Why the Righteous Man Does Not Need Rules, Laws or Religion, 1 Timothy 1:9.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You are making simple gospel so complicated, Jacob.

There is no need for that, in fact, it is harmful because it confuses the hearers.

Shalom.

Today is Sheni, Aviv 10.

I am explaining that God wants us to obey His commandments, He wants us to be obedient to Him, even though salvation is not by works. The gospel being simple does not mean that people do not have difficulty understanding it sometimes. That I know this is because I have read the scriptures. What you are saying is harmful is life to the hearers who understand. To those who do not they can continue to study or God will give them illumination, understanding.

Shalom.

Jacob

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

Today is Sheni, Aviv 10.

I am explaining that God wants us to obey His commandments, He wants us to be obedient to Him, even though salvation is not by works. The gospel being simple does not mean that people do not have difficulty understanding it sometimes. That I know this is because I have read the scriptures. What you are saying is harmful is life to the hearers who understand. To those who do not they can continue to study or God will give them illumination, understanding.

Shalom.

Jacob

Why do you have the need to add that the works does not save us?

We are supposed to encourage everyone to obey God and Jesus, not giving them doubt or confusion.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Why do you have the need to add that the works does not save us?

We are supposed to encourage everyone to obey God and Jesus, not giving them doubt or confusion.

It is not doubt or confusion, it is clarity on the only way to be saved. By faith in God and Jesus Christ. It is because of God's grace that you can be saved, not because of your works. Otherwise you would have something to boast in. Salvation is not about boasting or arrogance. I hope that this is clear to you.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Nope, you are claiming the same thing as many confused Christians.

I am done with this with you.

blessings.

I do not know what you are saying or what you are talking about. You are to obey God and Jesus. Now do not boast in your works or in your obedience. Have you done a study on the words in scripture in the Bible have been saved?

Romans 8:24 NASB - For in hope we have been saved, but hope that is seen is not hope; for who hopes for what he already sees?

Ephesians 2:5 NASB - even when we were dead in our transgressions, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved),

Ephesians 2:8 NASB - For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God;

Ephesians 2:5 NKJV - even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved),

Ephesians 2:8 NKJV - For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; [it is] the gift of God,

Listen to Jesus.

Ought to have done.

Matthew 23:23 NKJV - "Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have neglected the weightier [matters] of the law: justice and mercy and faith. These you ought to have done, without leaving the others undone.

Luke 11:42 NKJV - "But woe to you Pharisees! For you tithe mint and rue and all manner of herbs, and pass by justice and the love of God. These you ought to have done, without leaving the others undone.

Luke 17:10 NASB - "So you too, when you do all the things which are commanded you, say, 'We are unworthy slaves; we have done only that which we ought to have done.'"

I do not know that I can add anything or can add anything more to what Jesus has said.

Shalom.

Jacob

Robert Pate

Banned
Shalom.

Today is Sheni, Aviv 10.

Shalom.

Jacob

A good son does not need commandments, laws, religion.

He knows what is required of him and does not need to be told what to do. The law is made for the lawless and disobedient, 1 Timothy 1:9, but not for a good son.

A good Son loves his Father and does not want to disappoint him by sinning against him.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
A good son does not need commandments, laws, religion.

He knows what is required of him and does not need to be told what to do. The law is made for the lawless and disobedient, 1 Timothy 1:9, but not for a good son.

A good Son loves his Father and does not want to disappoint him by sinning against him.

I know that you have false doctrine here. However, a good son does do what his father wants him to do.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Very few do. Especially those like yourself that are religious.

I have been through the gamut of people and myself saying I am religous or not. I am not a religious Christian. I used to be religious. I used to be a Christian.

I am a Jew of Israel. I believe Yeshua to be the Messiah. I do not see this to be religious. But I do have a belief in God.

As for God's commandments they are meant to be obeyed, observed.

Read what Jesus said. Read what Paul said. Read the entire Bible.

john w

Hall of Fame
He again quotes 1 Timothy 1:9 KJV, as his "proof text." Fine.

More meltdown into the world of confusion, deceit, diminished capacity,for this wolf. He has been caught, in another lie, contradiction, twisted, demonic "reasoning." To wit-He argues:

The reason Jesus abolished the law is because we cannot keep it. Where is no law there is no transgression....The law was made for sinners,not Christians-1 Timothy 1:9.

Thus, he continues to argue, that the law was abolished for Christians, but not for sinners, quoting 1 Timothy 1:9 KJV, dozens of times in recent days, asserting that the law only applies to sinners, not Christians. He asserts that Christians are not under the judgment of the law, because it no longer exists, citing "Where there is no law there is no transgression," i.e., no sin can be charged against Christians, as there is no law, to define the offense, the transgression. That is his on record "logic." And yet, in the "same breath," he asserts, again, on record,ad nauseam......

http://theologyonline.com/showthread.php?128274-What-Does-God-Require-For-Your-Salvation/page3
Post #32

Paul referred to himself as "The Chief of Sinners" 1 Timothy 1:15. And then he spoke about his struggle with sin in Romans 7;13-25. We never reach the point where we think that we have arrived. We remain needy sinners, always in need of God's mercy and grace.

As long as we are in these Adamic bodies we are sinners, saved sinners, but still sinners. But we have hope. Paul said, "Hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man sees then why does he hope for it" Romans 8:24. Paul saw himself as a wretched man. He even referred to himself as "carnal sold under sin". But then he had hope that he would be delivered from sin, death and the devil, Romans 8:25.

http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...nces-of-Unbelief-or-Incorrect-Doctrine/page14

Posts #198, 200, 204......:

Paul is the one that referred to himself as "The Chief of Sinners" 1 Timothy 1:15. Your problem is that you cannot figure out how one can be a sinner and still be saved. This is because you don't know nor do you understand the Gospel. .... Paul is the one that referred to himself as the "Chief of Sinners" 1 Timothy 1:15. Paul also said, "That in his flesh dwells no good thing" Romans 7:18. Christians are called to live their lives before God as sinners, 1 John 1:8. No one measures up to God's standards. We all come short of the glory of God, Romans 3:23.... As long as we are in these Adamic bodies we are sinners. We only have the first fruits or the down payment of the Holy Spirit. We are waiting to be delivered from the flesh. See Romans 8:22-27.

Tell us, Pate, with more of your demonic "logic"- how can Christians be called sinners, i.e., be charged with committing sins, by definition, when, as you "argue," there is no law for Christians, only sinners(distinguishing them, the lost, as sinners, from Christians), you quoting 1 Timothy 1:9 KJV, when there is allegedly no law, it being abolished,according to you, to define sin for Christians, to define the offense?

Tell us, POPE Pate, how can a Christian be termed a "sinner," which, by definition, is one who commits a sin/transgression, if there is no law for them to be charged with a sin/offense/transgression?Your entire "argument" for the law being abolished for Christians, is, that if there is no law, the Christian cannot be charged with a sin/transgression, you quoting "Where there is no law there is no transgression." So, how is that a Christian, is a "sinner?" A sinner, by definition, commits a sin. What sin?

Pate quoted this, dozens of times, in his "argument:"

1 Timothy 1:9 KJV

Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,

Pate:The law was made for sinners, John W., not Christians. Apparently, you need the law, being a sinner!!!!!!!!!!!

Other/me, to Pate: You said Christians are still considered sinners, Pate. How can that be, since, if there is no law, according to you, by which they can be judged to commit a sin/transgression? .Remember....Your "argument"....Where there is no law there is no transgression, no sin!!!!That is why the law had to be abolished, according to your premise.

Pate: Well, urr, uh,....You need the law....I am led by the Holy Spirit, you see, uh, urr....

Go ahead, Pate. Spin, lie, change biblical words, delete words, re-invent the meaning of words, to get yourself out of this ditch you are in.

Go ahead, Pate.

Watch the spam, 1 line sound bytes with which he replies. Watch...

Robert Pate

Banned
I have been through the gamut of people and myself saying I am religous or not. I am not a religious Christian. I used to be religious. I used to be a Christian.

I am a Jew of Israel. I believe Yeshua to be the Messiah. I do not see this to be religious. But I do have a belief in God.

As for God's commandments they are meant to be obeyed, observed.

Read what Jesus said. Read what Paul said. Read the entire Bible.

God never intended for his people to live according to the law. This is why Paul said, "The Just Shall Live By Faith" Romans 1:17. And not according to rules laws and religion.

To live according to the Spirit is to also live according to the Gospel.

In the Gospel we have been justified, sanctified and redeemed and now stand before God as perfect and complete "In Christ" Colossians 2:10.

Living according to laws and rules is a denial of the Gospel and justification by faith. If we have been perfected by Christ then why do you need religion?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
God never intended for his people to live according to the law. This is why Paul said, "The Just Shall Live By Faith" Romans 1:17. And not according to rules laws and religion.

To live according to the Spirit is to also live according to the Gospel.

In the Gospel we have been justified, sanctified and redeemed and now stand before God as perfect and complete "In Christ" Colossians 2:10.

Living according to laws and rules is a denial of the Gospel and justification by faith. If we have been perfected by Christ then why do you need religion?

If God did not want us to obey Him He and Christ would not have given us commands or commandments to obey. If you say these are laws, okay. What is the Hebrew word for law, rather than the Greek word? Is there more than one word? Are you for God's Law, the Law of Moses, and the Law of Christ, and New Covenant Law? If God's law is written on your heart and your mind in the New Covenant in Jesus Christ as a part of the House of Israel or the House of Judah that is not a bad thing, right? Now why wouldn't you want that? Let, if Yeshua made a way that Gentiles or Gentile converts could be a part of the New Covenant.

Shalom.

Jacob

Robert Pate

Banned
If God did not want us to obey Him He and Christ would not have given us commands or commandments to obey. If you say these are laws, okay. What is the Hebrew word for law, rather than the Greek word? Is there more than one word? Are you for God's Law, the Law of Moses, and the Law of Christ, and New Covenant Law? If God's law is written on your heart and your mind in the New Covenant in Jesus Christ as a part of the House of Israel or the House of Judah that is not a bad thing, right? Now why wouldn't you want that? Let, if Yeshua made a way that Gentiles or Gentile converts could be a part of the New Covenant.

Shalom.

Jacob

I use to work a bunch of people. There were some that never needed to be told what to do. They came in did there Job and never complained about anything. And then there were some that needed continuous direction and instructions. I think that you would be one of the latter.

Do you really need to be told not to lie, steal or cheat.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I use to work a bunch of people. There were some that never needed to be told what to do. They came in did there Job and never complained about anything. And then there were some that needed continuous direction and instructions. I think that you would be one of the latter.

How about not even knowing what your instruction is?

john w

Hall of Fame

What objective source tells you that lying, cheating, stealing, are wrong, i.e., sins/transgressions, POPE Pate? It cannot be the holy, good, just, perfect, spiritual law of God, because, according to you, "poof," it no longer exists.

Go ahead and tell us, Pate.

Are you a sinner, Pate?

Status
Not open for further replies.