Why did Dish drop FOX News?

Daniel1611

Why do you want to watch "conservative news?" I want to watch news that tells the truth about important things. The truth isn't conservative or liberal. It just is. The news stations all lie so much and ignore or hide important stories that you can't trust any of them.

Caledvwlch

TV providers and networks fight over money. Dish Network probably blacked out all of Fox's networks over the price of a bundle of some kind; maybe they didn't like the fees they were going to have to pay for FXX or something.

republicanchick

Why do you want to watch "conservative news?" I want to watch news that tells the truth about important things. The truth isn't conservative or liberal. It just is. The news stations all lie so much and ignore or hide important stories that you can't trust any of them.

I was going to answer to this (and I knew someone would bring this up), but I see you have answered yourself with the last line

The news stations all lie so much and ignore or hide important stories that you can't trust any of them

That said, Fox speaks the truth

Admittedly they may leave certain parts out? God knows... I haven't seen much evidence of that, but even if so, that is not the same as LYING and making up stuff... Rolling Stone... rape "case"... Does that ring a bell? Tawana Brawley?)

++

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It's news conservatively slanted.

No it isn't. They are a mix of liberals and conservatives. Liberals being made up of RINOs and demoncrats. And there is no such thing as "conservative news" nor "liberal news".

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
what does this have to do with putting the environment over people?

Perhaps it has to do with your illogical statement ...

Being aware of and wishing to take care of the environment is similar to a parent keeping their home and surroundings clean for their children.

Daniel1611

what does this have to do with putting the environment over people?

I think he's asking you how the protecting the environment is not protecting people. You are aware that trees make the oxygen we breath, we need water to drink and we need the animals to balance nature, right?

Why are Republicans hell-bent on destroying God's creation? It's like they want to go out of their way. "Look, a tree! Kill it!!!!"
God put the plants and animals here because we need them to balance nature so we can live.

republicanchick

No it isn't. They are a mix of liberals and conservatives. Liberals being made up of RINOs and demoncrats. And there is no such thing as "conservative news" nor "liberal news".

absolutely speaking, that is true. I shouldn't have worded things that way. But I would (let's put it this way) rather listen to a conservative tell the news, along with commentary, than a lib. I would rather be ignorant, I believe... than watch lib news, although sometimes I watch CNN, when I can't watch Fox or when Fox is on commercial break.

if you are going to be brainwashed, be brainwashed (so called) for the side of right

-

Caledvwlch

I think he's asking you how the protecting the environment is not protecting people. You are aware that trees make the oxygen we breath, we need water to drink and we need the animals to balance nature, right?

Why are Republicans hell-bent on destroying God's creation? It's like they want to go out of their way. "Look, a tree! Kill it!!!!"
God put the plants and animals here because we need them to balance nature so we can live.

That's more or less what I was getting at. If we don't take care of the environment, we won't be able to feed ourselves.

But back to the topic of the thread: I don't believe there is anything political in the Fox vs. Dish battle. It's just money. Just like it was when Dish blacked out CBS. Dish is the little guy here, and they're just going to have to roll over or start hemorrhaging subscribers to DirecTV and cable.

Caledvwlch

absolutely speaking, that is true. I shouldn't have worded things that way. But I would (let's put it this way) rather listen to a conservative tell the news, along with commentary, than a lib. I would rather be ignorant, I believe... than watch lib news, although sometimes I watch CNN, when I can't watch Fox or when Fox is on commercial break.

if you are going to be brainwashed, be brainwashed (so called) for the side of right

-

You don't have to pay for NPR. :D Unless you want to donate during pledge drives.

republicanchick

how utterly ridiculous. Rs are NOT going out of their way to destroy the earth and you know it. They have bent over backwards trying to show that the Keystone pipeline does NOT harm the environment--something even lefties agree with. Actually some Rs are over-doing that b/c there is no proof the pipeline would damage the environmentt. Of course, that good news doesn't phase Mr. EnvironmentalExtremist President Obama... and his loony leftie friends...

+++

Caledvwlch

how utterly ridiculous. Rs are NOT going out of their way to destroy the earth and you know it. They have bent over backwards trying to show that the Keystone pipeline does NOT harm the environment. But some are over-doing that b/c there is no proof the pipeline would do that. Of course, that good news doesn't phase Mr. EnvironmentalExtremist President Obama... and his loony leftie friends...

+++

I don't think the environment comment was ever just about Keystone. The pipeline itself may not be bad for the environment (highly arguable), but burning the fuel it's carrying certainly is.

republicanchick

That's more or less what I was getting at. If we don't take care of the environment, we won't be able to feed ourselves.

But back to the topic of the thread: I don't believe there is anything political in the Fox vs. Dish battle. It's just money. Just like it was when Dish blacked out CBS. Dish is the little guy here, and they're just going to have to roll over or start hemorrhaging subscribers to DirecTV and cable.

I hate DISH

and I am sure a lot of conservatives feel the same way. I will NEVER use them, even if they get Fox back. They couldn't care less about their viewers and it probably (definitely?) is about politics... My instincts say it is. Or maybe its my cynicism that says it is. But in any case, I would never have DISH even if Fox returned b/c it could happen again

-

republicanchick

I don't think the environment comment was ever just about Keystone. The pipeline itself may not be bad for the environment (highly arguable), but burning the fuel it's carrying certainly is.

well, why don't you go out into the wilderness and live all alone where your car won't pollute any air breathed by animals (don't care about humans..), where you probably won't even have one b/c it's so "bad for the environment"

where you won't burn any fuel and will freeze to death..

sounds like a weaner

)