ECT WHY NO ONE FOLLOWS JESUS ??

DAN P

Hi to all , and there many that say we should follow what Jesus and the Red Letter Edition , of Jesus words !

Some say that we should follow Jesus in Baptism !!

Did not Jesus give the disciples the Power to Remit sins ? yes He did , so can you also Remit Sins ?

2 Cor 5:16 says , So then , from NOW (ON ) we know no one according to ( the ) Flesh ; and IF we have known Christ according to ( the ) Flesh , YET now we know ( Him ) NO MORE .

This then means the following :

#1 , The Greek verb " KNOW /OIDO " is in the Prefect Tense , which means that even if we knew Jesus after the Flesh we can not Continue to know him as , they are all dead !

#2 , There is no one alive today that has known Christ , according to the FLESH today !

#3 , We are not to follow the Red Letter Edition of Christ words !!

Then Jesus words that he spoke to Israel are for Israel , like Repentance , Baptism , Languages , Prophecy and gift of Knowledge has CEASED and 2 othere verbs are in the FUTURE TENSE , except for "we know " is in the Present which is in the CONTINUOUS RESULTS of aways knowing Jesus after the Flesh !

dan p

Last edited:

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you... (Jesus)​

heir

TOL Subscriber
Do you Dan?

I know you don't. The only way to "follow Jesus" today is to follow Paul!

1 Corinthians 4:15 For though ye have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.

1 Corinthians 4:16 Wherefore I beseech you, be ye followers of me.

andyc

Hi to all , and there many that say we should follow what Jesus and the Red Letter Edition , of Jesus words !

Did not Jesus give the disciples the Power to Remit sins ? yes He did , so can you also Remit Sins ?

Those in authority do that. Someone proud about sinning unashamedly ought to be put out of the church. (1Cor 5:1-5)

2 Cor 5:16 says , So then , from NOW (ON ) we know no one according to ( the ) Flesh ; and IF we have known Christ according to ( the ) Flesh , YET now we know ( Him ) NO MORE .

#1 , The Greek verb " KNOW /OIDO " is in the Prefect Tense , which means that even if we knew Jesus after the Flesh we can not Continue to know him as , they are are dead !

#2 , There is no one alive today that has knows Christ , according t o the FLESH today !

Because Jesus is a heavenly man.

Then Jesus words that he spoke to Israel are for Israel , like Repentance , Baptism , Languages , Prophecy and gift of Knowledge has CEASED and 2 othere verbs are in the FUTURE TENSE , except for "we know " is in the Present which is in the CONTINUOUS RESULTS of aways knowing Jesus after the Flesh !

dan p

Some words Jesus spoke were for Israel, but context very easily explains it.

DAN P

Those in authority do that. Someone proud about sinning unashamedly ought to be put out of the church. (1Cor 5:1-5)

Because Jesus is a heavenly man.

Some words Jesus spoke were for Israel, but context very easily explains it.

Hi , and what is this , that you wrote , nothing !!

Nor , have you Debunked the OP !!:rotfl::rotfl:

DAN P

Last edited:

DAN P

I know you don't. The only way to "follow Jesus" today is to follow Paul!

1 Corinthians 4:15 For though ye have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.

1 Corinthians 4:16 Wherefore I beseech you, be ye followers of me.

Hi , and all should notice in 1 Cor 4:15 , that after fathers , it reads for " IN CHRIST " ,as all Grace believers are always " IN CHRIST " and it only by Paul , is what I see !!

ndan p

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Romans 3:21-22 KJV

But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets.​

The law Paul referred to is the Mosaic law which has been replaced for the Jews by rabbinic law.

heir

TOL Subscriber
But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets.​

The law Paul referred to is the Mosaic law which has been replaced for the Jews by rabbinic law.
:darwinsm: There are no Jews today!

Romans 11:32 For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.

dreadknought

#1 , The Greek verb " KNOW /OIDO " is in the Prefect Tense , which means that even if we knew Jesus after the Flesh we can not Continue to know him as , they are are dead !

#2 , There is no one alive today that has known Christ , according to the FLESH today !

dan p
My logic says you type nonsense. Your faith is black and white, not 3 D.

andyc

Hi , and what is this , that you wrote , nothing !!

Nor , have you Debunked the OP !!:rotfl::rotfl:

DAN P

There's nothing really to debunk. You made a stupid statement with little to nothing to back it up with.

republicanchick

no one follows JEsus

• b/c there's no money in it.. (Joel Olsteen would say otherwise but he is not for real IMO)
  • b/c it requires us to do hard things
  • b/c it is not popular to follow Jesus scrupulously

(it is OK to follow him sloppily, though... that's considered acceptable)

aikido7

BANNED
Banned

dan p
Jesus (and John the Baptizer) clearly followed an atonement with the Lord that did not involve a blood sacrifice at all.

For some reason following Jesus is not really stressed in today's Christianity. It is all about salvation in Heaven. Jesus is a hard taskmaster, as anyone who tries to take his ethics seriously.

I cannot blame today's believers for their wish to just ignore picking up the cross and following the Galilean.

There are clear differences between an "action-based" faith and a "belief-based" approach. It's not Christianity in my view if all you need for being included in the faith is to give one's assent to list of ancient, tribal beliefs and theologies that are no longer compelling or persuadable today.