Who will answer my questions?

Elia

Who is the Lord?

Bs"d

Wherever it is written in your translation "the LORD" with all capitals, there is written in the original Hebrew the four lettered name of God Y-H-W-H.

That is who is "the LORD".

Who did the Lord lay the iniquity of us all upon?

He laid it on the servant, which is metaphor for Israel.

Who is the Lord?

Wherever it is written in your translation "the LORD" with all capitals, there is written in the original Hebrew the four lettered name of God Y-H-W-H.

Who did the Lord bruise?

The LORD bruised the servant which is Israel.

Who is the Lord?

Who did the Lord put to grief?

The servant, which is Israel.

Who is the Lord?

Who soul did the Lord make be an offering for sin?

Nobody, wrong translation. It says: "When YOU will make his soul an offering for sin ..." So not God, but Israel must make its soul an offering for sin.

There is clearly two distinct parties here.

Who is the Lord and who is the other party?

The other party is the servant = Israel.

Interplanner

Bs"d

That is who is "the LORD".

He laid it on the servant, which is metaphor for Israel.

The LORD bruised the servant which is Israel.

The servant, which is Israel.

Nobody, wrong translation. It says: "When YOU will make his soul an offering for sin ..." So not God, but Israel must make its soul an offering for sin.

The other party is the servant = Israel.

In the 40 days after his resurrection, Christ taught that all such passages in the OT were to be seen about him. Thus Rom 15:8, "Christ became a servant to the Jews on behalf of God's truth, to confirm the promises made to the patriarchs, so that the Gentiles may glorify God for his mercy." (4 OT quotes follow). That 'end game' (to include Gentiles) is a huge help in understanding why things were done.

Likewise Rom 16:26, the Gospel was hidden within the scriptures, but now revealed SO THAT the nations might believe and obey...

They were meant all along to be read as about Christ or 'in Christ.'

Elia

In the 40 days after his resurrection, Christ taught that all such passages in the OT were to be seen about him. Thus Rom 15:8, "Christ became a servant to the Jews on behalf of God's truth, to confirm the promises made to the patriarchs, so that the Gentiles may glorify God for his mercy." (4 OT quotes follow). That 'end game' (to include Gentiles) is a huge help in understanding why things were done.

Likewise Rom 16:26, the Gospel was hidden within the scriptures, but now revealed SO THAT the nations might believe and obey...

They were meant all along to be read as about Christ or 'in Christ.'

Bs"d

And Mohammed taught it was about him. And David Koresh taught it was about him.

And I can teach it is about me.

Talking is cheap; people follow like sheep, even though there is nowhere to go.

I'm just telling you what Isaiah says.

Everybody can give his own spin to that, but I go by what Isaiah says.

God's Truth

Bs"d

And Mohammed taught it was about him. And David Koresh taught it was about him.

And I can teach it is about me.

Talking is cheap; people follow like sheep, even though there is nowhere to go.

I'm just telling you what Isaiah says.

Everybody can give his own spin to that, but I go by what Isaiah says.

Jesus showed many miracles as proof.

oatmeal

Friend..... Do you sincerely believe there is more than One Spirit that all else ultimately is from?

No, not at all.

God, who is the Holy Spirit and the God and Father of the lord Jesus Christ is the one and only Creator.

He created the heaven and earth for man to live and thrive in, but He did so most notably for His eventual son who would take upon himself the challenge to redeem mankind and succeed

God's Truth

No, not at all.

God, who is the Holy Spirit and the God and Father of the lord Jesus Christ is the one and only Creator.

He created the heaven and earth for man to live and thrive in, but He did so most notably for His eventual son who would take upon himself the challenge to redeem mankind and succeed

You said God who is the Holy Spirit.

That is right.

Now also believe the scriptures that say Jesus IS THE Spirit.

oatmeal

God the Father is Spirit. Jesus is the Spirit. What more do you need?

Jesus Christ is a human being.

Acts 2:22 I Timothy 2:5

He was a man in Acts 2:22 as a man approved of God and he is a man now who serves as the one mediator between God and men

Did you notice that scripture is the source for my statements?

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame

He was a man in Acts 2:22 as a man approved of God and he is a man now who serves as the one mediator between God and men

OK, you might know some scripture, as the Jews know it, but you are not a Christian!

TOL is a Christian forum, so do not try to convert other Christians to your faith,

oatmeal

OK, you might know some scripture, as the Jews know it, but you are not a Christian!

TOL is a Christian forum, so do not try to convert other Christians to your faith,

What scriptural proof do you have that I am not a Christian?

What is your definition of a Christian?

What is scriptures definition of a Christian?

What does scripture say we, in the age of grace, must do to be saved?

Have you done it that?

I have, therefore I am saved and have thus received the gift of eternal life and I know it. I John 5:13

Do you know if you have eternal life?

How do you know it?

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
What scriptural proof do you have that I am not a Christian?

What is your definition of a Christian?

What is scriptures definition of a Christian?

What does scripture say we, in the age of grace, must do to be saved?

Have you done it that?

I have, therefore I am saved and have thus received the gift of eternal life and I know it. I John 5:13

Do you know if you have eternal life?

How do you know it?

One must fully believe in the divinity of Christ; all the NT is based on salvation through Christ, The Godman,not some sinless man

God's Truth

Would you please show me the scripture that says " Jesus IS THE Spirit"

I have already given you those scriptures.

2 Corinthians 3:17 Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.

2 Corinthians 3:18 And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into His image with intensifying glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.

Revelation 2:7, 8, 11, 17, 29; 3:6, 13, 22; 14:13; 22:17.

God's Truth

Do you or do no not know we are flesh and also have our own spirit?

oatmeal

One must fully believe in the divinity of Christ; all the NT is based on salvation through Christ, The Godman,not some sinless man

Ah, of course, and you have the scriptures say

One must fully believe in the divinity of Christ

Would you please show us the scripture that says

One must fully believe in the divinity of Christ

????

Likewise could you show us the scripture that refers to Jesus Christ as

The Godman

????

I am sure looking forward to being able to read that right out of scripture!

then I would have reason to review my beliefs.

Am I really?

I am.

oatmeal

I have already given you those scriptures.

2 Corinthians 3:17 Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.

2 Corinthians 3:18 And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into His image with intensifying glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.

Revelation 2:7, 8, 11, 17, 29; 3:6, 13, 22; 14:13; 22:17.

I Corinthians 3:7 is the one you used to show that God the Father came in the flesh.

Is the Lord of I Cor 3:7 referring to God the Father, the Lord God, or to His son, the lord Jesus Christ?

oatmeal

Do you or do no not know we are flesh and also have our own spirit?

Well, are you saying that Jesus is spirit only?

or are you saying that Jesus Christ was body and soul and spirit?

Every believer is made of body and soul and spirit. I Thessalonians 5:23

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Ah, of course, and you have the scriptures say

Would you please show us the scripture that says

????

Likewise could you show us the scripture that refers to Jesus Christ as

????

I am sure looking forward to being able to read that right out of scripture!

then I would have reason to review my beliefs.

Am I really?

I am.

1And Saul, yet breathing out threatenings and slaughter against the disciples of the Lord, went unto the high priest, 2And desired of him letters to Damascus to the synagogues, that if he found any of this way, whether they were men or women, he might bring them bound unto Jerusalem. 3And as he journeyed, he came near Damascus: and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven: 4And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? 5And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks. 6And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do? And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do. 7And the men which journeyed with him stood speechless, hearing a voice, but seeing no man. 8And Saul arose from the earth; and when his eyes were opened, he saw no man: but they led him by the hand, and brought him into Damascus. 9And he was three days without sight, and neither did eat nor drink."

26Eight days later, His disciples were once again inside with the doors locked, and Thomas was with them. Jesus came and stood among them and said, “Peace be with you.” 27Then Jesus said to Thomas, “Put your finger here and look at My hands. Reach out your hand and put it into My side. Stop doubting and believe.” 28Thomas replied, “My Lord and my God!”

Now, if you do not believe, or attempt to argue against the truth, take you false ideas elsewhere.

glorydaz

Well, the law says we love God and keep his commandments. Are you opposed to that because we are not under the law any more?

I John 5:3 is plain, to keep his commandment is the love of God.

Stated in the negative, if we do not keep his commandments we do not love God.

I understand that we are not under the law for righteousness, I am well of the verses you listed to show that.

If you understand that Christ is the end of the law for righteousness for those who believe, why do you tell me that if we do not keep His commandments, we don't love God? Does that make sense to you, Oats?

However, just because we are not under the law of Moses for righteousness, that does not mean we reject what we can learn from the law.

What is it we learn from the law....other than we're guilty?

Is Adultery now acceptable because we are no longer under the law?

How about homosexuality or idolatry or murder? Are they now acceptable because we are no longer under the law?

That's a false dichotomy, and it misrepresents what being delivered from the law means. :mmph:

The law served it's purpose with believers when they turned to Christ for His mercy and Grace. It's justification of faith, rather than attempting to be justified by commandment keeping.

Do you want to walk by the spirit and love your neigbhor and thus fulfill the law?

It's not something I can do, but what Christ has done in all believers. The law is fulfilled in us by Christ's condemning sin in the flesh on the Cross. I certainly won't presume to claim he needed my help in that, will you?