Why God Does NOT Impose Salvation On Anyone

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Excellent question!

But it's a question Paul answers.

For we are His workmanship created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them. (Ephesians 2:10 NKJV)​

We are given salvation so we can do good works through Christ.

beloved57

I speak the truth! You believe that your god does things that are unjust, by any definition of the word. You don't even deny it!

I reject that god and even you believe and state plainly that I cannot do otherwise because god said I can't. So why should I worry about a judgment I can do nothing about?

You don't believe or speak the truth!

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
But aren’t there different beliefs and interpretations of truth always found on TOL?

If you cannot stand scrutiny or questions you probably should not be here, should you?

Last edited:

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
But it's a question Paul answers.

For we are His workmanship created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them. (Ephesians 2:10 NKJV)​

We are given salvation so we can do good works through Christ.
Yes! I'm resting IN HIM!

The key phrase in the verse you cite is "in Christ Jesus"

Galatians 2:20 I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.​

The point being that you cannot live the Christian life, only God can. We are identified in Christ and are righteous by virtue of that biblical fact. We are not righteous because of what we do. It is not for us to do but to be. The extent to which we do rightly is directly proportional to the extent to which we believe that we are righteous in Him. Good works do NOT come by effort but by faith.

Colossians 3:3 For you died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God.

An excerpt from the book I linked to earlier...

"To ‘hope to be better’ [hence acceptable] is to fail to see yourself in Christ only.

"To be disappointed with yourself, is to have believed in yourself.

"To be proud, is to be blind! For we have no standing before God, in ourselves.

"The lack of Divine blessing, therefore, comes from unbelief, and not from failure of devotion…

"To preach devotion first, and blessing second, is to reverse God’s order, and preach law, not grace. The Law made man’s blessing depend on devotion; Grace confers undeserved, unconditional blessing: our devotion may follow, but does not always do so,—in proper measure."​

Resting in Him,
Clete

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber

Saying it doesn't make it so, b57!

Besides! You don't even deny a word I've said!

I swear, I honestly do not understand how this man brain keeps even his autonomic biological systems running! :kookoo:

beloved57

Saying it doesn't make it so, b57!

Besides! You don't even deny a word I've said!

I swear, I honestly do not understand how this man brain keeps even his autonomic biological systems running! :kookoo:

Just because you quote a scripture doesn't mean you understand it and believe it, for you don't even believe the truth of the Gospel,Tulip !

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Yes! I'm resting IN HIM!

Too bad, Paul told the Thessalonian congregation, "For even when we were with you we commanded you this: If anyone will not work neither shall he eat."

Paul also wrote, "For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them."

Jesus said, "For the Son of Man will come in the glory of His Father with His angels and then He will reward each according to his works." (Matthew 16:27 NKJV)

The Spirit said, "Write: ‘Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord from now on.’ "

"Yes," says the Spirit, "that they may rest from their labors and their works follow them." (Revelation 14:13 NKJV)

Did Paul rest or work?

musterion

Just because you quote a scripture doesn't mean you understand it and believe it, for you don't even believe the truth of the Gospel,Tulip !

I've had you on Ignore for so long that I never noticed you call yourself "other." Why is that and what does it mean?

musterion

Did Paul rest or work?

For salvation? He rested in Christ for all the work was done by Him.

For service? He worked like a slave, for he was His slave.

The reason you can't see the difference is because of the false gospels of work salvation that you and most others here have believed.

beloved57

I've had you on Ignore for so long that I never noticed you call yourself "other." Why is that and what does it mean?

If you don't know,you will find out at the Judgment, I'm not here to discuss stuff like that, but to Preach and Defend the Gospel which you don't believe!

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The reason you can't see the difference is because of the false gospels of work salvation...

Grace salvation is not for spiritual retirement.

This is a day of salvation not the day of rest which we are to put forth effort to enter into.

For he who has entered His rest has himself also ceased from his works as God did from His. (Hebrews 4:10 NKJV)

And on the seventh day God ended His work which He had done and He rested on the seventh day from all His work which He had done. (Genesis 2:2 NKJV)​

There remains therefore a Sabbath to the people of God.

False Prophet

John Calvin:
“we ought indeed to entertain for the Word of God, that we ought not to pervert it in the least degree by varying expositions; for its majesty is diminished, I know not how much, especially when not expounded with great discretion and with great sobriety. And if it be deemed a great wickedness to contaminate any thing that is dedicated to God, he surely cannot be endured, who, with impure, or even with unprepared hands, will handle that very thing, which of all things is the most sacred on earth. It is therefore an audacity, closely allied to a sacrilege, rashly to turn Scripture in any way we please, and to indulge our fancies as in sport; which has been done by many in former times” (English Translation, Grand Rapids, 1947, p. 27).

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Too bad, Paul told the Thessalonian congregation, "For even when we were with you we commanded you this: If anyone will not work neither shall he eat."
This is not the same subject. He's saying that if you're lazy you aught to be hungry. He's saying that you aught to have a job and earn your food. This is not talking about salvation nor sanctification at all.

Paul also wrote, "For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them."
Yes, I addressed this already. "in Christ Jesus" is the key phrase.

Jesus said, "For the Son of Man will come in the glory of His Father with His angels and then He will reward each according to his works." (Matthew 16:27 NKJV)
This is Jesus, speaking as a Jew to the Jews under law. This is not part of the gospel of grace which was given to and through the Apostle Paul.

Galatians 1:11 But I make known to you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached by me is not according to man. 12 For I neither received it from man, nor was I taught it, but it came through the revelation of Jesus Christ.

Galatians 2:9 and when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that had been given to me, they gave me and Barnabas the right hand of fellowship, that we should go to the Gentiles and they to the circumcised.​

The Spirit said, "Write: ‘Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord from now on.’ "

"Yes," says the Spirit, "that they may rest from their labors and their works follow them." (Revelation 14:13 NKJV)

Did Paul rest or work?
Revelation is also a book about Israel under the law but setting that aside, I don't follow your point here.

A simple word search for "works", "labor", "die" or "dead" or whatever it is that you did, isn't going to cut it. I know precisely what I believe and why I believe it. If you think your hack job is going to be persuasive, your mistaken. If you don't understand what I believe and want to ask questions then I'm happy to answer them but don't waste my time and insult my intelligence with superficial proof-texting.

Resting in Him,
Clete