ECT why don't you say the Our Father?

john w

Hall of Fame
here is an opportunity to explain why you don't say the Lord's prayer

why wouldn't you welcome that chance?

Here is your opportunity to explain why you are drunk, not reading/seeing my post. I'll slow it down for you. As I stated:

For the same reason, members of the body of Christ do not, should not, obey the following scriptural commands/directives, and hundreds of others:

Mark 1:44 KJV And saith unto him, See thou say nothing to any man: but go thy way, shew thyself to the priest, and offer for thy cleansing those things which Moses commanded, for a testimony unto them.

Luke 18:22 KJV Now when Jesus heard these things, he said unto him, Yet lackest thou one thing: sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me.

Matthew 16:20 KJV Then charged he his disciples that they should tell no man that he was Jesus the Christ.

I know that's pretty deep....Take a deep breath...Or grow a brain, Scarecrow.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Here is your opportunity to explain why you are drunk, not reading/seeing my post. I'll slow it down for you. As I stated:

For the same reason, members of the body of Christ do not, should not, obey the following scriptural commands/directives, and hundreds of others:

Mark 1:44 KJV And saith unto him, See thou say nothing to any man: but go thy way, shew thyself to the priest, and offer for thy cleansing those things which Moses commanded, for a testimony unto them.

Luke 18:22 KJV Now when Jesus heard these things, he said unto him, Yet lackest thou one thing: sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me.

Matthew 16:20 KJV Then charged he his disciples that they should tell no man that he was Jesus the Christ.

I know that's pretty deep....Take a deep breath...Or grow a brain, Scarecrow.

that doesn't make sense
but
you already gave me the reason why you don't say the Lord's prayer

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Don't change the subject, ok?
If you can see patterns at all you might clearly recognize that the "father" Jesus referred to was the Father in Heaven, not the head of the first-century dysfunctional family.

Some folks just don't think this way; I am not surprised that you immediately focused on an imagined contradiction with the title of the thread.

I have too often done the same thing.

Let's sum it up by noting that any pastor who preaches the Lord's Prayer and then later alludes to a God who demands the death of his own Son for the remission of sins is engaging in an unwitting contradiction between Jesus and the theology of his later followers.

john w

Hall of Fame
that doesn't make sense
but
you already gave me the reason why you don't say the Lord's prayer

I revised it for you:

"that doesn't make sense to me"-you

You are drunk:

"here is an opportunity to explain why you don't say the Lord's prayer

why wouldn't you welcome that chance?"-you, on your last post, before this one

Vs.

"you already gave me the reason why you don't say the Lord's prayer"-your last post

Sober up.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Fine. Explain why you do not:

-"shew thyself to the priest, and offer for thy cleansing those things which Moses commanded,".

-"sell all that thou hast,"

-"tell no man that he was Jesus the Christ."

as roberts would say

those statements are ambiguous
and
the context for them should be whole bible

Cross Reference

do you say the Lord's prayer?

The Lords prayer is an example, only an example, of how we ought to pray.

1. Our acknowledgement that God is our Father followed by 2. a further acknowledgement of His Supremacy over all in Heaven and Earth and His desire to fill all mankind with Himself and then 3. The presentation of our petitions with the knowing His response is conditional upon our obediance. The end of the prayer is followed our worshipping Him for simply Who He is. You recite it as some legalistic ritual that brings a blessing when there can be no blessing unless you are of the Father.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
The Lords prayer is an example, only an example, of how we ought to pray.

1. Our acknowledgement that God is our Father followed by 2. a further acknowledgement of His Supremacy over all in Heaven and Earth and His desire to fill all mankind with Himself and then 3. The presentation of our petitions with the knowing His response is conditional upon our obediance. The end of the prayer is followed our worshipping Him for simply Who He is. You recite it as some legalistic ritual that brings a blessing when there can be no blessing unless you are of the Father.

but the question is
do you say the Lord's prayer?
why can't you answer that with a yes or a no?

I will have to assume you don't

would you be willing to say why?

Cross Reference

If you can see patterns at all you might clearly recognize that the "father" Jesus referred to was the Father in Heaven, not the head of the first-century dysfunctional family.

And I answered as to say we all know that so, "why change the subject" like we might be led astray and you need to protect us with your clarification?