Why a Sacrifice if Calvinism is True?

Lon

Nope; a humanist lawyer who used scripture to prove his own ideas. He did not become a Calvinist by reading the Bible. His views were formulated into Calvinism after he interpreted scripture to fit his views.

You will not find Calvinism by simply reading scripture with an open mind.
In other words "The only way you can read the Bible is the way I do. Everyone but me is in a cult"???

Lon

No, and that sounds like a personal problem. I presented abundant, clear scripture, and do not see the clear doctrines of God as debate material to hang out and twist in the wind, with man's carnal, defective creature logic and endless, specious arguments. You accept or reject His word, love and believe the truth, or love and believe the lie. That's all she wrote. You reject what I posted? Knock yourself out, but do so with somebody else. I'm certainly not doing the traditional page after page of trollish bickering from hell.

1 Timothy 6:3-6 If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness; he is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings, perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself.

:think:
Don't you just love it when they discover one word, shoot, one letter, that overturns not only all translations, but a couple thousand years of sound doctrine, at many seminaries? This never seems to register with God's special little creatures, of these cults of such evil doctrines of man.

It really is the case, the more they present all their doctrines of evil men blather, page after page, light on scripture, heavy on blather, if any scripture it's never helping them, even crude contradictions, you know, duh, but, anyway, the more they blabber away, the more legendary they believe their arguments are. And I don't know about you, but I just see them going full throttle silly, falling further down the rabbit hole. One thing is certain: it's a lost cause, if you actually think you're going to reform any of these with truth. (Ironic, isn't it, they call themselves Reformed?)
Declarative is weird, it is just opinion without any weight. :think:

At this point, I'm thinking remedial education. There is an off chance some Calvinist here achieves a modicum of reading comprehension. If nothing else, there are adult literacy courses. I'm not saying the Lord will zap them with irresistible education, but possible for them to get drawn to a classroom? So, just in case, being the word of God and all, not the silly doctrines of some twice dead tare, this scripture seemed worth repeating, scripture a child can understand. Maybe refer them to some 10 year old for tutoring, that's actually of the Spirit of Christ?
Sure, the backhanded insult will get them :Z Let's see if you've the where-with-all to back up the check your mouth just wrote :think:

B]1 Kings 18:21 And Elijah came unto all the people, and said, How long halt ye between two opinions? if the LORD be God, follow him: but if Baal, then follow him. And the people answered him not a word.
:think: This isn't it so far... :think:

Deuteronomy 11:26-29 Behold, I set before you this day a blessing and a curse; A blessing, if ye obey the commandments of the LORD your God, which I command you this day: And a curse, if ye will not obey the commandments of the LORD your God, but turn aside out of the way which I command you this day, to go after other gods, which ye have not known.
Still sacrificing on altars? Deuteronomy 12:6 :think:

Deuteronomy 30:19-20 I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live: That thou mayest love the LORD thy God, and that thou mayest obey his voice, and that thou mayest cleave unto him: for he is thy life, and the length of thy days: that thou mayest dwell in the land which the LORD sware unto thy fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give them.
Doing a search feature is not bible study nor is it understanding. This is simply a cut/paste.

Joshua 24:15 And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.
John 12:32 And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.

John 3:14-16 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Matthew 23:37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!

John 5:39-40 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me. And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

1 John 2:2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.
It doesn't necessarily imply what you believe it does. In order to use proof-verses they MUST be much clearer, not implicated.

John 6:28-29 Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God? Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

Luke 7:50 And he said to the woman, Thy faith hath saved thee; go in peace.

Acts 10:34-35 Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons: But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.

Acts 17:30-31 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent: Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.

2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

John 3:36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

1 Timothy 2:1-4 I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty. For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

1 Timothy 4:10 For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all man, specially of those that believe.

Hebrews 2:9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.

Revelation 22:17 And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.[/B]

So, all this to say your scripture prowess is better than another's? That you can understand them and others cannot? You'll have to do better. This doesn't measure up to the expectation of the check your mouth (type) wrote. :idunno: Why is this even part of the conversation in this thread? What does it have to do with the OP??? You are demonstrating that it isn't just them that needs remedial work, and that's a good thing. Levels the playing field for actual discussion. :up:

Last edited:

Lon

Another consideration. If God can predestine evil to occur and it's considered righteous because He's the one who decreed it for His good pleasure, why could He not just consider our evil righteous as well? That way, Christ would not have to die for our unrighteousness.
Romans 9:17 For Scripture says to Pharaoh: “I raised you up for this very purpose, that I might display my power in you and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth.”[g] 18 Therefore God has mercy on whom he wants to have mercy, and he hardens whom he wants to harden.

Good questions. Ordination, for me, isn't 'desire.' It is rather 'ordering' or 'organizing.' In this particular there are two camps: Time is linear and cannot be traversed: Past/future.

For us, that's true, but it is a property of our physical universe. God is not physical, but Spirit. Scripture indicates 'by faith, God who is Spirit created that which is physical.'

This is necessary for explaining that God sees all of our creation at a glance, somewhat like my fish tank at home. I know everything (pretty much) about what is in the tank, what my fish will do, eat, and life-span. In that sense, I ordered (preordained) the whole thing. One of my fish was killed by another. I knew that was 'likely' to happen but I didn't want it to happen. I had to figure out how to stop that from happening. We took all the fish back and I bought a schooling fish instead. God did the same with the flood.

The only problem that ever comes up with this, whether Calvinist or other, is about 'when' God knows/knew what He knows/knew. To me, this simply doesn't matter. It is simply trying to get God 'off the hook' for an accusation. For me, the answer is 1) to question whether we have that right (I don't believe I do) and 2) whether we are thinking clearly about blame. Sometimes guilt is apparent, at least seems apparent. Guilt and 'when' as well as how indelible we see time, affects how we see 'guilt.'

Romans 9 walks through a similar question with Paul simply asserting that we, the creation, have no right to question God. It reminds me of my parents, at times, saying simply "Because I said so."

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
You're welcome, but I fear I may have misled you, on second thought. When writing that, it hadn't dawned on me the education angle may be a real bust for the Calvinist. Surely, they'd just get all flustered over multiple choice exams. (This also makes one wonder what a Calvinist would do in a voting booth, just gawk at the ballot, looking all confused, and say, "That's not possible!"?) And has a Calvinist ever finished an IQ test? Then again, maybe they breeze through them, since the right answer doesn't matter, any answer sovereign. The questions just keep piling up!

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying Calvinists have no place. I figure in the celestial kingdom they'll make good accountants, showing the Lord how much money He could have saved on evangelism. And maybe next time skip all the pain and aggravation: create only good robots. Of course, this would be after they get over the shock of not finding Calvin on the throne. Well, if any of them get there, should say. There's this situation of many called and few chosen, you know. If the numbers are hugely on the side of predestined to irresistible evil, we have ourselves a Creator of evil in the main, right? A Holy God that, what, will not even tempt any man to evil, that rather prefers to create them evil? (Even when it's not math, the Calvinist is fuzzy. Guess I'd like to take back the accountants idea, too.) I don't see getting around that. It just seems, after having accused the Lord of designing a huge damned baby enterprise, before there were any babies, what will He say to the lying Calvinist? "Well done, thou good and faithful slanderer?"

Questions, questions...

What I find disturbing is the fact that Calvinists can't read your post and get the joke. The sarcasm just flies right over their heads. Their brains simply will not make the logical connections that would allow anything you've said in this post to make any sense. Instead they think you're just lying. They do not believe it possible for anyone to think that their doctrine is contradicted by the 10,000 choices they make every day (10,001+ on election day). The idea of predestined choices does not present itself as an oxymoron to their broken minds and I find that to be almost frightening. That is a level of mental disorder that borders on outright madness. What other feats of cognitive dissonance are they willing to commit? Indeed, that question is asked backward! The right question is, what feat of cognitive dissonance are they not willing to commit? There can't be one! Which feat of stupidity, what statement of insanity, which act of madness are they wiling to believe is out of bounds for a god whom they believe planned. predestined and forced every act of child molestation, rape and murder to happen?

`
“The devil, and the whole train of the ungodly, are in all directions, held in by the hand of God as with a bridle, so that they can neither conceive any mischief, nor plan what they have conceived, nor how muchsoever they may have planned, move a single finger to perpetrate, unless in so far as he permits, nay unless in so far as he commands, that they are not only bound by his fetters but are even forced to do him service” (John Calvin, Institutes of Christian Religion, Book 1, Chapter 17, Paragraph 11)

“thieves and murderers, and other evildoers, are instruments of divine providence, being employed by the Lord himself to execute judgments which he has resolved to inflict.” (John Calvin, Institutes of Christian Religion, Book 1, Chapter 17, Paragraph 5)

”He testifies that He creates light and darkness, forms good and evil (Isaiah 45:7); that no evil happens which He hath not done (Amos 3:6).* Let them tell me whether God exercises His judgments willingly or unwillingly.” (John Calvin, Institutes of Christian Religion, Book 1, Chapter 18, Paragraph 3)

“We hold that God is the disposer and ruler of all things, –that from the remotest eternity, according to his own wisdom, He decreed what he was to do, and now by his power executes what he decreed. Hence we maintain, that by His providence, not heaven and earth and inanimate creatures only, but also the counsels and wills of men are so governed as to move exactly in the course which he has destined.” (John Calvin, Institutes of Christian Religion, Book 1, Chapter 16, Paragraph 8)​

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Romans 9:17 For Scripture says to Pharaoh: “I raised you up for this very purpose, that I might display my power in you and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth.”[g] 18 Therefore God has mercy on whom he wants to have mercy, and he hardens whom he wants to harden.

Good questions. Ordination, for me, isn't 'desire.' It is rather 'ordering' or 'organizing.' In this particular there are two camps: Time is linear and cannot be traversed: Past/future.

For us, that's true, but it is a property of our physical universe. God is not physical, but Spirit. Scripture indicates 'by faith, God who is Spirit created that which is physical.'

This is necessary for explaining that God sees all of our creation at a glance, somewhat like my fish tank at home. I know everything (pretty much) about what is in the tank, what my fish will do, eat, and life-span. In that sense, I ordered (preordained) the whole thing. One of my fish was killed by another. I knew that was 'likely' to happen but I didn't want it to happen. I had to figure out how to stop that from happening. We took all the fish back and I bought a schooling fish instead. God did the same with the flood.

The only problem that ever comes up with this, whether Calvinist or other, is about 'when' God knows/knew what He knows/knew. To me, this simply doesn't matter. It is simply trying to get God 'off the hook' for an accusation. For me, the answer is 1) to question whether we have that right (I don't believe I do) and 2) whether we are thinking clearly about blame. Sometimes guilt is apparent, at least seems apparent. Guilt and 'when' as well as how indelible we see time, affects how we see 'guilt.'

Romans 9 walks through a similar question with Paul simply asserting that we, the creation, have no right to question God. It reminds me of my parents, at times, saying simply "Because I said so."

Translation:

"To me, words can be synonyms without meaning the same thing."

"Things that seem to contradict to everyone else don't contradict, to me."

"To me, it doesn't matter if one's doctrine makes any sense."

Lon believes that doctrine is, at the end of the day, really just a matter of personal opinion. "To Lon", there is no absolute truth. He accepts Calvinism because he simply prefers it and for no other reason. He doesn't accept it as absolute truth and makes no attempt to defend it rationally because it isn't a matter of reason but of personally chosen belief. His belief in God is no more substantive that is the 5 year old's belief in the tooth fairy. Indeed, less substantive than that because the child wouldn't believe in the tooth fairy if the child's parents hadn't taught them to do so. In other words, there is far less cognitive dissonance on the part of the child's belief in the tooth fairy than there is in Lon's acceptance of Calvinism.

Clete

blackbirdking

In other words "The only way you can read the Bible is the way I do.

How so? Simply provide one scripture that clearly states, without the aid of human reasoning, that God knew before creation of man, that Adam would sin and that God could have prevented Adam's sin without violating His creation.

If there is one, this discussion would have been over hundreds of years ago.

Everyone but me is in a cult"???

Where did I say I'm not in a cult?

Last edited:
What I find disturbing is the fact that Calvinists can't read your post and get the joke. The sarcasm just flies right over their heads. Their brains simply will not make the logical connections that would allow anything you've said in this post to make any sense. Instead they think you're just lying. They do not believe it possible for anyone to think that their doctrine is contradicted by the 10,000 choices they make every day (10,001+ on election day). The idea of predestined choices does not present itself as an oxymoron to their broken minds and I find that to be almost frightening. That is a level of mental disorder that borders on outright madness. What other feats of cognitive dissonance are they willing to commit?

What other feats? Maybe, at some point, predestined to walk and chew gum at the same time? Your first mistake, my friend, is expecting to find proper exegesis or common sense. Do you not realize this is the web?! “All hope abandon, ye who logon here.”

It really is pretty amazing how, here and there, you run into these cultish people that are as blind to humor as they are to scripture. On a number of occasions, I've made comments just joking, spoofing, having a little fun: after presenting the truth, what else is there to do? After all, you can't take their theology seriously, and they’ll just blabber away at their errors, page after page, until the server runs out of hard drive. (Any more than try to have a conversation with a tree stump, I'm not one for the endless bickering. I'd prefer to move on to blond jokes, in that case, any day.) As you point out, they’re like crack babies, and instances you’d think nobody could possibly take such obvious humor literally. It’s plain weird, isn’t it? Hey! With the Calvinist, though, maybe they weren't predestined to have a personality? Correction, should that be an irresistible personality? They are admitted robots, you know. Maybe God’s special little creatures get a custom installation, don’t get all the libraries loaded? Like a whole Bible, for instance?

Lon

How so? Simply provide one scripture that clearly states, without the aid of human reasoning, that God knew before creation of man, that Adam would sin and that God could have prevented Adam's sin without violating His creation.

If there is one, this discussion would have been over hundreds of years ago.
Proverbs 5:21 Isaiah 46:9-10 1 John 3:19-20 Revelation 13:8 Explicit? Seems like: John 21:17

To date, I've not seen any of these disputed at any length, that they couldn't mean what they say they mean?

Where did I say I'm not in a cult?
Then why the disdain? :idunno:

Lon

What other feats? Maybe, at some point, predestined to walk and chew gum at the same time? Your first mistake, my friend, is expecting to find proper exegesis or common sense. Do you not realize this is the web?! “All hope abandon, ye who logon here.”

It really is pretty amazing how, here and there, you run into these cultish people that are as blind to humor as they are to scripture. On a number of occasions, I've made comments just joking, spoofing, having a little fun: after presenting the truth, what else is there to do? After all, you can't take their theology seriously, and they’ll just blabber away at their errors, page after page, until the server runs out of hard drive. (Any more than try to have a conversation with a tree stump, I'm not one for the endless bickering. I'd prefer to move on to blond jokes, in that case, any day.) As you point out, they’re like crack babies, and instances you’d think nobody could possibly take such obvious humor literally. It’s plain weird, isn’t it? Hey! With the Calvinist, though, maybe they weren't predestined to have a personality? Correction, should that be an irresistible personality? They are admitted robots, you know. Maybe God’s special little creatures get a custom installation, don’t get all the libraries loaded? Like a whole Bible, for instance?

Declarative after declarative. I've the prowess and where-with-all but sorry, I simply put those without the ability OR desire on ignore. Isaiah 55:11 Banter and unsupported declarative are not bible study, nor are they compelling argument. Why do them? Are these kinds of posts just to express disdain and some kind of feigned grasp of scripture? I just don't get it. I can talk scriptures all day but I definitely try to avoid these kinds of posts. Show me anywhere, harsh as the Lord Jesus Christ or Apostles might have seemed, where they were disdained and hated or where they returned it.... 1 Peter 3:9 Luke 23:14 Acts 5:12,13 When you stand before the Lord Jesus Christ, is this it? Matthew 25:21

This thread asks about the sacrifice of the Lord Jesus Christ. I have no other stand or defense than His mercies and grace.

Lon

I had thought of that before, fleetingly, that God might be referring to the group or groups as a whole. You make a good argument for it. I don't know the answer and will have to think and pray about it. Another piece of Scripture that I am struggling with is Romans 9:16: It does not, therefore, depend on human desire or effort, but on God's mercy. Romans 9: 17 For Scripture says to Pharaoh: "I raised you up for this very purpose, that I might display my power in you and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth." Romans 9:20 But who are you, a human being, to talk back to God? "Shall what is formed say to the one who formed it, 'Why did you make me like this?'" This seems to me to be perhaps the other section of Scripture Calvinists would use to argue that God predestines people as individuals from beginning to end. Though, in the historical context, I guess Paul is most concerned about explaining how Gentiles could also be heirs.

On another note, this scripture clearly says that all are in need of mercy and grace. So, as others in this thread have already pointed out, anyone who actually says people are born good is wrong; Epheshians 2:3 All of us also lived among them at one time, gratifying the cravings of our flesh and following its desires and thoughts. Like the rest, we were by nature deserving of wrath.

How does grace and choosing Christ and predestination and sanctification all fit together? I'm not sure.

I've seen the argument, but it doesn't fit Romans 9 which clearly speaks of individuals being born, one is born favored, the other is born rejected Ephesians 1:3-14 reads similarly to Romans 9.
"Singular." In both cases. I appreciate your previous post and dealing honestly and with integrity viewing God's scriptures. 2 Peter 3:16 We have to understand God and accept God, however it 'attacks our sensibilities.' God is good and God is God alone lest we make a form of Him in our own image. :up:

blackbirdking

God ordained Adam would be created
a intelligent, sentient, and willful creature, free to obey God's Law and Commands, but that Adam would surely fail to fully do so. Not because God caused Adam to disobey, but because God ordained the last Adam, Jesus Christ alone, would perfectly fulfill all God's Law . . . to His glory.

Where does the Bible say that God ordained that Adam was created a "willful creature"?
Where does the Bible say that Adam was ordained to "surely fail"?

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Where does the Bible say that God ordained that Adam was created a "willful creature"?
Where does the Bible say that Adam was ordained to "surely fail"?[/FONT][/COLOR][/LEFT]

Does the Bible teach Adam was created an unconscious, ignorant, and unwilling robot?

Does the Bible teach that the first Adam achieved the obedient perfections of the last Adam, Jesus Christ?

beloved57

Calvinism says that God would rather go through all the trouble of creating those whom He has elected to first live a life of sin on Earth before they could be saved and be with Him. He could have just created them to be with Him from the beginning as He did the angels. If you deny that He has the ability to do this, then you deny that He has all power. If He were to do this rather than predestine them to sin, He would not have to send HIs son to die for them. So according to Calvinism, God would prefer to watch His son die a miserable death for an elect group that He predestined to live on Earth and sin rather than just create the elect to be with Him from the get go. Why would He go through having to watch His son be tortured and murdered when in His Sovereignty, He could just have just skipped all this devastation?

To be Glorified through the Person and Work of Jesus Christ !

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber

Lunatic madness!

I swear it is as if there is a real dysfunction in the Calvinist's brain!

In what conceivable way would a god be glorified by having arbitrarily predestined sin in order to arbitrarily give the god's son something to die for. Why not have him die for something else? If it's arbitrary as the Calvinists DO believe, why couldn't it have been butterflies or earth worms or elephants or anything else that didn't cause a world full of pain, suffering, misery and death?

It's utter stupidity if not outright insanity!!

Nanja

Exactly Correct Brother, and The God We serve is He which Performs as He so Desires with His Creation.

Yet, many religious people in this late day and time, have no fear of God before their eyes Rom. 3:18:

That is, no reverence for the Works He does, or that they would question His Actions with regard to
how He deals with His Creation, whether it be favorably or otherwise Rom. 9:20.

Job 23:13-14

13 But he is in one mind, and who can turn him? and what his soul desireth, even that he doeth.

14 For he performeth the thing that is appointed for me: and many such things are with him.

Ps. 115:3

But our God is in the heavens: he hath done whatsoever he hath pleased.

beloved57

Exactly Correct Brother, and The God We serve is He which Performs as He so Desires with His Creation.

Yet, many religious people in this late day and time, have no fear of God before their eyes Rom. 3:18:

That is, no reverence for the Works He does, or that they would question His Actions with regard to
how He deals with His Creation, whether it be favorably or otherwise Rom. 9:20.

Job 23:13-14

13 But he is in one mind, and who can turn him? and what his soul desireth, even that he doeth.

14 For he performeth the thing that is appointed for me: and many such things are with him.

Ps. 115:3

But our God is in the heavens: he hath done whatsoever he hath pleased.

Amen Sister!

blackbirdking

Proverbs 5:21 Isaiah 46:9-10 1 John 3:19-20 Revelation 13:8 Explicit? Seems like: John 21:17

To date, I've not seen any of these disputed at any length, that they couldn't mean what they say they mean?

These verses mean exactly what they say; nothing more, nothing less.
None of these verses clearly state, without using human reasoning, that God knew before creation of man, that Adam would sin and that God could have prevented Adam's sin without violating His creation.

Why do you think they do?

Then why the disdain?
:idunno:

When some 'scientist' declares, that according to science, the sun will not give heat and light, I feel the same way because someone in a cold basement believes him.

blackbirdking

Does the Bible teach Adam was created an unconscious, ignorant, and unwilling robot?
No

Does the Bible teach that the first Adam achieved the obedient perfections of the last Adam, Jesus Christ?
What are "obedient perfections"?

So again:
So answering these questions with questions signifies that you don't have scripture to support your 'Godly' opinion?

You are the one pretending to defend Calvinism, not me, yet you can't give scripture to say why you believe.

You said, in defense of Calvinism:
God ordained Adam would be created a intelligent, sentient, and willful creature, free to obey God's Law and Commands, but that Adam would surely fail to fully do so. Not because God caused Adam to disobey, but because God ordained the last Adam, Jesus Christ alone, would perfectly fulfill all God's Law . . . to His glory.

Man was created in the image of God, but mankind was not created to be equal with God.

Only by being justified by God's grace and gift of faith in the blood of Christ, will man realize a shared heavenly inheritance in Him. To His glory. Ephesians 1:11-14
It is sadly regrettable that you would swallow Calvinism, hook line and sinker, which is based upon false presupposition of God's character, without you being able to base it on scripture.

I do not see how Calvinism is founded on scripture; apparently, neither does Poly in the OP, nor you.

Again, where is scripture to support your claim?

One or both of us is wrong.

Besides:
A being ordained to be "willful", (a being ordained to be able to exercise his will to fail or to be able to exercise his will to not fail), cannot be ordained to exercise his will to "surely fail"; because, then he could not exercise his will to not fail, making him unable to be "willful". Adam was either ordained to fail or he was ordained to be "willful".

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Seems like we just crossed over the point in the thread where all the Calvinists stop responding to anything anyone says that they don't already agree with.

I wonder what it's like to believe that your god predestined you to lose every single debate you'll ever engage in on the topic of your doctrine?

Seems like we just crossed over the point in the thread where all the Calvinists stop responding to anything anyone says that they don't already agree with.

I wonder what it's like to believe that your god predestined you to lose every single debate you'll ever engage in on the topic of your doctrine?

It really as if one is communicating with a tree stump, or some Chatty Cathy doll, pull the string and out comes a Calvin quote. Something I've always noticed, from all cults with these doctrines of men, is that they are non-responsive to very scripture that shreds their claims. I posted abundant scripture a couple times, which clearly and plainly destroys Calvinism, nothing the least ambiguous, even in one post highlighted what are clear scripture statements in red, that well put the lie to Calvinism, thinking a color contrast would aid what must be predestined to very meager reading comprehension skills.

To be serious, the cults all have the lies and false doctrines of some sinful man or woman at the center, and, important to note, these false doctrines trump scripture in their minds. They are in the business of selling these false doctrines that supersede scripture truth, to them, therefore do not even feel obliged to reconcile the scripture they contradict, as they reject the truth. Of course, neither can they defend their lies with scripture, at best only cite some verse and twist it into a pretzel, with all their blather: the man blather is required, to inject the lies.

As I've mentioned before, there's a pattern right there in the false prophets' writings. It's all over threads here. A little scripture, a lot of blather, to try and twist the meaning of scripture. Not just the Calvinists, all cults do this. You'll notice this in their false prophets' writings, how what they're really doing is sprinkling scripture around in their lying doctrines, their doctrines of man, that, on closer examination, whole scripture context does not support. They can't simply list a page or two of scripture that backs their claims, that speaks for itself, ever, because their claims are lies. You'll notice scripture they have posted asserts nothing the Calvinist claims, for instance, right here in this thread, as if citing that God does His pleasure, or His omniscience, is the same as saying He, by design, created what must be a majority damned babies, which is, obviously, pure evil. There is not a scintilla Calvinism in the scripture they cite. Would it not probably make Satan cringe, the concept of damning most babies, before there were babies? (An important aside, you'll find the lying Calvinist can't account for the origin of evil, outside of HOLY God, Himself, at all. I think they want people to come to this conclusion.) It wouldn’t even dawn on them God’s sovereign will was to create man to make choices, as scripture is very clear on, cover to cover, man that can very easily, willfully resist God in their persons.

So, you'll notice they see things in scripture that aren't there, at all, in the scripture they cite, and somehow seem oblivious to the fact that, if there were any doctrine of damned and saved robots, there would be pages of scripture asserting Christ died for a few good robots, not to take preaching too much to heart, as it isn't really even required, before a gleam in your parents' eyes, shoot, before even your parents, irresistibly zapped is irresistibly zapped: God made you a Presbyterian before there was darkness on the face of the deep and everybody else damned, just that He didn't get around to pointing this out until the 16th century, His publisher's first century or so deadline to get the New Testament out and all. The Lord meant to include that He's mainly having a bit of fun, complaining at the evil robots that can't help themselves, telling them to repent, when they can't, this His favorite sport these thousands of years, and everywhere scripture speaks to God wishing none perish, wishing that all men come to repentance, He dying for the sins of the world, this whosoever believeth stuff? Just kidding! By the way, I was, in fact, once told by a TULIP Presbyterian I was obviously damned, because I don’t see the glory of Calvin’s irresistible grace that only those with that grace can see, that I cheapened God’s capital ‘S’ Sovereignty with the thought I had anything to do with repenting and receiving Christ, therefore I am a bad robot, never to tiptoe through the TULIPs. (It was truly funny. Others chimed-in how they’d pray for me, and I’m thinking, “Say whut?! Pray for me? You just said I’m bad robot, since before the sun and moon!”)

Anyway, they can't post plain scripture after scripture to support their claims, at all, because their claims are lies. They must be non-responsive, to anybody well versed in scripture truth, would avoid such confrontations with scripture, if they could. Plain scripture is like throwing holy water on the vampire sort of thing to them. What's so ridiculous is how they think they can contradict scripture with scripture, not even seeing they're, therefore, both saying that God is a liar, and that His word is not reliable. I think this is the devil's hook in it all, what amounts to tare business, the bottom line to try and impugn God's holiness, His integrity, His love and mercy, His justice, their false prophets going back to that same of old modus operandi, that same old con, in the Garden, "Yes, God hath said, but...".

In any event, this is why the non-responsive, also why discussing anything with them on an honest scripture level or even a level of common sense reason is futile, as they will ignore the hard questions, the scripture, that smokes them out for what they are, that is, false prophets, liars, and, again, they cling to their lies as preeminent doctrines, have their cult leaders on the throne. I think the first mistake is listening to any of these clowns, with their -ists and -isms.

1 Corinthians 1:11-13 For I have been informed concerning you, my brethren, by Chloe's people, that there are quarrels among you. Now I mean this, that each one of you is saying, "I am of Paul," and "I of Apollos," and "I of Cephas," and "I of Christ." Has Christ been divided [into more corrupt denominations than Baskin Robbins has flavors]? Paul was not crucified for you, was he? Or were you baptized in the name of Paul?

You know something else, it really is such wickedness, how they have no problem adding false doctrines to the word of God, and taking away from the word of God, of the Holy Bible, despite:

2 Peter 2:1-3 But there were also false prophets in Israel, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will cleverly teach destructive heresies and even deny the Master who bought them. In this way, they will bring sudden destruction on themselves. Many will follow their evil teaching and shameful immorality. And because of these teachers, the way of truth will be slandered. In their greed they will make up clever lies to get hold of your money. But God condemned them long ago, and their destruction will not be delayed.

Matthew 6:24 No one can serve two masters, for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and money.
[And no, for you inveterate common sense challenged, this isn't saying you can serve lies and the devil, because they aren't money.]

Matthew 7:15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

2 Corinthians 11:14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

2 Timothy 4:3-4 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; and they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

Matthew 7:19-23 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them. Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

2 Peter 1:16 For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty.

Ezekiel 22:28 And her prophets have smeared whitewash for them, seeing false visions and divining lies for them, saying, "Thus says the Lord GOD," when the LORD has not spoken.

Jeremiah 14:14 And the Lord said to me, "The prophets are prophesying lies in my name. I did not send them, nor did I command them or speak to them. They are prophesying to you a lying vision, worthless divination, and the deceit of their own minds."

Jeremiah 23:21 I did not send the prophets, yet they ran; I did not speak to them, yet they prophesied.

Revelation 22:18-19 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: and if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

Revelation 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and ALL LIARS, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Revelation 22:14-15 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city. For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

Lastly, I don't know what sort of fool puts aside the word of God, for lies. At least Esau got a bowl of soup.