Who won round 8 of BRX?

Who won round 8 of BRX?

• Sam Lamerson

Votes: 17 41.5%
  • Bob Enyart

Votes: 24 58.5%

• Total voters

RightIdea

Before, Lamerson was only guilty of flat out ignoring whole groups of questions, and making false accusations that Bob wasnt' responding to him.

Now, Lamerson is just plain making things up, making explicitly dishonest accusations against Bob, inventing things out of whole cloth, accusing Bob of saying things that are the exact opposite of what he really said. What a clear sign that Lamerson himself knows he lost a long time ago. He's desperate and on the ropes, and he knows it. Bob, on the other hand, is going to scripture time and time again, and unlike Lamerson, does not use extra-biblical authority for doctrine, not even once.

Bob stands on scripture, Lamerson continues to stand on scholars "who cannot be questioned."

Bob again, by a landslide!

novice

Who is the stooge now?
SOTK said:
Sam continues to win! :up: His use of Scripture and Greek is outstanding! :up:
In some alternate reality you may be right.

But here is this reality you couldn't be more wrong.

Based on your criticism I highly doubt that you have actually read the debate, if you had you would be dissapointed in Sam's defense for Calvinism.

RightIdea

SOTK said:
What, no mention of his rampant use of extra-biblical authority?

No mention of Sam's dishonest misquotes of Bob, accusing him of saying things totally opposite of what Bob actually said?

No mention of Sam's hypocrisy when Sam demanded Bob give the case for Greek paganism, only to them dismiss it as irrelevant when Bob went to great lengths to fulfill Sam's demand?

May I please ask you to comment on these things?

I have been entirely willing to criticize Bob for the mistakes I believe he's made (and am about to do so again, today, for his new post). Can you not be a man and do the same?

RightIdea

In fact, I'd like to say that I have seen a very distinct lack of anyone holding Lamerson accountable on the Settled View side, during this whole debate! I have never held back from criticizing Bob on any number of things, and I said a moment ago, I'm about to again!

Where is the accountability? Can you not criticize someone on your side? I have many times lambasted Sanders for his catastrophic performance in his debate against James White. If anyone asks me about it, I'll do it again. If we are genuine truthseekers, we should never prize the man over the truth! Show some backbone, people! Iv'e heard accusations that this website is mostly just a bunch of yes men for Bob. Well, look at you all on the Settled Side! Sam can do no wrong in your eyes, and it ticks me off more and more, every round.

Be a man! Step up to the plate, and be willing to hold your own guy accountable on some things.

SOTK

I didn't realize this was the "critique thread". :rolleyes:

However, I will admit that both have sidestepped issues and/or points which each other has brought up. Sam has stated that this really isn't a debate, and I agree with him on that point as well. Both are spending way too much time answering, or attempting to answer questions which should have been answered long ago.

novice

Who is the stooge now?
SOTK said:
Well, it was you who said....
Sam continues to win! His use of Scripture and Greek is outstanding!

Both are spending way too much time answering, or attempting to answer questions which should have been answered long ago.
Can you give me an example of something that Bob has failed to answer?

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
SOTK said:

It isn't the critique thread but sometimes critiques might happen.

Take this one for example:

SOTK said:

RightIdea

SOTK said:

However, I will admit that both have sidestepped issues and/or points which each other has brought up. Sam has stated that this really isn't a debate, and I agree with him on that point as well. Both are spending way too much time answering, or attempting to answer questions which should have been answered long ago.
Then post something in the critique thread about it! Like I said, I see virtually no criticism whatsoever of Sam from the Settled crowd, there. It's just nothing but a lot of thumbs up and no specific criticism, as if Sam can't do any wrong.

SOTK

Poly said:
It isn't the critique thread but sometimes critiques might happen.

Take this one for example:

Umm...that isn't a critique. I wasn't being critical of Sam or anything he wrote.

novice

Who is the stooge now?
SOTK said:
Umm...that isn't a critique. I wasn't being critical of Sam or anything he wrote.
Ok, fine.

But, you did make some statements that indicate you think Sam is doing a great job etc., which of course you have all the right to make. All I am saying is, I would like to explore those statements to see if I am missing something.

Can you give me an example of something that Bob has failed to answer?

novice

Who is the stooge now?
Freak said:
You got it. :up:
I am a bit surprised you would be thumbing up the Calvinist argument, something you have publicly rejected for many years.

Has Sam converted you to Calvinism?

Or is this just your hate for Bob oozing out yet again?

Freak

novice said:
I am a bit surprised you would be thumbing up the Calvinist argument, something you have publicly rejected for many years.
Novice, I do not adhere to Calvinism nor the Open View. I reject both as man made theologies. I embrace Biblical theology.

Has Sam converted you to Calvinism?
Converted? I have experienced only one conversion--spiritual birth through Christ.

Or is this just your hate for Bob oozing out yet again?
I do not hate Bob. I love Bob. I hate sin and the devil, that's about it.

Freak

novice said:
So we can assume you reject pretty much everything that Sam has stated in BR X, right?
I reject some of what Sam has stated and I reject some of what Bob has stated. Do you believe your pastor is perfect in his theology?

drbrumley

You just refuse to learn huh Freak? You just got back, I would have thought you learned by now. No one adheres to Bob being perfect. So shut your trap before your banned again.