Why the Bible is a Closed Book

Robert Pate

Banned
The book of Revelation is the end or the final revelation of the New Testament.

After the book of Revelation there are no other revelations. The Bible is a closed book.

HisServant

The book of Revelation is the end or the final revelation of the New Testament.

After the book of Revelation there are no other revelations. The Bible is a closed book.

And who told you this?... who told you what books should be in the new and old testament?

Are you satisfied with Roman Catholics dictating the entirety of scripture to you?

Robert Pate

Banned
And who told you this?... who told you what books should be in the new and old testament?

Are you satisfied with Roman Catholics dictating the entirety of scripture to you?

Who told you that the Catholic church wrote the Bible?

As far as I can see the selection of the books of the Bible was correct.

HisServant

Who told you that the Catholic church wrote the Bible?

As far as I can see the selection of the books of the Bible was correct.

The Catholic Church did not write the Bible... but it DID determine what would be in the cannon and what would not be.

So basically, you saying the Bible is a closed book is putting yourself under a decision of the Roman Catholic Church...

They formalized the New Testament in their Councils of Hippo and Carthage.

Before then, the books of the new testament were circulated individually and there were a lot of other gospels and writings of Paul and other Apostles that were also circulated.

What Rome did was throw out writings that they did not agree with and embrace ones they did.. which is where you got your 27 books of the New Testament.

It was they that put Revelation at the end to... to specifically get the verse you are citing in the last book of the New Testament so to the reader it would look like their decision on the books of the New Testament was final.

You need to open your eyes to history.

Robert Pate

Banned
The Catholic Church did not write the Bible... but it DID determine what would be in the cannon and what would not be.

So basically, you saying the Bible is a closed book is putting yourself under a decision of the Roman Catholic Church...

They formalized the New Testament in their Councils of Hippo and Carthage.

Before then, the books of the new testament were circulated individually and there were a lot of other gospels and writings of Paul and other Apostles that were also circulated.

What Rome did was throw out writings that they did not agree with and embrace ones they did.. which is where you got your 27 books of the New Testament.

It was they that put Revelation at the end to... to specifically get the verse you are citing in the last book of the New Testament so to the reader it would look like their decision on the books of the New Testament was final.

HOGWASH!

The Catholic church had nothing to do with the content of the books of the Bible.

They are an accurate witness to Jesus Christ and his Gospel. I believe that it has been reserved and protected by God.

If you want further revelation than what is in the Bible, you are out of luck, there is none.

HisServant

HOGWASH!

The Catholic church had nothing to do with the content of the books of the Bible.

They are an accurate witness to Jesus Christ and his Gospel. I believe that it has been reserved and protected by God.

If you want further revelation than what is in the Bible, you are out of luck, there is none.

Hogwash?... are you choosing to be ignorant of how your Bible came to be?

Show me where God inspired a table of contents! If you cannot, you are fooling yourself.

The facts are the facts.

If you chose to accept the books as the bible as a matter of faith.. than that is your choice, but it has no biblical support or basis in fact when it comes to history.

Whether you want to admit it or not, the books included in your bible are a Roman Catholic decision.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

Show me where God inspired a table of contents! If you cannot, you are fooling yourself.

The facts are the facts.

If you chose to accept the books as the bible as a matter of faith.. than that is your choice, but it has no biblical support or basis in fact when it comes to history.

Whether you want to admit it or not, the books included in your bible are a Roman Catholic decision.

I take it, you don't trust the Scriptures? Well then, close your Bible,
open up a National Enquirer or other reading material and leave the
Bible to us, who believe that the Scriptures are "God inspired" and
protected by the Holy Spirit for all eternity.

Robert Pate

Banned

The facts are the facts.

The sole purpose of the Bible is to reveal Jesus Christ and his Gospel.

This it does and it does it very well.

I trust the witness of Christ and his Gospel that is recorded in the New Testament books. You should too.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

And, you need to place your faith in God's ability to, "Spiritually"
protect and reserve the Scriptures. Or, like I already stated, let
those who trust the Bible continue to do so. We don't need YOU
to okay the truths of the Bible. Evidently, you take yourself way
too seriously.

HisServant

too seriously.

I am a realist... I don't believe something just because someone else tells me to.

The Table of Contents of the Bible are strictly a human invention.

HisServant

The sole purpose of the Bible is to reveal Jesus Christ and his Gospel.

This it does and it does it very well.

I trust the witness of Christ and his Gospel that is recorded in the New Testament books. You should too.

I thought that was the Holy Spirits job?... not a single witness in the New Testament speaks to an eventual 'canon' of scripture.

FYI, for the first 300+ years of Christianity the bible did not exist... various books (some eventually made it into the canon and some didn't).

Are you insinuating that since they did not have a completed bible they were somehow unsaved or inferior to us in their understanding of Jesus?

But than again, you still cant seem to acknowledge that the table of contents of your bible is a roman catholic invention.

Robert Pate

Banned
I thought that was the Holy Spirits job?... not a single witness in the New Testament speaks to an eventual 'canon' of scripture.

FYI, for the first 300+ years of Christianity the bible did not exist... various books (some eventually made it into the canon and some didn't).

Are you insinuating that since they did not have a completed bible they were somehow unsaved or inferior to us in their understanding of Jesus?

But than again, you still cant seem to acknowledge that the table of contents of your bible is a roman catholic invention.

The table of content has nothing to do with the revelation of Christ and his Gospel. I could care less about the table of content.

The Bible is a witness to Christ and his Gospel. How we got it is not really important. What is important is who wrote it. John said, "These things are written so that you can believe". What things? The things about Christ and his Gospel.

too seriously.

It's always blown my mind what sort of ignorance would claim the Creator of the universe isn't competent to write a reliable book. Further, the Lord holds us responsible for truth, without providing truth distinguishable from false prophecy? What do people believe the purpose of God's Holy Word being laid down in scripture is, in the first place, but to provide a trustworthy record of truth? This is all just common sense. I find the idea we don't have a reliable Bible, God Himself has provided, one of the most stupid claims tares make. And such people don't have squat to offer in any conversation. I cease reading such people, period, as they are literally speaking for the devil, as well as being idiots.

HisServant

The table of content has nothing to do with the revelation of Christ and his Gospel. I could care less about the table of content.

The Bible is a witness to Christ and his Gospel. How we got it is not really important. What is important is who wrote it. John said, "These things are written so that you can believe". What things? The things about Christ and his Gospel.

Wow... just wow....

Cognitive Dissonance.

It seems the bible is more important to you than God.