• This is a new section being rolled out to attract people interested in exploring the origins of the universe and the earth from a biblical perspective. Debate is encouraged and opposing viewpoints are welcome to post but certain rules must be followed. 1. No abusive tagging - if abusive tags are found - they will be deleted and disabled by the Admin team 2. No calling the biblical accounts a fable - fairy tale ect. This is a Christian site, so members that participate here must be respectful in their disagreement.

Why don't creationists publish?

chair

Geocentrism "worked" as well. :idunno:

With enough epicycles, predicting the positions of the planets was more accurate than doing so using a nascent heliocentric model.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

...And yet the Heliocentric model turned out to be right.

When something better than Quantum Mechanics and Relativity turns up, the theories will be replaced or modified. It hasn't happened yet.

What is it in Modern Physics that bothers you so much? Is there some theological problem there?

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
...And yet the Heliocentric model turned out to be right.
Sure. And something might come along to replace relativity.

When something better than Quantum Mechanics and Relativity turns up, the theories will be replaced or modified. It hasn't happened yet.
Some say it has. :idunno:

For example, the conversation I was having with Red shows that there are problems with Einstein's work. My source for that involves a replacement theory.

What is it in Modern Physics that bothers you so much? Is there some theological problem there?
Logic problem. I'm not comfortable swallowing "counterintuitive" explanations when there is plenty of scope for our understanding to expand. How much do we know about quantum stuff? One percent? Less? It seems to me rather presumptuous to insist that current theories have a lock on explanatory power, especially when they are celebrated for overturning logic. That should be an automatic prompt to look for something better.

chair

Logic problem. I'm not comfortable swallowing "counterintuitive" explanations when there is plenty of scope for our understanding to expand. How much do we know about quantum stuff? One percent? Less? It seems to me rather presumptuous to insist that current theories have a lock on explanatory power, especially when they are celebrated for overturning logic. That should be an automatic prompt to look for something better.

Nobody is insisting that they have a "lock" on explanatory power. And they are logical- just not intuitive. That isn't surprising, since our intuition is built in the Newtonian world, not in the micro or cosmic worlds. Our intuition fails when faced with those.

Classical mechanics doesn't explain the world completely. Modern Physics does it far better.

chair

For example, the conversation I was having with Red shows that there are problems with Einstein's work. My source for that involves a replacement theory....

As far as I can tell, it shows that you think there is a problem. That in itself doesn't mean there is a problem.
What is that replacement theory? If I missed the quote or link, please provide it again (if you brush me off with your usual, I will take it as meaning that there was no such replacement theory).

Thanks in advance!

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Nobody is insisting that they have a "lock" on explanatory power.
There is an automatic resistance that arises to anyone who dares question Einstein.

As far as I can tell, it shows that you think there is a problem. That in itself doesn't mean there is a problem.
:rolleyes:

What is that replacement theory?
Did you read the conversation?

If I missed the quote or link, please provide it again.
Signature.

(if you brush me off with your usual, I will take it as meaning that there was no such replacement theory).
:yawn:

Thanks in advance!
You're welcome.

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
For example, the conversation I was having with Red shows that there are problems with Einstein's work. My source for that involves a replacement theory.
Yet all the experimental work that has been since Einstein put his theories forward have ended up supporting his theories. While there may have been some problems with his work while developing his hypothesis, the scientific research has supported his work over and over. If there are so many problems with Einstein's work, why does experiment after experiment work as Einstein predicted?

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yet all the experimental work that has been since Einstein put his theories forward have ended up supporting his theories. While there may have been some problems with his work while developing his hypothesis, the scientific research has supported his work over and over. If there are so many problems with Einstein's work, why does experiment after experiment work as Einstein predicted?

Asked and answered. Numerous times.

Here it is again:

Relativity provides useful results. Incorrect models can do that.

When will you learn that a mathematical model that provides good results does not mean the model is a perfect fit to reality?

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
Asked and answered. Numerous times.

Here it is again:

Relativity provides useful results. Incorrect models can do that.

When will you learn that a mathematical model that provides good results does not mean the model is a perfect fit to reality?

What do you want a model to do? Many of your models are terrible fits with reality and don't provide much in the way of useful information. Einstein's work gives us a model that works very to make predictions that we can use everyday in fields from engineering to theoretical physics. Isn't that what a mathematical model should do?

genuineoriginal

Quantum Mechanics and Relativity are scientific theories that work. They are counter-intuitive, but they work.

All of us use the effects of these theories constantly.
Quantum Mechanics and Newtonian Physics definitely work.

Special Relativity appears to work, but as scientists keep increasing their knowledge, there will come a time when it will need to be rewritten to get rid of the errors.
That will be very difficult to do because of the false information that has spread that claims that time slows down and mass increases when a particle is accelerated to the speed of light.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What do you want a model to do? Many of your models are terrible fits with reality and don't provide much in the way of useful information. Einstein's work gives us a model that works very to make predictions that we can use everyday in fields from engineering to theoretical physics. Isn't that what a mathematical model should do?

Yes, let's just shut off our minds and sell our souls to Einstein. :rolleyes:

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
Quantum Mechanics and Newtonian Physics definitely work.

Special Relativity appears to work, but as scientists keep increasing their knowledge, there will come a time when it will need to be rewritten to get rid of the errors.
That will be very difficult to do because of the false information that has spread that claims that time slows down and mass increases when a particle is accelerated to the speed of light.

So time does not slow down nor particle mass increase when moving close to the speed of light? Citation to the literature please

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
So time does not slow down nor particle mass increase when moving close to the speed of light? Citation to the literature please
So you think that clocks are time?

If you have one of those old wind-up alarm clocks and send it towards a black hole, is time being affected? Or is it just the clock?

chair

There is an automatic resistance that arises to anyone who dares question Einstein.

:rolleyes:

Did you read the conversation?

Signature.

:yawn:

You're welcome.

There is nothing in Christianity that precludes politeness or just plain being nice.

I guess you are a natural jerk.

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
There is nothing in Christianity that precludes politeness or just plain being nice.

I guess you are a natural jerk.

ya think? But Stripo wont get punished for that. He is one of the favored ones. He can call people names with impunity.