Why God Is No Respecter Of Anyone's Person

Robert Pate

Banned
Peter: "Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons" Acts 10:34.

Paul: "For there is no respect of persons with God" Romans 2:11.

Paul: "God accepts no man's person" Galatians 2:6.

Paul: "Neither is there respect of persons with him" (God) Ephesians 6:9.

Moses: "A mighty and terrible God, who does not regard persons" Deuteronomy 10:17.

Ezra: "There is no iniquity with the Lord our God, nor respect of persons" 2 Chronicles 19:7.

If God was a respecter of persons he would be divisive and unjust. Calvinist Canons of Dort. First head: Article 10. "God was pleased out of the common mass of sinners to adopt SOME CERTAIN PERSONS as a peculiar people to himself".

The Pharisees also thought that they were one of those "Some Certain Persons". In the 23rd chapter of Matthew Jesus called them, blind guides, fools, whited sepulchers, snakes, hypocrites. The Pharisees saw the Jews that were not Pharisees as worthless.

In the Gospel God chose all of humanity in Jesus Christ. The book of Ephesians was written to Christians that had already accepted Jesus as their savior. Paul wrote, "According as he has chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in Love" Ephesians 1:4. Paul was not telling them how to be saved. He was telling them the spiritual blessings of being saved. We become holy and without blame by hearing and believing the Gospel. God seals us with the Holy Spirit and places us "In Christ" Ephesians 1:13. We are then complete "In Christ" Colossians 2:10.

Jesus has provided salvation for EVERYONE, Hebrews 2:9. Everyone has the ability to hear and believe the Gospel and be saved. The apostle Paul traveled over 10,000 miles by donkey, ship and by foot preaching the Gospel that justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5 and reconciles us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19. Salvation has always been by grace through faith, Ephesians 2:8.

Robert Pate

Banned
All that God does he does corporately. Example: "God so loved the world" John 3:16. God so loved the world that he provided salvation for the whole world, Hebrews 2:9. Jesus is the international savior. Calvinist do great harm to God and his Son Jesus Christ when they say that Jesus only atoned for the sins of "Some certain persons" why would he do that? Why would he exclude tens of billions of people? All false religions have one thing in common, they all make God out to be a villain. Does this sound like God is a Villain? "The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is long-suffering towards us, not willing that any should perish" 2 Peter 3:9.

Right Divider

Body part
All that God does he does corporately.
Nonsense. God will judge us all individually as well. So, NO, not ALL that God does He does corporately.
Rom 14:10 (AKJV/PCE)
(14:10) But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.
That is NOT a "corporate judgment". And neither is this:
Heb 9:27 (AKJV/PCE)
(9:27) And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

Robert Pate

Banned
Nonsense. God will judge us all individually as well. So, NO, not ALL that God does He does corporately.

That is NOT a "corporate judgment". And neither is this:
Salvation is corporately, because Jesus died for the sins of the whole world, 1 John 2:2. This is what I was talking about. Of course we will be judged independently.

Right Divider

Body part
Salvation is corporately, because Jesus died for the sins of the whole world, 1 John 2:2.
And yet the whole world will not be saved.

Everyone receives salvation (i.e., eternal life) individually. We are "in Christ" together, no doubt.
This is what I was talking about. Of course we will be judged independently.
Then you should stop making these sorts of overly broad statements.
All that God does he does corporately.

Robert Pate

Banned
And yet the whole world will not be saved.

Everyone receives salvation (i.e., eternal life) individually. We are "in Christ" together, no doubt.

Then you should stop making these sorts of overly broad statements.
My statement that all that God does he does corporately is correct and is biblical.

"God was in Christ reconciling the world unto himself" 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19.

As far as God is concerned sin, death and the devil have been defeated and Jesus now sits in heaven as... "The King of Kings and the Lord of Lords" Revelation 19:16.

What you do with this information has no bearing on what God has ALREADY done in Jesus Christ.

Robert Pate

Banned
Question:

Can God work with individuals?
All that come to Christ as repentant sinners to be saved by him are given the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is God's mark of ownership. The Holy Spirit is also known as the Spirit of truth. It is the work of the Holy Spirit to reveal the Gospel to us. Jesus said, "Howbeit when he the Spirit of truth is come, (He came into the world on the day of Pentecost, Acts 2:1-13.) he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself (nor will one that posses the Spirit) but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will show you things to come. He shall Glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall show it unto you" John 16:13,14.

Whatever good that comes out of the Christians life is of God.

"For we are HIS workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God has ordained that we should walk in them" Ephesians 2:10.

We are to be witnesses for Christ and his Gospel. On the day of Pentecost the apostles went everywhere preaching Jesus. The results of the preaching of the Gospel was that 8,000 were saved, Acts 2:41 also Acts 4:4. It is the Gospel that brings the convicting power of the Holy Spirit that brings people to Christ.

Right Divider

Body part
We are to be witnesses for Christ and his Gospel. On the day of Pentecost the apostles went everywhere preaching Jesus.
And yet, on that day of Pentecost, the 12 did NOT know the gospel of the grace of God.
You admitted that before... have you forgotten?
The results of the preaching of the Gospel was that 8,000 were saved, Acts 2:41 also Acts 4:4. It is the Gospel that brings the convicting power of the Holy Spirit that brings people to Christ.
The "gospel" that they preached that day (the gospel of the kingdom) is NOT the gospel that will save anyone today.

Peter did NOT preach the cross as GOOD NEWS (i.e., gospel) that day. Peter preached it as a murder weapon and as a shame to Israel for what they had done to their King.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
All that come to Christ as repentant sinners to be saved by him are given the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is God's mark of ownership. The Holy Spirit is also known as the Spirit of truth. It is the work of the Holy Spirit to reveal the Gospel to us. Jesus said, "Howbeit when he the Spirit of truth is come, (He came into the world on the day of Pentecost, Acts 2:1-13.) he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself (nor will one that posses the Spirit) but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will show you things to come. He shall Glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall show it unto you" John 16:13,14.

Whatever good that comes out of the Christians life is of God.

"For we are HIS workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God has ordained that we should walk in them" Ephesians 2:10.

We are to be witnesses for Christ and his Gospel. On the day of Pentecost the apostles went everywhere preaching Jesus. The results of the preaching of the Gospel was that 8,000 were saved, Acts 2:41 also Acts 4:4. It is the Gospel that brings the convicting power of the Holy Spirit that brings people to Christ.

I see you didn't answer my question. Would you please answer the question I asked?

Here it is again:

Robert Pate

Banned
I see you didn't answer my question. Would you please answer the question I asked?

Here it is again:

I answered your question in post #9.
And yet, on that day of Pentecost, the 12 did NOT know the gospel of the grace of God.
You admitted that before... have you forgotten?

The "gospel" that they preached that day (the gospel of the kingdom) is NOT the gospel that will save anyone today.

Peter did NOT preach the cross as GOOD NEWS (i.e., gospel) that day. Peter preached it as a murder weapon and as a shame to Israel for what they had done to their King.
We are not really sure exactly what Peter preached. Regardless, those that were there heard about the "Wonderful works of God" Acts 2:11. Which was the Gospel. It was the Gospel because those that heard it and believed it received the Holy Spirit, Acts 2:17.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I answered your question in post #9.

It was a yes or no question, Robert.

I see neither a yes nor a no in your entire post.

So again, yes or no:

Right Divider

Body part
We are not really sure exactly what Peter preached.
You quote a couple of verses from the book of Acts, but ignore the rest of the book?
Regardless, those that were there heard about the "Wonderful works of God" Acts 2:11. Which was the Gospel.
You have blinders on. You see whatever you want to see.
It was the Gospel because those that heard it and believed it received the Holy Spirit, Acts 2:17.
There many gospels in the Bible.

You will not listen to plain truth.

Robert Pate

Banned
You quote a couple of verses from the book of Acts, but ignore the rest of the book?

You have blinders on. You see whatever you want to see.

There many gospels in the Bible.

You will not listen to plain truth.
There is only one Gospel that justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5 and reconciles them and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19.

Paul warns of people who preach "Another Gospel" Galatians 1:6-10.

What are your other Gospels?

Right Divider

Body part
There is only one Gospel that justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5 and reconciles them and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19.
And Peter did NOT preach that gospel on that day of Pentecost.
Paul warns of people who preach "Another Gospel" Galatians 1:6-10.
And you do not even know what "another gospel" that Paul was talking about.
Paul also said that it was "not another".
Gal 1:6-7 (AKJV/PCE)
(1:6) I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel: (1:7) Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.
If you want learn more about the details of that passage, please read this: https://theologyonline.com/threads/another-gospel-in-galatians-1.52439/
What are your other Gospels?
I don't have "other gospels". But the Bible mentions quite a few gospels. Examples: the gospel of the kingdom; the gospel of the grace of God.

P.S. I can always tell a confused person when they feel the need to capitalize the word "gospel".

Robert Pate

Banned
And Peter did NOT preach that gospel on that day of Pentecost.

And you do not even know what "another gospel" that Paul was talking about.
Paul also said that it was "not another".

If you want learn more about the details of that passage, please read this: https://theologyonline.com/threads/another-gospel-in-galatians-1.52439/

I don't have "other gospels". But the Bible mentions quite a few gospels. Examples: the gospel of the kingdom; the gospel of the grace of God.

P.S. I can always tell a confused person when they feel the need to capitalize the word "gospel".
The word "Gospel" should be capitalized because it is the power of God unto salvation, Romans 1:16.

No Gospel, no salvation. The Gospel is the means by which Jesus justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5 and reconciles them and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19. It is the most important word in the Bible.

Right Divider

Body part
The word "Gospel" should be capitalized because it is the power of God unto salvation, Romans 1:16.
And yet no Bible translation does that. That verse refers to ONE of the gospels (PLURAL) in the Bible.
No Gospel, no salvation. The Gospel is the means by which Jesus justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5 and reconciles them and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19. It is the most important word in the Bible.
No, the most important word in the Bible is JESUS (or GOD).

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber