ECT Who is the man-child of Rev.12?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
And there is the issue these two passages appear to point to...

Rev 12:5 And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne. 12:6 And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days.

The Lord's 1st Advent, rejection and return to the Father, after which follows Israel's being persecuted, the Father's deliverance, and the Lord's return.

You're right.

Now if you would only realize " the Lord's return" part happened after the thousand two hundred and threescore days.

oatmeal

Revelation 12:1-17 KJV

And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars:

2 And she being with child cried, travailing in birth, and pained to be delivered.

3 And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads.

4 And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.

5 And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne.

6 And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days.

7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

8 And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.

9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.

11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

12 Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.

13 And when the dragon saw that he was cast unto the earth, he persecuted the woman which brought forth the man child.

14 And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent.

15 And the serpent cast out of his mouth water as a flood after the woman, that he might cause her to be carried away of the flood.

16 And the earth helped the woman, and the earth opened her mouth, and swallowed up the flood which the dragon cast out of his mouth.

17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Since the passage is filled with figures of speech as well as literal truths, until the figures are sorted out from what is literal, we must not conclude what cannot be supported.

Jesus Christ is the child/man child.

As far as being caught up, most certainly Jesus Christ's ascension into heaven is a very real possibility. However, that may not be the right answer.

Danoh

You're right.

Now if you would only realize " the Lord's return" part happened after the thousand two hundred and threescore days.

Lol, just had to set off my temptation in my flesh; didn't you? Very well, here goes..

O when the Romans,
The Roman Army.
O when the Romans,
The Roman army.

In 70 AD,
In 70 Ad.

O when the Romans
Come marchin in.
O LORD is that You
In their number.
O LORD is that You
That I see.

:)

Cross Reference

Revelation first and foremost is the revealing of one individual, Jesus Christ.

No. 1. Can't be, for a host of reasons. Why ignore them just to be right?

2. At what point in the delivery of the ALL of her children would Jesus have be recognized apart from the "remnant"? THINK!!

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I have, and the woman is the mother of the man child Christ Jesus, and the mother of those in Christ.

The woman is not Mary, she is the New Jerusalem:

(Gal 4:26) But the Jerusalem that is above is free, and she is our mother.

True.

Isa 66:7 Before she travailed, she brought forth; before her pain came, she was delivered of a man child.
Isa 66:8 Who hath heard such a thing? who hath seen such things? Shall the earth be made to bring forth in one day? or shall a nation be born at once? for as soon as Zion travailed, she brought forth her children.

LoneStar

Revelation 19:15 KJV
(15) And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
True.

Isa 66:7 Before she travailed, she brought forth; before her pain came, she was delivered of a man child.
Isa 66:8 Who hath heard such a thing? who hath seen such things? Shall the earth be made to bring forth in one day? or shall a nation be born at once? for as soon as Zion travailed, she brought forth her children.

:cheers:

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Rev 2:26-27 (KJV)

You have a dilemma.

This "he" rules the nations with a rod of iron, and it isn't Jesus Christ.

Rev 2:27 And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father.

Christ and His Saints--

Dan 7:13 I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him.
Dan 7:14 And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.

Dan 7:27 And the kingdom and dominion, and the greatness of the kingdom under the whole heaven, shall be given to the people of the saints of the most High, whose kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and all dominions shall serve and obey him.

LA

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Rev 2:27 And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father.

Christ and His Saints--

Dan 7:13 I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him.
Dan 7:14 And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.

Dan 7:27 And the kingdom and dominion, and the greatness of the kingdom under the whole heaven, shall be given to the people of the saints of the most High, whose kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and all dominions shall serve and obey him.

LA

Each person is their own dominion, which is who the people of the saints are.:)

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The man-child is the multi-membered 'single' Body of Jesus Christ, the one that goes un-noticed in society without hypocrisy. The True Church of God in Christ Jesus without dissimulation.

No.

The only manchild was Jesus Christ.

and she bought forth son male (early greek)

The Bible has insertions which are descriptions which are not un the immediate chronology--

Rev 12:1 And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars:
Rev 12:2 And she being with child cried, travailing in birth, and pained to be delivered.
Rev 12:3 And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon,xxxxx and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.
Rev 12:5 And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I have, and the woman is the mother of the man child Christ Jesus, and the mother of those in Christ.

The woman is not Mary, she is the New Jerusalem:

(Gal 4:26) But the Jerusalem that is above is free, and she is our mother.

Yes.

The woman is Heavenly Zion--

Heb 12:22 But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,
Heb 12:23 To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,
Heb 12:24 And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.

2Jn 1:1 The elder unto the elect lady and her children, whom I love in the truth; and not I only, but also all they that have known the truth;
2Jn 1:2 For the truth's sake, which dwelleth in us, and shall be with us for ever.
2Jn 1:3 Grace be with you, mercy, and peace, from God the Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of the Father, in truth and love.
2Jn 1:4 I rejoiced greatly that I found of thy children walking in truth, as we have received a commandment from the Father.
2Jn 1:5 And now I beseech thee, lady, not as though I wrote a new commandment unto thee, but that which we had from the beginning, that we love one another.

Jesus Christ was born out of Zion.

Rev 21:22 And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.
Rev 21:23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

LA

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
True.

Great verses but you're using them out of context.
They have nothing to do with the present church, but with a restored Israel in Zion/Jerusalem.