Who will answer my questions?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Is Jesus Christ God?

Let's say for the sake of discussion that eternal life is a gift from God.

So who is the God that imparts eternal life.

Scripture says it is Jesus Christ.

"as You have given Him authority over all flesh, that He should give eternal life to as many as You have given Him." (John 17:2)

That sounds to me like a good job description for God.

KingdomRose

Jamie, you aren't answering oatmeal's questions. You are diverting the subject to something else. He didn't ask who God is. He asked specific questions about Isaiah 53. Can you stop blind-siding the discussion and maybe go away? Scripture doesn't say anywhere that Jesus Christ is "the God that imparts life." If fact, Jesus clearly showed that His FATHER was God, and that the Father GAVE him the authority to give eternal life to others. If Jesus was God, he wouldn't need to be GIVEN authority. You are confused.

glorydaz

Jamie, you aren't answering oatmeal's questions. You are diverting the subject to something else. He didn't ask who God is. He asked specific questions about Isaiah 53. Can you stop blind-siding the discussion and maybe go away? Scripture doesn't say anywhere that Jesus Christ is "the God that imparts life." If fact, Jesus clearly showed that His FATHER was God, and that the Father GAVE him the authority to give eternal life to others. If Jesus was God, he wouldn't need to be GIVEN authority. You are confused.

Here we have a member of one of the worst cults around playing the authority and ordering people around.

Kingdomthorn.......You are a scripture twister and a minister of satan.
I KNOW YOU. We heard you in the Garden of Eden.

John 6:63
It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

marhig

Here we have a member of one of the worst cults around playing the authority and ordering people around.

It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.
Wow thats nasty! Luckily God looks at the heart and not at the denomination!

oatmeal

Is Jesus Christ God?

Let's say for the sake of discussion that eternal life is a gift from God.

So who is the God that imparts eternal life.

Scripture says it is Jesus Christ.

"as You have given Him authority over all flesh, that He should give eternal life to as many as You have given Him." (John 17:2)

That sounds to me like a good job description for God.

It does, but Jesus was born, God is eternal. God is the source of eternal life, it is Jesus Christ the man that earned it to give it to those who believe on him.

God delegates authority to men and woman

Hence we see Moses having authority over Pharaoh. Exodus 7:1

And the Lord said unto Moses, See, I have made thee a god to Pharaoh: and Aaron thy brother shall be thy prophet.

According to scripture was Moses a god or not?

For that matter why is the law of the OT referred to as the law of Moses?

Is it because it originated with Moses?

Or did God give the law to Moses to give to the people?

oatmeal

This is pretty easy to answer by anyone who is familiar with the Scriptures and understands how the Hebrew Scriptures were translated and how the name of God was removed from English versions and replaced with "Lord" instead (usually shown in all upper-case letters). Everywhere "LORD" appears in that passage, the name of God has been replaced. In the Hebrew, the letters "YHWH" are there, which the King James Version translated as "Jehovah" (see Psalm 83:18, KJV). It actually appears 7,000 times in the original Hebrew.

So..."who is 'the LORD'?" It is the Father and Most High---Jehovah. Jehovah is said to bruise the suffering servant---the Messiah---because He allowed him to die at the hands of the Jewish religious leaders and the Romans.

Yes, there are two distinct parties. Jehovah and the Messiah, and the nation of Israel. Isaiah 53 couldn't be referring to the nation of Israel as the suffering servant, because it is Israel's sins that the servant is dying for. It says that there was no deception found in his mouth, nor no violence in him. That does not mean Israel because the Scriptures show plainly that the nation was FULL of violence and deception. (Jeremiah 5:27; 6:7; 9:6,8; Ezekiel 7:23; Hosea 4:2 ....to name just a few references.)

yes, that is correct

oatmeal

That is because they don't know their hand from their elbow. Yet they chatter on like magpies as if they are the authorities on everything.

Yes, maybe so, but I remember when I was a defender of the trinity.

It took someone's clear logic to show me that Jesus Christ could not be God.

Then I learned I Timothy 2:5 that shows that God and the man Christ Jesus are distinct and separate. They certainly work together in one accord, "I and my Father are one" but they are not one being as you well know.

Once I began to realize that what Jesus Christ did, he did being "only" a human, What excuse do we have to murmur and complain about the few little things that God requires of us?

On the other hand if the "only" human Jesus Christ did so much, how much does having "Christ in you" having received the faith of Christ give us incredible potential as believers?

We have the right to do the same works and greater works than what Jesus Christ did! John 14:12

Why are we holding back?

KingdomRose

You can never refute what I say. You have not one good answer to anything I post. All you do is call names and tear down. You pretend to be working for Jesus but you are stumbling innocent people who would come to Jesus upon hearing the truth. You are like the Pharisees whom Jesus castigated and said, "Woe to you...hypocrites! because you shut up the kingdom of the heavens before men; for you do not go in, neither do you permit those on their way in to go in." (Matthew 23:13)

Further, he said, and I apply it to you: "Serpent, offspring of vipers, how are you to flee from the judgment of Gehenna?"

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

Jesus Christ gives eternal life. Only God can do that

KingdomRose

Jesus Christ gives eternal life. Only God can do that

You missed the part where God GAVE Jesus the authority to give eternal life. Perhaps you didn't understand that Jesus had to receive the power of authority before he could give life to anyone, and he got it from God, the Father. If Jesus was God, he wouldn't have to get anything from anyone.

:idea: oh yeah, gee, I didn't think of that!