Why the Righteous Man Does Not Need Rules, Laws or Religion, 1 Timothy 1:9.

Status
Not open for further replies.

john w

Hall of Fame
You forgot to say... "He is the mediator of a BETTER COVENANT, which was established on BETTER Promises, Hebrews 8:6.]

Quite irrelevant, you demonic drunk.
"In that he says, a new Covenant has he made the first old. NOW THAT WHICH IS DECAYING and is waxing old, IS READY TO VANISH AWAY" Hebrews 8:13.

Correct-ready to, you moron-it still exists, idiot.

You are using scripture deceitfully.

No, I'm not, you liar. Scripture, you muse, devil boy. You've deleted 3/4 of it, you God hating, scripture hating, demon.

Robert Pate

Banned
Quite irrelevant, you demonic drunk.

Correct-ready to, you moron-it still exists, idiot.

No, I'm not, you liar. Scripture, you muse, devil boy. You've deleted 3/4 of it, you God hating, scripture hating, demon.

If it was waxing old and decaying 2000 years ago like Paul said, Hebrews 8:13 then it is nothing but dust by now.

But don't worry, it will be alive and well when you are judged by it.

john w

Hall of Fame
If it was waxing old and decaying 2000 years ago like Paul said, Hebrews 8:13 then it is nothing but dust by now.

But don't worry, it will be alive and well when you are judged by it.

No, you intoxicated demon- the words, moron, not the paper.

This drunk thinks the OC is the rock, papyrus, paper, it was preserved on. i

See that demonic drunkeness, TOL audience? Idiot, so demon possessed, that he can't think straight.

Judged by what, dung filled demon? You've attempted to delete 3/4 of the bible, you wicked pawn of satan.

Robert Pate

Banned
No, you intoxicated demon- the words, moron, not the paper.

This drunk thinks the OC is the rock, papyrus, paper, it was preserved on. i

See that demonic drunkeness, TOL audience? Idiot, so demon possessed, that he can't think straight.

Judged by what, dung filled demon? You've attempted to delete 3/4 of the bible, you wicked pawn of satan.

You have a lot of problems, but your biggest problem is that you don't believe the Bible.

Paul plainly said to Timothy,

"The law is not made for the righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient" 1 Timothy 1:9.

The righteous man does not need laws and rules because he is led by the Holy Spirit.

john w

Hall of Fame
You have a lot of problems, but your biggest problem is that you don't believe the Bible.

Paul plainly said to Timothy,

"The law is not made for the righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient" 1 Timothy 1:9.

The righteous man does not need laws and rules because he is led by the Holy Spirit.

Spam. Evasion.

"But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law" Galatians 5:18.

To be under the law or to live by the law is to be under a curse, Galatians 3:10. Yet many continue to live according to rules, laws and religion. Why is that? The Pharisees were the first ones to live by laws, rules and religion. This is why they were in constant conflict with Jesus.

The purpose of the law, (which I believe to be the nature and character of God) is to convict people of their lost condition and bring them to Christ, Galatians 3:24. Another purpose of the law is that it reveals the holy, just nature of God. One does not have to read much of the Bible to discover that their righteousness falls short of the glory of God, Romans 3:23. When they discover that the natural and normal thing to do is to call on Christ to save them, Romans 10:13.

Unfortunately, not all see it that way. Many continue to live according to rules, laws and religion, hoping that God will honor their effort to be righteous by keeping the law. Because God is holy he must judge sin where ever he finds it. If you come into the judgment in your own righteousness you will disappear in a puff of smoke. The only ones that will pass in the judgment are those that are found to be "In Christ".

What does it mean to be "In Christ?" It means that you are trusting in the righteousness of Christ for your salvation and not in your own righteousness, Philippians 3:9. It also means that you believe that Jesus has atoned for your sins and the sins of the whole world, 1 John 2:2. To be "In Christ" means that you resting in what he has accomplished in your name and on your behalf, Hebrews 4:10. Those that have entered into his rest are those that have ceased from their own works (religion) and are resting and trusting in his work for their salvation.

Salvation is a free gift from God, Ephesians 2:8. It cannot be earned, deserved or imposed. It is available to all that want to be saved. All that come to Christ to be saved by him are given the Holy Spirit. It is the Holy Spirit that produces the Christian life and good works, Ephesians 2:10. It is all of God and is NOT of the law.

The law produces wrath, judgment and condemnation. This is why Paul said to the Galatians, "Tell me that you desire to be under the law, do you not hear the law?" Galatians 4:21. The law is not our friend. The law will damn us to hell if we are found to be under it. This is why Jesus nailed the law to his cross. It was contrary to us, no one could keep it or do it.

In the Gospel we are justified by faith. We are justified by faith because we are justified by Christ. Jesus is God's justifier, Romans 3:26. Jesus is the one that justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5. Jesus is the one that reconciles us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19. All that Jesus is and all that Jesus did is ours by faith. This is why Paul said, "You are complete in him" Colossians 2:10.

The law has been abolished for Christians, being replaced by the Holy Spirit.

"The law is NOT made for the righteous man but for the lawless and disobedient" 1 Timothy 1:9, 10.

This is why John W. needs the law.

The righteous man knows that he is not under the law, but under grace, Romans 6:14.

Evasion, non responsive spam.

The law is NOT made for the righteous man, 1 Timothy 1:9.

The righteous man does not need rules and laws because... "He is not under the law, but under grace" Romans 6:14.

John W. needs the law, because he is lawless and disobedient, 1 Timothy 1:9.

Do you go to the synagogue John W.? If you don't, you should. You are more Jewish than you are Christian.

Christians are led by the Holy Spirit, John 14:17. Not the law.

=spam. We know that, demon. But the Holy Spirit only leads believers, based upon the existing, not "destroyed," objective, written word of God, not divorced from it, you deceiver, and the Holy Spirit does not replace the law, as you subjectively, satanically assert, it works with the objective, existing law, that is outside of yourself.

Non responsive, evasion,from the slick devil child. The issue is not the law as a rule of life, or to whom does it apply. The issue is, since you argued, on record, that the Holy Spirit replaces the law of God, for the believer( That is your "argument."), if the law applies to the lost, and not the believer, having been replaced by the Holy Spirit, according to you, replacing the good, holy,.....law, how are the saved to determine, objectively, what is right/wrong, if the law no longer exist, Pate? Answer:

Tell us why, then, murder, theft, adultery, lying....are wrong, if their is no objective source outside of yourself, such as the holy, good, spiritual law of God, to define wrong.

Go ahead, Pate. To what are you going to point? What is your reference point? The law of God? No, you assert that it does not exist.Let me guess: The Holy Spirit? Who says that your Holy Spirit, is right, and the other person's Holy Spirit, is wrong? You? You are divine, are you, pope Pate, speaking for Christ, on earth?

Go ahead, Pate. Tell all of TOL, again, what you must assert, since you have no objective reference point, outside of yourself,i.e., that right/wrong is determined subjectively, by each individual, through feelings, experiences, this "Holy Spirit" within you, that "trumps" the Holy Spirit within others. Yes, it is called ethical subjectivism, moral relativism. And you try to "splain it away, Lucy," with, "Well, you see, the Holy Spirit tells me that murder, theft, adultery, lying, are wrong, and my Holy Spirit is 'more right' than yours,"trumps" yours, as I am POPE Pate, as everyone knows, the consensus knows, and my parents taught me, that murder, theft, adultery, lying,are wrong, and everyone else is wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Months of silence, from this demonic child of the devil, as the devil has a gag order on him.

Tell us, Pate, to one who would tell you:
"I am led by the Holy Spirit. You taught me that the Holy Spirit replaced the law of God. He tells me that sodomy, multiple wives is OK."

What would you say? Go ahead, Pate. Tell us all.

Again...

I did answer this, but one of the moderators must have deleted it. Christians are not led by the law. They are led by the Holy Spirit.

Demonic false dichotomy.

Pate:Us citizens are not under the law of Great Britain. Therefore, the laws of Great Britain do not exist, are void, are destroyed.

They are led by the Holy Spirit.

True, but that same Holy Spirit will only lead Christians based upon the existing, objective, holy, good, spiritual law of God,not divorced from it, which you assert, no longer exists, so, you spam another devious false dichotomy..

Tell us, Pate, what you would say, to one, who asserts: "The Holy Spirit tells me that murder, having multiple wives, sodomy, is OK."

Go ahead, Pate. To what are you going to point? What is your reference point? The law of God? No, you assert that it does not exist.Let me guess: The Holy Spirit? Who says that your Holy Spirit, is right, and the other person's Holy Spirit, is wrong? You? You are divine, are you, pope Pate, speaking for Christ, on earth?Come on, Pate-tell al of TOL. Go ahead.

Watch his 2 month "punt" continue, and his non response, evasion. Watch.

______________________________________________________________________________________

The Old Testament along with the Old Covenant have been abolished.

john w

Hall of Fame
Psalm 111 KJV

7 The works of his hands are verity and judgment; all his commandments are sure.

8 They stand fast for ever and ever, and are done in truth and uprightness.

Pate, to the LORD God, flipping the bird at him, and satanically asserting....

You are trying to use Old Testament scripture to make your point. There is a problem with that. The Old Testament along with the Old Covenant have been abolished. We now have a New Testament and a new and living way. It is called "living by faith". We don't live according to the Old Testament, this is why Paul said, "The Just Shall Live By Faith" Romans 1:17 and not according to laws and rules that are found in the Old Testament.]

=Sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss....................

JonahofAkron

"Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law" (Romans 3:31).
I think this is the most important verse for interpreting anything that Paul discusses. He never had a goal of belittling the Law. Ever. All Pate wants to do is abolish that which Messiah sought to teach.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Robert Pate

Banned
I think this is the most important verse for interpreting anything that Paul discusses. He never had a goal of belittling the Law. Ever. All Pate wants to do is abolish that which Messiah sought to teach.

We establish the law by being "In Christ". God sees all that have been saved and indwelt by the Holy Spirit as perfect and Complete "In Christ" Colossians 2:10.

If you need the law its because you are lawless and disobedient, 1 Timothy 1:9.

JonahofAkron

We establish the law by being "In Christ". God sees all that have been saved and indwelt by the Holy Spirit as perfect and Complete "In Christ" Colossians 2:10.

If you need the law its because you are lawless and disobedient, 1 Timothy 1:9.
That's the crux, right there: your understanding of who the Law is for makes no sense according to what was taught by Paul. He clearly called all of us sinners and then said that sinners need the Law. How are you missing this?

Robert Pate

Banned
That's the crux, right there: your understanding of who the Law is for makes no sense according to what was taught by Paul. He clearly called all of us sinners and then said that sinners need the Law. How are you missing this?

There are two kinds of sinners. Saved sinners and unsaved sinners. Chances are that is the unsaved sinner that needs to be brought to Christ by the law, Galatians 3:24.

JonahofAkron

There are two kinds of sinners. Saved sinners and unsaved sinners. Chances are that is the unsaved sinner that needs to be brought to Christ by the law, Galatians 3:24.
Did you study the Torah before you became a believer?

Robert Pate

Banned
How can you make the claim that the Law is for someone that wouldn't use it? That makes zero sense.

Here, read it again, "Knowing this, that the law is not made for the righteous man (Christians) but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners" 1 Timothy 1:9.

The unsaved need the law because it is the law that brings them to Christ, Galatians 3:24.

Christians are led by the Holy Spirit, not the law. The law has been abolished for the Christian, Ephesians 2:15, also Colossians 2:14.

JonahofAkron

Here, read it again, "Knowing this, that the law is not made for the righteous man (Christians) but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners" 1 Timothy 1:9.

The unsaved need the law because it is the law that brings them to Christ, Galatians 3:24.

Christians are led by the Holy Spirit, not the law. The law has been abolished for the Christian, Ephesians 2:15, also Colossians 2:14.
How do you not see what you just said. Logical inconsistency at its finest.

Robert Pate

Banned
Give it up, Robert, even the MADs who are lawless Christians,don't agree with you.

Love and blessings in Jesus' law.

Paul has a message for you.

"Tell me that you desire to be under the law, do you not hear the law?" Galatians 4:21.

All of the law keepers are lost, Romans 4:15.

Status
Not open for further replies.