ECT Who is the man-child of Rev.12?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Obviously not Jesus Christ, but the "he" in the verses is the one who rules with a rod of iron.

The "he" in the verse is collective singular.

(Rev 2:29 KJV) He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I agree, it's a group of people.
They are called "he", and they rule with a rod of iron. As in verse 12.

They rule with Christ Jesus (the man child)

It's why the group of people are referred to as the woman's "rest of her offspring" in verse 17

SaulToPaul 2

They rule with Christ Jesus (the man child)

It's why the group of people are referred to as the woman's "rest of her offspring" in verse 17

That's not what it says.

Rev 2
26 And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:

27 And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
(John 12:31) Now is the time for judgment on this world; now the prince of this world will be driven out.

Where is the prince of this world driven out of?

Answer: Out of heaven, down to earth.

(Rev 12:12) Therefore rejoice, you heavens
and you who dwell in them!
But woe to the earth and the sea,
because the devil has gone down to you!
He is filled with fury,
because he knows that his time is short.

Satan's time was short. He was cast down to earth for 40 years (30AD to 70AD)

Then in 70AD, he was bound, and can no longer deceive the nations until the thousand years are over when he will be loosed for a little while.

Cross Reference

1 "And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars:"
2 "And she being with child cried, travailing in birth, and pained to be delivered."

Mary was never clothed as such. 2. She never cried out in travail while in birth pains. Ditto, Israel!

3 "And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads."
4 "And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born".

It is the domain from which Satan is finally cast out and limited to his endgame existence on Earth waiting to devour the man-child, the very elect of God, the disciples of Christ Jesus, those who have paid the price for son-ship in Him:"Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:" Ephesians 2:2 (KJV)
22 [But now],"In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit". Ephesians 2:22 (KJV)

For this Paul could have had it this way and never violate the Word of God : "For we [the elect] wrested not with flesh and blood [contending only with physical opponents], but against the despotisms, against the powers, against [the master spirits who are] the world rulers of this present darkness, against the spirit forces of wickedness in the heavenly (supernatural) sphere." Ephesians 6:12 (AMP) "Against the accusers of the brethren"!

5 And she brought forth a man child, [the very elect who would] rule all nations with a rod of iron [made ready to judge even the angels] "and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne.
6 And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God [the underground church], that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days".[3 1/2 yrs.] Revelation 12:1-6 (KJV)

[Emphasis mine]

SaulToPaul 2

Yes it does.

Who were the woman's other offspring?

The point of this endless arguing is this,

the man child is this "he":

Rev 2
26 And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:

27 And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The point of this endless arguing is this,

the man child is this "he":

Rev 2

No you're wrong

It's man child (singular) and the womans other offspring

SaulToPaul 2

No you're wrong

It's man child (singular) and the womans other offspring

You're wrong,

Rev 2

Cross Reference

The man-child is the multi-membered 'single' Body of Jesus Christ, the one that goes un-noticed in society without hypocrisy. The True Church of God in Christ Jesus without dissimulation.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You're wrong,

Rev 2

The woman has a man child (one person, singular), and then has other offspring.

Verses 26 and 27 speak of the "other offspring", not the one man child.

nikolai_42

Get on your mark, get set, . . . Go!!

Does this passage from Micah not hint strongly at being parallel with Rev 12?

Be in pain, and labour to bring forth, O daughter of Zion, like a woman in travail: for now shalt thou go forth out of the city, and thou shalt dwell in the field, and thou shalt go even to Babylon; there shalt thou be delivered; there the Lord shall redeem thee from the hand of thine enemies.
Micah 4:10

The seeming implication would be that the daughter of Zion is the woman - Israel - and the man-child is Jesus. Rev 12:5 certainly makes the man-child identification pretty hard to defy. And reading Rev 12:13 certainly seems to point towards Satan's persecution of Israel (both known and scattered).

Cross Reference

The woman has a man child (one person, singular), and then has other offspring.

Verses 26 and 27 speak of the "other offspring", not the one man child.

Does it not read: "HE who overcomes"? "HE" who of his crowd, He of the multitude He may even call brothers, "HE" who overcomes will I give . . . . ." The Man-child is all the "HE's" in the nominal church!

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Does it not read: "HE who overcomes"? "HE" who of his crowd, He of the multitude He may even call brothers, "HE" who overcomes will I give . . . . ." The Man-child is all the "HE's" in the nominal church!

All the "he's" above are in lower case in the KJV, so those "he's" don't refer to Christ Jesus. It is a collective singular that refers to the woman's "other offspring".

The man child is a singular person, it refers to Christ Jesus.

If the man child isn't different from the collective singular "he's", then there would be no "other offspring".

Cross Reference

All the "he's" above are in lower case in the KJV, so those "he's" don't refer to Christ Jesus. It is a collective singular that refers to the woman's "other offspring".

The man child is a singular person, it refers to Christ Jesus.

It doesn't fit!!!!!!

End of discussion.

Anyone else have credible understanding?