Who will answer my questions?

oatmeal

The following is from another thread.

I suspect that it will not be answered in that thread

All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on HIM the iniquity of us all. He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth. He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken. And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth.
Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand. He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for HE shall bear their iniquities.
- Isaiah 53:6-11

He was CUT OFF [גָּזַר gâzar גָּזַר gâzar] from the land of the living.

Who is the Lord?

Who did the Lord lay the iniquity of us all upon?

Who is the Lord?

Who did the Lord bruise?

Who is the Lord?

Who did the Lord put to grief?

Who is the Lord?

Who soul did the Lord make be an offering for sin?

There is clearly two distinct parties here.

Who is the Lord and who is the other party?

oatmeal

I should make clear, this thread is not a calling out of beamup.

I have no beef against him or this thread.

I simply wanted that my questions are not swept under the rug and buried in another thread

oatmeal

Father, Son and Holy Spirit....go figure.

Ok, could you elaborate?

Could you be more specific?

You listed three entities, three parties

There are only two parties in the passage I am referring to

Which ones are which?

Let me relist them for you:

Who is the Lord?

Who is the Lord?

Who did the Lord bruise?

Who is the Lord?

Who is the Lord?

So, you listed three, who is who?

Truster

Ok, could you elaborate?

Could you be more specific?

You listed three entities, three parties

There are only two parties in the passage I am referring to

Which ones are which?

Let me relist them for you:

Who is the Lord?

Who is the Lord?

Who did the Lord bruise?

Who is the Lord?

Who is the Lord?

So, you listed three, who is who?

If you need to ask the question you could never understand nor accept the answer.

oatmeal

If you need to ask the question you could never understand nor accept the answer.

Or in other words,

a. you realize any answer you give will expose your doctrine as wrong.

b. you are incapable answering my questions

c. You have no answer that answers my questions in a scripturally logical manner

d. all of the above

oatmeal

So far then, I am right, I have not received an answer that fits my questions about the aforegiven passage

beameup

I'll answer your question with another question:
Now Moses was pasturing the flock of Jethro his father-in-law, the priest of Midian; and he led the flock to the west side of the wilderness and came to Horeb, the mountain of God [aka: Sinai]
The angel of YHWH appeared to him in a blazing fire from the midst of a bush; and he looked, and behold, the bush was burning with fire, yet the bush was not consumed.
So Moses said, “I must turn aside now and see this marvelous sight, why the bush is not burned up.”

When YHWH saw that he [Moses] turned aside to look, God called to him from the midst of the bush and said, “Moses, Moses!” And he said, “Here I am.” - Exodus 3:1-4

Who is "in the bush"?

oatmeal

Now Moses was pasturing the flock of Jethro his father-in-law, the priest of Midian; and he led the flock to the west side of the wilderness and came to Horeb, the mountain of God [aka: Sinai]
The angel of YHWH appeared to him in a blazing fire from the midst of a bush; and he looked, and behold, the bush was burning with fire, yet the bush was not consumed.
So Moses said, “I must turn aside now and see this marvelous sight, why the bush is not burned up.”

When YHWH saw that he [Moses] turned aside to look, God called to him from the midst of the bush and said, “Moses, Moses!” And he said, “Here I am.” - Exodus 3:1-4

Who is "in the bush"?

Wonderful question, but again I am right.

That is not answer to my question, it is as you say another question.

However, if you wish to use that strategy, then I will play this one round with you

How, by asking another question.

Moses replied "Here I am"

Who is Moses?

But again, I am right, no one has answered my questions with scripture and scriptural logic.

Truster

Or in other words,

a. you realize any answer you give will expose your doctrine as wrong.

b. you are incapable answering my questions

c. You have no answer that answers my questions in a scripturally logical manner

d. all of the above

I don't give that which is holy to dogs just as I don't cast pearls before swine.

Yesterday I spent nearly 5 hours doing a Bible study for a young man who absorbed everything like a sponge. He only stepped into error once and when he received a truthful explanation he accepted it without question.

On Saturday I spent 6 hours guiding a guy in the mountains who says he is saved. We combined the hike with spiritual exercises. Although he was able to accept correction he often looked for excuses to sin. I also sensed he was not having a love affair with the Truth.

In you there is no love of the truth.

TrevorL

Greetings oatmeal,
Who is the Lord?
Please note that the word here is LORD, representing YHWH and this is Yahweh, God the Father.
Jesus, the Son of God. In the context of Isaiah 53 he is introduced to us in Isaiah 52:13 as Yahweh's Servant.
Who is the Lord?
Who did the Lord bruise?
Who is the Lord?
Who is the Lord?
Same answer for all of these.

Kind regards
Trevor

oatmeal

Greetings oatmeal, Please note that the word here is LORD, representing YHWH and this is Yahweh, God the Father. Jesus, the Son of God. In the context of Isaiah 53 he is introduced to us in Isaiah 52:13 as Yahweh's Servant. Same answer for all of these.

Kind regards
Trevor

Yes, that is what it is about.

However,it seems you are in a minority with me.

others would say that Lord always refers to Jesus Christ.

They do not distinguish between the Lord God and His son, the lord Jesus Christ.

Good for you!

oatmeal

I don't give that which is holy to dogs just as I don't cast pearls before swine.

Yesterday I spent nearly 5 hours doing a Bible study for a young man who absorbed everything like a sponge. He only stepped into error once and when he received a truthful explanation he accepted it without question.

On Saturday I spent 6 hours guiding a guy in the mountains who says he is saved. We combined the hike with spiritual exercises. Although he was able to accept correction he often looked for excuses to sin. I also sensed he was not having a love affair with the Truth.

In you there is no love of the truth.

Well that's wonderful

So with all your ability to teach and love why not teach us?

Or would your answers not fit my questions?

oatmeal

Christ isn't the answer?

There are two parties involved in that passage.

One is the giver, the other is the recipient.

Are you suggesting the giver and the recipient are one and the same?

The Lord laid on him the iniquity of us all

Who is the Lord and on whom did the Lord lay all iniquity on?

Two separate parties>

oatmeal

Who is "in the bush"?

Lest the games continue let us read what it says.

An angel of the Lord appeared to him

Then God spoke to him.

Well, this is simple.

Is God everywhere present?

Then He was where that bush was and even now, He is where that bush was. God is everywhere He cannot be somewhere else.

If God is where you are, which he must be if he is everywhere and you are where you are, (there is no other option) then you and God are in the same place.

There are two parties in the same place,

1. God

2. you

If you were hiding in a bush, God is there.

Who is there in that bush?

1. God

2. You

Could you be in a bush while God is there?

Everyone, saint sinner devil angel cannot go anywhere that God is not.

The angel and God were in the bush

God is wise

popsthebuilder

There are two parties involved in that passage.

One is the giver, the other is the recipient.

Are you suggesting the giver and the recipient are one and the same?

The Lord laid on him the iniquity of us all

Who is the Lord and on whom did the Lord lay all iniquity on?

Two separate parties>
Spirit of Christ and spirit of GOD and Holy Spirit are synonyms. The man Jesus isn't eternal spirit though He Was filled with the Spirit.

oatmeal

Spirit of Christ and spirit of GOD and Holy Spirit are synonyms. The man Jesus isn't eternal spirit though He Was filled with the Spirit.

If they all refer to the same party, then who is the second party.

Remember, there are two parties in that passage.

Since you say Jesus Christ is not that spirit, but God is spirit, we must conclude that Jesus is not God.

But that is not the subject of this thread.

Can you answer these questions?

Who is the Lord?
Who did the Lord bruise?
Who is the Lord?
Who is the Lord?

How does your post get us any closer to answering my questions?

popsthebuilder

If they all refer to the same party, then who is the second party.

Remember, there are two parties in that passage.

Since you say Jesus Christ is not that spirit, but God is spirit, we must conclude that Jesus is not God.

But that is not the subject of this thread.

Can you answer these questions?

Who is the Lord?
Who did the Lord bruise?
Who is the Lord?
Who is the Lord?

How does your post get us any closer to answering my questions?
Okay.... Enough word games.

Please reference the scripture in question and then I will give you yet another answer.

Thank you.

oatmeal

Okay.... Enough word games.

Please reference the scripture in question and then I will give you yet another answer.

Thank you.

You are welcome

It is within the opening post.

I copied and paste below:

All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on HIM the iniquity of us all. He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth. He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken. And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth.
Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand. He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for HE shall bear their iniquities. - Isaiah 53:6-11

Who is being referred to in red letters?

Who is being referred to in green letters? The green does not show well.