ECT WHY GRACE IS BEFORE PENTECOST ??

turbosixx

The ‘if’ in the text CANNOT possibly mean that the brethren will lose their salvation ‘if ‘they forget in their brain what Paul preached to them. That being the case then a saved person who has a brain disorder such as Alzheimer’s disease and they do not have in memory the Gospel which Paul declared, then according to the ‘conditional’ security experts the text says the person is lost.

It's an assumption this means forget. I see holding firmly as showing value. If you value the word you will continue to mature and live by it.

turbosixx

Paul tells the Corinthians that the so called ‘brethren’ in the church who are telling everyone “that there is no resurrection of the dead” that they were never saved in the first place because their belief was in vain.

I'll have to look at the context more, but again this is an assumption. He clearly states:
2By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word

Yes, there was some confusion that is why he tells them to hold firm to the word I preached to you. They are saved by the word he taught not what others say. If they believe others then they believed Paul in vain.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It's an assumption this means forget. I see holding firmly as showing value. If you value the word you will continue to mature and live by it.

I have dealt with the OSAS issue for nearly 40 years. I do not see how once saved and sealed by the Spirit anyone can become unsealed/unsaved. I believe God seals us forever. Who can take us out out of the Father's hand.

John 10:27-29 King James Version (KJV)

27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

turbosixx

Thanks for your time in explaining this.

Verse 2 definitely doesn’t mean that there was a condition to keep them saved, but it does say that there is a condition in getting saved. That condition is to believe the gospel according to the scriptures ( vrs 3 & 4 ).

So according to sound doctrine Paul’s Gospel is NOT Conditional as far as keeping salvation! (Taken from Conditional Security refuted by Kevin Rae)

What your telling me doesn't make sense. Just saying it isn't conditional doesn't make it not conditional. You plug any other words in there and you would see it as conditional.

By this rope you are pulled, if you hold firmly to it

turbosixx

I have dealt with the OSAS issue for nearly 40 years. I do not see how once saved and sealed by the Spirit anyone can become unsealed/unsaved. I believe God seals us forever. Who can take us out out of the Father's hand.

John 10:27-29 King James Version (KJV)

27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

I'm new to this OSAS so I want to be sure. Thanks for working with me.

The key is they follow me. I see it like in the garden. Why did God put the tree on knowledge in the middle of the garden by the tree of life?

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'm new to this OSAS so I want to be sure. Thanks for working with me.

The key is they follow me. I see it like in the garden. Why did God put the tree on knowledge in the middle of the garden by the tree of life?

I think the key thought here is choice. He gave us free will to choose.

turbosixx

I think the key thought here is choice. He gave us free will to choose.

That's the way I see it, like Adam in the garden. He had no sin as long as he obeyed God but he had free will. What happened when he chose to follow his will and not God. I see the same for us. In Christ we have no sin but we still have free will. I can follow Christ or follow my flesh. Thankfully we have Christ's blood to cleanse our sins if we repent and confess.

I don't see us losing salvation for each sin but for how we live our life. What we practice. When I read those sent to hell it's always how they lived.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
That's the way I see it, like Adam in the garden. He had no sin as long as he obeyed God but he had free will. What happened when he chose to follow his will and not God. I see the same for us. In Christ we have no sin but we still have free will. I can follow Christ or follow my flesh. Thankfully we have Christ's blood to cleanse our sins if we repent and confess.

I don't see us losing salvation for each sin but for how we live our life. What we practice. When I read those sent to hell it's always how they lived.

I will continue to rely on what John tells us in that no one is able take us out of His hand. Thanks for the dialogue.