Who was 1 Peter written to?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Can you see the word in the text of 1 Peter?

Gentiles -

See Nations, the

Gentiles

(Heb., usually in plural, goyim), meaning in general all nations except the Jews. In course of time, as the Jews began more and more to pride themselves on their peculiar privileges, it acquired unpleasant associations, and was used as a term of contempt.

After the church, where there is no jew or gentile in Christ, it just means everyone outside of Christ. One is no longer a jew or gentile in Christ.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Gentiles -

See Nations, the

Gentiles

(Heb., usually in plural, goyim), meaning in general all nations except the Jews. In course of time, as the Jews began more and more to pride themselves on their peculiar privileges, it acquired unpleasant associations, and was used as a term of contempt.

After the church, where there is no jew or gentile in Christ, it just means everyone outside of Christ. One is no longer a jew or gentile in Christ.

Do you believe all prophecy pertaining to Israel has already been fulfilled? Obviously the people of Israel, the Jews, still exist. I believe that they are still the people of God.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
When you say Gentiles, do you mean non-Christians or do you mean non-physical Jews?

I mean the nations other than Israel, or those who are either non-believers or not Jews. A Gentile is not a Jew. A Jew can be a Christian. But I don't believe Peter is necessarily speaking to Christians, but he is speaking to believers. Anyone can read, understand, and apply what he wrote to their lives. Those who believed Jesus to be the Messiah could be called Christians at some point in the first century (read Acts 11:26 NASB ), but I don't know that Peter did here. Maybe those who lived outside of the nation of Israel but who were unbelievers.

achduke

I mean the nations other than Israel, or those who are either non-believers or not Jews. A Gentile is not a Jew. A Jew can be a Christian. But I don't believe Peter is necessarily speaking to Christians, but he is speaking to believers. Anyone can read, understand, and apply what he wrote to their lives. Those who believed Jesus to be the Messiah could be called Christians at some point in the first century (read Acts 11:26 NASB ), but I don't know that Peter did here. Maybe those who lived outside of the nation of Israel but who were unbelievers.

Lev 19:34 'But the stranger who dwells among you shall be to you as one born among you, and you shall love him as yourself; for you were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the LORD your God.

Deu 10:19 "Therefore love the stranger, for you were strangers in the land of Egypt.

Lev 24:22 'You shall have the same law for the stranger and for one from your own country; for I am the LORD your God.' "

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Well I am not a preterist so I believe it was fulfilled during Christ, after Christ and most of the remnant will not come back until the end times.
By shortly thereafter I am referring to when the New Testament writings and 1 Peter in particular were written.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
No I believe they are still being grafted in.
The wild branches you mean.

Romans 11:24 NASB - 24 For if you were cut off from what is by nature a wild olive tree, and were grafted contrary to nature into a cultivated olive tree, how much more will these who are the natural branches be grafted into their own olive tree?

achduke

The wild branches you mean.

Romans 11:24 NASB - 24 For if you were cut off from what is by nature a wild olive tree, and were grafted contrary to nature into a cultivated olive tree, how much more will these who are the natural branches be grafted into their own olive tree?

Correct and natural branches also. Many Jews are still coming to Christ.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Correct and natural branches also. Many Jews are still coming to Christ.
I believe you are correct. There are Jews who are coming to Christ.

Please read all of Romans 11 if you are not already well acquainted with it.

achduke

I believe you are correct. There are Jews who are coming to Christ.

Please read all of Romans 11 if you are not already well acquainted with it.

Thank you, I do have an understanding of Romans 11.

Jer 31:31 "Behold, the days are coming," says the LORD, "when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah

Hos 2:16 "And it shall be, in that day," says the LORD, "That you will call Me 'My Husband,' and no longer call Me 'My Master,'

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Thank you, I do have an understanding of Romans 11.

Jer 31:31 "Behold, the days are coming," says the LORD, "when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah

Hos 2:16 "And it shall be, in that day," says the LORD, "That you will call Me 'My Husband,' and no longer call Me 'My Master,'
(What is) the new covenant?

The Bible speaks of the new covenant.

Jeremiah 31:31 NASB - 31 "Behold, days are coming," declares the LORD, "when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah,

The new covenant is spoken of in the new testament writings in the following locations.

Luke 22:20 NASB - 20 And in the same way He took the cup after they had eaten, saying, "This cup which is poured out for you is the new covenant in My blood.

1 Corinthians 11:25 NASB - 25 In the same way He took the cup also after supper, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in My blood; do this, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of Me."

2 Corinthians 3:6 NASB - 6 who also made us adequate as servants of a new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

Hebrews 8:8, 13 NASB - 8 For finding fault with them, He says, "BEHOLD, DAYS ARE COMING, SAYS THE LORD, WHEN I WILL EFFECT A NEW COVENANT WITH THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL AND WITH THE HOUSE OF JUDAH; ... 13 When He said, "A new covenant," He has made the first obsolete. But whatever is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to disappear.

Hebrews 9:15 NASB - 15 For this reason He is the mediator of a new covenant, so that, since a death has taken place for the redemption of the transgressions that were committed under the first covenant, those who have been called may receive the promise of the eternal inheritance.

Hebrews 12:24 NASB - 24 and to Jesus, the mediator of a new covenant, and to the sprinkled blood, which speaks better than the blood of Abel.