ECT Why God sent Paul.

Status
Not open for further replies.

heir

TOL Subscriber
No, I differ in my understanding. That pdf I reposted to you lays out the same view I hold on that passage. Its why I posted it. Just as one of your own asserts something and you post a thumbs up or whatever.
It was posted instead of a direct reply as to "why".

Never mind, heir, I see you answered it, while I was writing my post.

That is one full of holes answer on your part. Feel free to elaborate on it further.
You always say that, but never say why.

And even still you can't lay out "why" sharing YOUR belief. Never specifics. I've come to expect that from you.

Last edited:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
They have an unclean spirit. Anyone who has an unclean spirit cannot have the Holy Spirit.

That isn't what it says. I know what Mark says.

Matthew 12:32

32 Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come.

Whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit it will not be forgiven. It will not be forgiven. It doesn't say will not be forgiven until the unclean spirit is gone. Not there, not in Mark. Nor is it implied.

SaulToPaul 2

Whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit it will not be forgiven. It will not be forgiven. It doesn't say will not be forgiven until the unclean spirit is gone. Not there, not in Mark. Nor is it implied.

Indeed.

And, Saul did.

Acts 26
10 Which thing I also did in Jerusalem: and many of the saints did I shut up in prison, having received authority from the chief priests; and when they were put to death, I gave my voice against them.

achduke

Indeed.

And, Saul did.

Acts 26
10 Which thing I also did in Jerusalem: and many of the saints did I shut up in prison, having received authority from the chief priests; and when they were put to death, I gave my voice against them.
So are you saying Paul was not forgiven because we know he was. He also obviously had the Holy Spirit.

SaulToPaul 2

So are you saying Paul was not forgiven because we know he was. He also obviously had the Holy Spirit.

Paul was indeed saved!

But he was not saved in "that world" or the "the world to come".

But rather a different dispensation that had before been a mystery.

achduke

Paul was indeed saved!

I do not buy it. Mark 3:28-31 says that those committing blasphemy against the Holy Spirit have an unclean spirit. This is the same passage that is referred to in Matthew 12:31-32.

Obviously since Paul had the Holy Spirit He did not have a unclean spirit or if he did it was cast out of him when the scales fell from his eyes.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
I do not buy it. Mark 3:28-31 says that those committing blasphemy against the Holy Spirit have an unclean spirit.

No, it doesn't.
It says that the Scribes and Pharisees were saying that the Lord Jesus had an unclean spirit, when they accused Him of casting out devils by the power of Beelzebub.

This is the same passage that is referred to in Matthew 12:31-32.

Yes, same event.

Obviously since Paul had the Holy Spirit He did not have a unclean spirit or if he did it was cast out of him when the scales fell from his eyes.

Saul didn't have the Holy Spirit at the stoning of Stephen.

achduke

No, it doesn't.
It says that the Scribes and Pharisees were saying that the Lord Jesus had an unclean spirit, when they accused Him of casting out devils by the power of Beelzebub.

Yes, same event.

Point taken. I see now that the they is the Pharisees. Still just the same.

Mark 3:29 But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation:

Matthew 12:31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.

Mark 3:29 makes is sound that they may be in danger and Matthew
12:31 makes it sound as if there is no chance of redemption.

Saul didn't have the Holy Spirit at the stoning of Stephen.
I understand this. He did not have it until he was baptized.

So answer me this. So Did Paul commit blasphemy or blasphemy of the Holy Spirit?

achduke

I showed you earlier where he spoke against the Holy Ghost.

So are you equating Acts 26:10 as Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit?

Strongs G988 blasphēmia slander, detraction, speech injurious, to another's good name.

Paul did commit Blasphemy against many but did he commit blasphemy against the Holy Spirit?

Acts 26:10 Which thing I also did in Jerusalem: and many of the saints did I shut up in prison, having received authority from the chief priests; and when they were put to death, I gave my voice against them.

SaulToPaul 2

So are you equating Acts 26:10 as Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit?

Strongs G988 blasphēmia slander, detraction, speech injurious, to another's good name.

Paul did commit Blasphemy against many but did he commit blasphemy against the Holy Spirit?

What/Who were they filled with?

achduke

Paul spoke against the Holy Ghost when he gave his voice against those who were filled with the Holy Ghost.

I do not see these as the same. In Mark 3 and Matthew 12 The pharisees were attacking the Holy Spirit directly.

Mark 3:22 And the scribes which came down from Jerusalem said, He hath Beelzebub, and by the prince of the devils casteth he out devils.

Matthew 12:24 But when the Pharisees heard it, they said, This fellow doth not cast out devils, but by Beelzebub the prince of the devils.

We all know that Jesus had the Holy Spirit in him.

Luke 3:22 And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him, and a voice came from heaven, which said, Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased.

The Pharisees saying that Jesus was doing this by using Beelzebub were ineffect calling the Holy Spirit Beelzsebub. This is not true! Beelzsebub is a devil and the Holy Spirit of God is Holy!

Right Divider

Body part
Paul was indeed saved!

Col 2:16-17 KJV Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days: (17) Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

Status
Not open for further replies.