Why is there so much hate and anger and confusion here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Not from everybody, certainly. But there are people on this site that seem to take deliberate action to misunderstand, to antagonize, to insult and strike out. And they claim to have the Lord in them. Are they lying? Are they deluded? Is this what being indwelt with Christ does to some people? Are they having a bad reaction to being saved?
:baby:

OMEGA

:madmad::madmad: STONE THEM ! STONE THEM !

:comeout::comeout: CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG ?

:):):) Let's all give LETSARGUE a great big bear hug.

ps. I'm not Bipolar, I'm Triptophanic.:wazzup:

:crackup::crackup::crackup:You don't have to be CRAZY

to post here but it helps.:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

One Eyed Jack

We're hateful, angry, and confused. It's just the sad state of the human condition, and why we need a Savior to begin with.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Don't waste your time trying to figure it out. There are a few here that seem to think it is the "duty" of Christians to dump on those who are unbelievers and those who are believers but who do not think exactly like they think. Some take their personal theological systems to the extreme that if others do not adhere to their system, they are not Christians and should be dumped on until they leave TOL

Here are a few of the systems that are taken to extreme:

1. Mid Acts Dispensationalists (call themselves MAD) This is a form of hyper-dispensationalism. Look it up on the internet to find out what they believe. Whatever you do, DON'T start a thread on it!
An example of someone who believes this is Saul to Paul. Look up who his friends are on his profile and you will find who agrees with him. Not all of them are nasty to others, but you will figure out pretty quickly which ones are the ones to avoid.

2. Hyper- Calvinists (believe in limited atonement, that is, that God has pre-chosen who will and who will not be saved). Whatever you do, DON'T start a thread to ask about this, either. Go back and look at some old threads with this topic and you will figure it out.
Most of these people are not as vitriolic as the MAD people. Examples are: Nang, Assurance Agent (he's not hyper-Calvinist tho, just a Calvinist), and the guy who has TULIP in his avatar - can't remember his name right now..)

Jehovah's Witnesses (not Christians, but don't tell them that!
Squeaky is one example, and so is Keypurr.

Other: I have not figured out what these people believe as far as a particular theological system. They seem to have their own unique system, and some do not attend church but instead have home churches. If you start a conversation with them you will eventually get attacked. Examples are : Lighthouse, Nick M., Sozo, Elohiym (although I have to say, Elohiym is not as bad as some of them as far as name-calling is concerned), Butterfly, etc. These guys as a group seem to be the worst offenders, save Elohiym, at least, in my personal interactions with them...

In time, you will figure out who adheres to these beliefs and who makes it a habit to attack others. Avoid them and you will have a more pleasant interaction at TOL.

Very astute observation.

BTW: Lighthouse, Nick M, and Butterfly are MADists.

lucy

Are you a friend of Lighthouse?

See what I mean, SOD? You have stirred up a hornet's nest already, and you haven't even asked any theological questions. Take my advice and stay away from these people, believe me, you will find it much more pleasant and informative to stick with those who are level-headed and who do not believe debate is just another excuse to dump garbage on others.

People who profess Christianity that I have found to be level-headed and good discussion "partners" are the following:

Son of Jack
Godrulz
Bybee
Ktoyou
Assurance Agent
Thunder's Muse
Zoo22
PenofaReadyWriter

There are others - these are just a few.
There are some nice Atheists/Agnostics/Others, too. They make me think more about my "automatic" beliefs and inspire me to get into the Scripture to see why I believe what I believe.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
2. Hyper- Calvinists (believe in limited atonement, that is, that God has pre-chosen who will and who will not be saved). Whatever you do, DON'T start a thread to ask about this, either. Go back and look at some old threads with this topic and you will figure it out.
Most of these people are not as vitriolic as the MAD people. Examples are: Nang, Assurance Agent (he's not hyper-Calvinist tho, just a Calvinist), and the guy who has TULIP in his avatar - can't remember his name right now..)
Er, I am that TULIP avatar guy, and am not a hyper-Calvinist.

Some other dude,

The lesson here is to avoid persons who tell you who to avoid especially when they really don't know what they are talking about. :squint:

For your reading enjoyment:
http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63586

AMR

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
A little inventory. I have 33 friends. 17 of them are not "MAD".
That's 51.5% which are not "MAD".

Zeke is an Acts 28 guy, which is like a cousin to MAD (since you both adhere to Bullingerism).

So, you are now back to having a majority of friends that are "MAD". :D

lucy

Nang

TOL Subscriber
The lesson here is to avoid persons who tell you who to avoid especially when they really don't know what they are talking about. :squint:

AMR

Yeah, Lucy tends to be a trouble maker because she does not possess the discernment to evaluate TOL members correctly, let alone does she even remember the identities of those she warns you against.

Pay her no heed . . . Nang and that "tulip guy" are good folk . . .:banana:

Nang

lucy

Yeah, Lucy tends to be a trouble maker because she does not possess the discernment to evaluate TOL members correctly, let alone does she even remember the identities of those she warns you against.

Nang

Like I said, you will find out soon enough who are good conversationalists and who are not.

My definition of a good conversationalist may differ from yours, SOD. I am not trying to tell you who to interact with necessarily, just saying there are some here who are better at conversing than others.

I find it rather amusing that I am labeled as a "trouble maker". I guess that would be a compliment at TOL.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Nang

Hi Nang

Lucy may have mislabeled you and AMR as “hypers”, but I know you can relate to what she has been through on this forum.

Like you, she got the full arsenal from Sozo, John W, Nick M, Lighthouse, Butterfly, and others. I followed many of the threads, and couldn’t believe what some of these guys said to her.

Anyway, I find her and her posts an asset for TOL. You may not like her stance on Calvinism, but you have to admit that Calvinists like Beloved57 do give you guys a black eye at times on TOL.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Hi Nang

Lucy may have mislabeled you and AMR as “hypers”, but I know you can relate to what she has been through on this forum.

Like you, she got the full arsenal from Sozo, John W, Nick M, Lighthouse, Butterfly, and others. I followed many of the threads, and couldn’t believe what some of these guys said to her.

Anyway, I find her and her posts an asset for TOL. You may not like her stance on Calvinism, but you have to admit that Calvinists like Beloved57 do give you guys a black eye at times on TOL.

Beloved57 is not a Calvinist, and Lucy has been hostile and rude.

Nang

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Every few weeks a guy starts a thread about people who call others names and everyone else makes a connection between that and MAD.

Why?

Non-Excluvistic

BANNED
Banned
Not from everybody, certainly. But there are people on this site that seem to take deliberate action to misunderstand, to antagonize, to insult and strike out. And they claim to have the Lord in them. Are they lying? Are they deluded? Is this what being indwelt with Christ does to some people? Are they having a bad reaction to being saved?
It couldn't happen if it wasn't allowed. Just imagine how many have been on the fence about faith and was totally put off after reading a few comments or threads.

MaryContrary

Hall of Fame
Every few weeks a guy starts a thread about people who call others names and everyone else makes a connection between that and MAD.

Why?
I have an idea but there's no way any answer to this question coming from me would be taken seriously....

Status
Not open for further replies.