WHY IS THE HOLY SPIRIT NEVER SEEN IN HEAVEN??

Aner

Ok, since you asked here is what John said, "My little children, I am writing these things to you so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous..." (1 John 2:1)

Does that answer your question?

Hi Jamie

Thanks for the effort - I do not see anything in this text describing the Holy Spirit being in heaven. An example of what I am looking for is when John saw Jesus standing at the right hand of God. Does that make sense?

Best

Greg

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
I do not see anything in this text describing the Holy Spirit being in heaven.

Let's take a look at what John said.

John 14:26 But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.

John defines the "Helper" as the Holy Spirit. Helper is translated from the Greek parakletos ... meaning the parakletos is the Holy Spirit by definition.

I provided 1 John 2:1 which says, "we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous."

Advocate is translated from the Greek word parakletos.

An advocate represents a person who has an accusation against them. The advocate mediates reconciliation between two parties.

We have an Advocate to represent us and to mediate for us.

Paul said, "For there is one God and one Mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus.
(1 Timothy 2:5)

Hebrews 7:25-26 Therefore He is also able to save to the uttermost those who come to God through Him, since He always lives to make intercession for them. For such a High Priest was fitting for us, who is holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners, and has become higher than the heavens.

Helper, Advocate, Mediator, Intercessor, all these terms refer to one person, do you know who he is?
(Hint: Jesus Christ, the Holy Spirit)

Mark M

Hi Jamie

Thanks for the effort - I do not see anything in this text describing the Holy Spirit being in heaven. An example of what I am looking for is when John saw Jesus standing at the right hand of God. Does that make sense?

Best

Greg
Stephen saw

Sent from my Coolpad 3320A using Tapatalk