Why is there so much hate and anger and confusion here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Letsargue

I am not sure I have ever read one of *your threads*. Once again, I do NOT own a Bible nor do I place any personal value on the words contained inside it.

This thread is about hate, anger and confusion. Something that you apparently enjoy contributing to.

You need not. I don't consider myself a fool (GODLESS) or a stupid Liberal. (SENSELESS).

Paul -- 071410

Son of Jack

Just remember that TOL is a strange and interesting place. Also, don't forget that you follow Christ, not a particular theological system or a particular group of people. I love both theology and the church, but both are flawed and fallible, no matter how well they are done. Jesus is infallible...follow Him and you can't go wrong.

bybee

Well

Well

You need not. I don't consider myself a fool (GODLESS) or a stupid Liberal. (SENSELESS).

Paul -- 071410

But, is your mind open to the reasonable expressions of others?
It is wise to, occasionally, look into the mirror held up by others. One might learn something about oneself heretofore not seen.
peace, bybee

rainee

Haha! You know, elo...I read through that post, tried it step by step and still got it wrong.

Hi Thunder Muse!

I hope you are still reading this thread if you have not started embedding your youtube videos yet.

All you have to do, dear, is go back to Momo's post where he gives you an embedded video, ok?

You just quote that post as you actually did already!
Go back and see that quote?

Use it like a form you fill out with what you want.

Paste over the info he has put in those brackets.

Where he had this inside the brackets: "Take this!!!"

You paste another title in those quotes that are in those brackets.

(I think we are supposed to do the actual title given at youtube, however, Momo may not have. He, well, you know... ahem, may be one of TOL's "Brat Pack." :jawdrop: )

Anyway once youdo that go to where he had the identifying code of this: Xwo-lwtwmHA

You paste in the code you want over it.

And you already have pasted the code once, you know!
When you pasted the site address so we could see it here --
the code is after the equal marks up there where you copied from.

Ok? Just start with what he already gave you and the page you want, you can do it.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Paul -- 071410

Your condescension and disdain for those of us who do not agree with you only serves as an example of why anything you have to say should be disregarded.

Letsargue

Just remember that TOL is a strange and interesting place. Also, don't forget that you follow Christ, not a particular theological system or a particular group of people. I love both theology and the church, but both are flawed and fallible, no matter how well they are done. Jesus is infallible...follow Him and you can't go wrong.

In order to follow Christ, one must believe what he said is true, not some shady arguing point. - What do you think, "Walking with Christ means"? -- Going off in your own direction in some other doctrine that is not Christ? Christ said what he said in person and through all the writters of the New Testament. Nothing in you all's cursed Commentaries! -- If you're wrong in JUST ONE LITTLE point, -- you cannot be saved. -- NOW PROVE THAT WRONG!

Paul -- 071410

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
In order to follow Christ, one must believe what he said is true, not some shady arguing point. - What do you think, "Walking with Christ means"? -- Going off in your own direction in some other doctrine that is not Christ? Christ said what he said in person and through all the writters of the New Testament. Nothing in you all's cursed Commentaries! -- If you're wrong in JUST ONE LITTLE point, -- you cannot be saved. -- NOW PROVE THAT WRONG!
A bit pointless, really, since you wouldn't see it. Now go try to meet the jot and tittle of your understanding and when you're tired from the impossible effort rest by the cross and grace that is sufficient, with the rest of Christendom.

Silly wanna-be rabbi. Tricks are for kids. :e4e: (I sense a shout or two coming on...)

Last edited:

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
A bit pointless, really, since you wouldn't see it. No go try to meet the jot and tittle of your understanding and when you're tired from the impossible effort rest by the cross and grace that is sufficient, with the rest of Christendom.

Silly wanna-be rabbi. Tricks are for kids. :e4e: (I sense a shout or two coming on...)

and don't forget the wrest of scripture

some other dude

A bit pointless, really, since you wouldn't see it. No go try to meet the jot and tittle of your understanding and when you're tired from the impossible effort rest by the cross and grace that is sufficient, with the rest of Christendom.

Ha ha na na na - you didn't use any scripture in THAT!

grit

Why is there so much hate and anger and confusion here?
Not from everybody, certainly. But there are people on this site that seem to take deliberate action to misunderstand, to antagonize, to insult and strike out. And they claim to have the Lord in them. Are they lying? Are they deluded? Is this what being indwelt with Christ does to some people? Are they having a bad reaction to being saved?
Hello, my name is grit.
I'm a Calvinist.
I' mostly pretty sure it's been at least 2 and a half years since I burned any TOL member at the stake.
(I confess I lit a wee little match in a particular member's presence not long ago (and at least one other member who has left TOL in the two years I was away after the manner of their initial welcome), and may have inadvertently dropped it on his foot, but I'm fairly certain he was wearing inflammable pirate boots at the time and may have only been affected with second-hand smoke inhalation. Per his conveyance in this thread (as supportive honesty), he only cried a very little bit, or maybe it was a cough - honestly, I think most of those welcoming me 'manned up', maintained a stiff upper lip, and were staunch-heartedly unmoved to Christian compassion, like a 'good' soldier (yes, that was sarcastic, for those in doubt).)

I'm not supposed to say some of what I won't say about your questions, so I'll move on to posting what I may be allowed to post, if 'my Jesus' indicates it's the thing to do.
I apologize if I take the first question as rhetorical. I find it somewhat obvious as to "why?", depending, of course, one how the phrasing of the question is stressed.
The question of "Are they lying?" I take as also somewhat rhetorical, but I would explain my take of such as understanding the 'lie' to reference a claim of having the Lord in them, and as perhaps essentially questioning whether the Lord is in what these members post; for we generally acknowledge that Satan is the father of lies, and not our Lord. The same might be understood about delusion. So, I hope I'm understanding that you're asking whether or not angered and insulting members are posting as such under the approval and influence of Christ, or whether or not the posts of such here are expressive elements of a dying 'old man' in the throws of being expelled by salvation in Christ?

If I'm understanding you correctly then I'd say "yes"; but I'm mostly posting such as a positive statement, because saying "no" seems a bummer that brings me down a little bit. I'd much rather post "YES!", with maybe a huggie smilie thingie, but I haven't been able to find a huggie smilie thingie in our expansive list of site smilies, and it seems I have to pay for the privilege of importing a smilie huggie thingie from elsewhere, unless of course I post it as a YouTube video (I usually wind up paying in some form or other anyway). Does any compassionate TOL Christian, or even one with a stiff upper lip, have a smilie huggie thingie from YouTube they'd post for me? Please?

Letsargue

A bit pointless, really, since you wouldn't see it. Now go try to meet the jot and tittle of your understanding and when you're tired from the impossible effort rest by the cross and grace that is sufficient, with the rest of Christendom.

Boy! - You sure did prove me wrong with your GREAT WISDOM AND UNDERSTANDING there. You ought to be a Bishop of a Mormon-Catholic Antichrist Church.

Paul -- 071410

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Boy! - You sure did prove me wrong with your GREAT WISDOM AND UNDERSTANDING there. You ought to be a Bishop of a Mormon-Catholic Antichrist Church.

Paul -- 071410

Lookety here, I'm obviously right BECAUSE YOU CAN SEE HOW MUCH LARGER MY SHOUTING IS THAN YOUR SHOUTING.

Hooooooo-haaaaa!

I don't think there's any point in you assuming an office in your church given redundant personal pronouns aren't actually other people.

:plain:

Thunder's Muse

Hi Thunder Muse!

I hope you are still reading this thread if you have not started embedding your youtube videos yet.

All you have to do, dear, is go back to Momo's post where he gives you an embedded video, ok?

You just quote that post as you actually did already!
Go back and see that quote?

Use it like a form you fill out with what you want.

Paste over the info he has put in those brackets.

Where he had this inside the brackets: "Take this!!!"

You paste another title in those quotes that are in those brackets.

(I think we are supposed to do the actual title given at youtube, however, Momo may not have. He, well, you know... ahem, may be one of TOL's "Brat Pack." :jawdrop: )

Anyway once youdo that go to where he had the identifying code of this: Xwo-lwtwmHA

You paste in the code you want over it.

And you already have pasted the code once, you know!
When you pasted the site address so we could see it here --
the code is after the equal marks up there where you copied from.

Ok? Just start with what he already gave you and the page you want, you can do it.

Oh, Rainee...you are such a sweetie :)

But it's a lost cause, I'm afraid. Technology and I just don't get along...sad but true :)

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Not from everybody, certainly. But there are people on this site that seem to take deliberate action to misunderstand, to antagonize, to insult and strike out. And they claim to have the Lord in them. Are they lying? Are they deluded? Is this what being indwelt with Christ does to some people? Are they having a bad reaction to being saved?

Don't be nicer than God. :plain:

:eek:

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Believers are Christians, and Christians are the Believers. -- Not a bunch of people that hang togerther to support some false doctrine. There is NO Christian Church in your modern world today; NONE. What does it take to get some of you to see that?

All the churches cannot be right with Christ! - Show me JUST ONE that is.

No! I don't worship with false christians!

Paul -- 071210
More proof of my hypothesis that there is a correlation between bizarre threads and belief systems espoused by posters herein and refusal of proper assembly.

AMR

Status
Not open for further replies.