord is said to “taste death for every man;” furthermore, it is in the very next verse restricted to “sons brought to glory,” and in Hebrews 2:11, to “sanctified” ones.

The Lord Jesus tasted death for every man but only those who believe are brought to glory. Verse ten does not restrict what is said in verse nine in any way.

"But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man" (Heb.2:9).​

beloved57

So Paul's answer was in error when he told a man how to he could be saved?:

"And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house" (Acts 16:30-31).​

No Paul isnt in error, your understanding is. Those Christ died for, His One obedience made them Righteous Rom 5:19

[FONT=&quot]For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

[/FONT]
Now according to this verse, what shall make the many righteous ?

Robert Pate

Banned
No Paul isnt in error, your understanding is. Those Christ died for, His One obedience made them Righteous Rom 5:19

[FONT="]For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

[/FONT]
Now according to this verse, what shall make the many righteous ?

Your Calvinist god will not let you believe that Jesus died for the sins of the whole world.

"And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be THE SAVIOR OF THE WHOLE WORLD" 1 John 4:14.

Robert Pate

Banned
Yes, in Hebrews 2:9, Our Lord is said to “taste death for every man;” furthermore, it is in the very next verse restricted to “sons brought to glory,” and in Hebrews 2:11, to “sanctified” ones. :AMR:

AMR

You have the same disease as B57, its called spiritual blindness.

You think that something is wrong with the bible. Hebrews 2:11 does not change Hebrews 2:9.

turbosixx

What do you, who is a sinner, think that you have to offer?

I will gladly answer but I would appreciate an answer to my question. Feel free to reword it or answer however you like. I'm just trying to understand exactly how you understand a Christians conversion.

If I understand you correctly, to become a Christian all one has to do is come to the mental understanding that Jesus is the son of God and that he died for our sins and God raised him the third day. Nothing else is ever necessary?

turbosixx

Paul is talking about the law of Moses. That's why he says without THE LAW.

21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested,

The law of Moses could not save, that is what Paul is telling them. You can't use a verse that says without the law of Moses and make it mean without the law of Christ. We are under the law of Christ.

21 To them that are without law, as without law, (being not without law to God, but under the law to Christ,) that I might gain them that are without law.

You don't understand what it means to believe!

Jerry Shugart

Paul is talking about the law of Moses. That's why he says without THE LAW.

21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested,

The fact that you ignore is that Paul writes that the righteousness of God comes to all those who believe:

"But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets; Even the righteousness of God which is by the faithfulness of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe"
(Ro.3:21-22).​

And here Paul makes it plain that this righteousness which is of God is his through "faith":

"And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faithfulness of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith"
(Phil.3:9).​

You don't understand what it means to believe!

What is the meaning of the Greek word translated "believe"? Since you think you know the meaning of that word and I do not then please quote that meaning from any Greek expert.

Thanks!