Why do border crossings exsist?

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
So, they didn't apprehend 600 in the last two days?
How many did they apprehend?

I don't know.

But if Breitbart told me that the grass is green and the sky is blue, I'd have to look outside and check for myself. Ditto for Fox News.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I don't know.

But if Breitbart told me that the grass is green and the sky is blue, I'd have to look outside and check for myself. Ditto for Fox News.
Sound's like someone needs a reality check...

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I agree. Right wing idiots

Now, now, be nice... or you'll get the boot from Sherman.

need a reality check.

Pretty sure it's the right wingers who have a better grasp on reality than the lefties...

"They" being the lefties...

would get this reality check if they stopped relying on fake news sources.

So what source would you consider to be a "non-fake" news source?

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
So what source would you consider to be a "non-fake" news source?

Sources that don't consistently get ripped to shreds by independent fact checkers.

Which is why stupid right wingers don't like fact checkers.

Because delusional, stupid right wingers only consult fake news sources.

fool

Hall of Fame
I don't know.
So you don't know how many they apprehended but you know it wasn't 600?
That's a very peculiar type of knowledge you have there.
Let's start small, Did they apprehend any body in the last two days?
Spin doctors spin that's for sure.
But we're not talking about spin, we're talking about how many people were apprehended at the border in the last two days. That should be a number. A number we can agree upon as being the number of people apprehended.

Spin would be "what that number means". We haven't got there yet. You and I need to first establish how many people were apprehended at the border.

fool

Hall of Fame
Sources that don't consistently get ripped to shreds by independent fact checkers.
So how many got apprehended?
Which is why stupid right wingers don't like fact checkers.
I love fact checkers when they check facts.
Because delusional, stupid right wingers only consult fake news sources.
Where's the best source you have for how many people were apprehended at the border?

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
... such as???

Do you have any examples? Or are you just full of hot air?

Corporate television news is universally terrible, though some worse than others. Fox News is outright Republican propaganda. MSNBC is propaganda for the Hillary Clinton wing of the Democratic party, but usually much more factually accurate than Fox News. CNN is, again, factually more accurate than Fox News, but suffers from a bias towards sensationalism. All of these corporate television news outlets are massively biased towards corporate, establishment interests.

When you look at online/print outlets, it gets much better, but you still have to be wary of right wing propaganda funded by and serving the interests of rich right wing donors.

The Hill, Washington Post, Huffington Post, NPR, etc. tend to be fine.

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
And obviously, suffice to say, Alex Jones as a crazy conspiracy theorist. Infowars is the fakest of fake news.

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
Another trick that right wing propagandists like to use is having right-wing funded (often funded by the Koch brothers) paid shills writing "opinion" articles in otherwise reputable news outlets. This is the trick that they consistently pull when spreading lies/conspiracy theories about climate change.

fool

Hall of Fame
Corporate television news is universally terrible, though some worse than others. Fox News is outright Republican propaganda. MSNBC is propaganda for the Hillary Clinton wing of the Democratic party,
I agree with that statement.

but usually much more factually accurate than Fox News. CNN is, again, factually more accurate than Fox News, but suffers from a bias towards sensationalism. All of these corporate television news outlets are massively biased towards corporate, establishment interests.
The comment sections are where I take the pulse.
Foxnews comment section are a right wing circlejerk. CNN doesn't have comments anymore except for maybe some opinion pieces. But when they do it's a leftwing circle jerk. I check those two sites and then head to abc where the article might have a slant but there's a good mix in the comments on both sides.

When you look at online/print outlets, it gets much better, but you still have to be wary of right wing propaganda funded by and serving the interests of rich right wing donors.
Or rich left wing donors.
The Hill, Washington Post, Huffington Post, NPR, etc. tend to be fine.
Nobody is "Fine". They all have an agenda.