ECT Why preterism can never be taken seriously by Bible believers

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
It's not my loss if I believe exactly what the Lord said in that verse.

What exactly are you claiming the verse says?

Here is the verse again:

(Matt 22:30) At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
What exactly are you claiming the verse says?

Here is the verse again:

(Matt 22:30) At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven.

That verse was earlier.

That's not the verse that I was discussing with Nang about.

It was Mt 19:28.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
That verse was earlier.

That's not the verse that I was discussing with Nang about.

Oh....George Orwell always gets me excited.

My favorite George Orwell quote:

"Every generation imagines itself to be more intelligent than the one that went before it, and wiser than the one that comes after it."

What do you think George Orwell would have said about "this generation" (Matt 24:34)?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
My second favorite George Orwell quote:

“He who controls the past controls the future. He who controls the present controls the past.”

Darby followers try to rewrite the past, in their vain attempt to control the future.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
My second favorite George Orwell quote:

“He who controls the past controls the future. He who controls the present controls the past.”

Darby followers try to rewrite the past, in their vain attempt to control the future.

Maybe he learned sumpthin' here.....

Well, in Genesis, Eve was created from the body of Adam, and then Adam married her.

Crossing fingers :)

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
No! I insult your allegorical hermeneutic and I will again.

Sugar coating it wont cut the mustard.

1 Corinthians 2:13
Which things also we speak,not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

You resist the Holy Ghost.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Good post Nang !!!

Darby followers deny that the Body of Christ can at the same time be the bride of Christ. They claim only Israel can be the bride.

There pat answer is always "how can the groom marry His own body?"

Well, in Genesis, Eve was created from the body of Adam, and then Adam married her.

Israel is the bride of Jehovah not Messiah.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
It never ceases to amaze me how Dispensationalists claim they never heard of, or never read anything from John Nelson Darby.

Somehow, in their intellectual dishonesty, these Dispies actually think everything they believe, and everything they have been taught, has nothing to do with Darby.

Which is why I say, over and over again, Dispensationalists live in denial.