ECT WHO IS THE HEAD OF THE EKKLESIA TODAY ??

DAN P

0 Bible results for “ekklesia.”

Sorry, we didn’t find any results for your search. Please try the following:

Double-check spelling, especially people and place names.
Make sure there are spaces between words. Bible Gateway treats “nameoftheFather” and “name of the Father” differently.
Use fewer words in your search, especially if you’re unsure of the exact phrase. For example, “baptizing name Father” and “baptizing them in the name of the Father” will both return Matthew 28:19; however, the latter leaves a greater chance for spelling and syntax errors.
Retry your search in another translation.

King James Version (KJV)

by Public Domain

Hi and VINE'S DICTIONARY does not have the word " CHURCH "
ao look under ASSEMBLY for that is what EKKLESIA means !!

dan p

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The word "peter" is a Hebrew word meaning firstborn.

As Hebrews 12 says: "To the general assembly and church of the firstborn who are registered in heaven..." (Hebrews 12:23 NKJV)

glorydaz

The word "peter" is a Hebrew word meaning firstborn.

As Hebrews 12 says: "To the general assembly and church of the firstborn who are registered in heaven..." (Hebrews 12:23 NKJV)

Hmmm. I don't know about the Heb. quote, but I do see this one, and that is Christ, not Peter.

Colossians 1:17-19
And he is before all things, and by him all things consist. And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence. For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;​

DAN P

Already answered---and corrected---in Post #3 above.

Hi and your NONE-answer is Noted as always !!

Good to see you out there , so keep hanging on !!

And I was also talking to the Acts 2 people !!

Pentecost has been over for almost 2000 years , but they also can not count !!

dan p

turbosixx

Hi to all and some believe that Peter has the KEYS to the so-called historic church !!

In Matt 16:19 , Peter is given the KEYS not to a So-called church but given KEYS to the Kingdom of Heaven and that is a big difference !!

Jesus is the King of Israel and not Peter and in the Kingdom , Peter will sit with the 12 , on thrones and JUDGING Israel .

The Kingdom of Heaven is NOT the Body of Christ taught by the Risen Christ that was taught to our apostle of Grace , Paul !!

Verse 19 has many verbs in verse 16 and 4 of those verbs are YET to be fulfilled as they are in the FUTURE TENSE !!

This means that God is NOT workoing through the 12 Apoatles as they have YET to be seated on there THRONES , how simple is that !!

DAN P

Peter doesn't hold the keys, he distributes the keys. I understand the keys to be the gospel. When Peter preached the gospel on Pentecost, 3,000 souls were given the key to gained access into the kingdom that day.

Acts 2:41 So then, those who had received his word were baptized; and that day there were added about three thousand souls.

Jesus is the one and only head of the church. He bought it at a high price.
Acts 20:28.... to shepherd the church of God which He purchased with His own blood.

DAN P

turbosixx;44696 Acts 2:41 [I said:
So then, those who had received his word were baptized; and that day there were added about three thousand souls.[/I]
][/I]

Hi and in Acts 2:47 , the Lord was " ADDING " TO THE EKKLESIA / ASSEMBLY DAILY and ADDING is in the IMPERFECT TENSE , , ACTIVE VOICE and Indicative Mood of a FACT >

tHE iMPERFECT tENSE means it continued ONLY for a short time and then stooped , period !!

The Active Voice means that the subject " the Lord " was the one adding to that EKKLESIA / ASSEMBLY and no one else !!

dan p

turbosixx

Hi and in Acts 2:47 , the Lord was " ADDING " TO THE EKKLESIA / ASSEMBLY DAILY and ADDING is in the IMPERFECT TENSE , , ACTIVE VOICE and Indicative Mood of a FACT >

tHE iMPERFECT tENSE means it continued ONLY for a short time and then stooped , period !!

The Active Voice means that the subject " the Lord " was the one adding to that EKKLESIA / ASSEMBLY and no one else !!

dan p

I agree the Lord was adding.
Acts 2:47 praising God and having favor with all the people. And the Lord was adding to their number day by day those who were being saved.

Was anyone added before Pentecost?

OCTOBER23

CRUCIFORM IS THE HEAD OF HIS CHURCH TODAY.

CRUCIFORM LOVES HIS CHURCH .

Let us study his church and see if it is the True Church of the Bible.

1. Not Historically following Jesus .

2. Not Historically following the Gospel.

3. Studied and found wanting. Mene Mene Tekel

heir

TOL Subscriber
Already answered---and corrected---in Post #3 above.
You're the one who is in need of correction. Christ is the head of the Body and Paul is our apostle (Romans 11:13 KJV) and pattern (1 Timothy 1:16 KJV). We don't follow a pope (2 Corinthians 11:13-15 KJV). We follow Paul (1 Corinthians 4:15-16 KJV). Those who don't are spoiled (Colossians 2:8 KJV).

lifeisgood

Besides, Pope Francis said "And if at times our efforts and works seem to fail and produce no fruit, we need to remember that we are followers of Jesus… and his life, humanly speaking, ended in failure, the failure of the cross.

There are people suggesting that what the Pope said might have been taken out of context, or perhaps he meant something different. After I heard it and read his statement, I too, was SHOCKED. But, one must know, the translation was approved and released by the Vatican. Meaning, the news agency did not hire their own interpreter to translate the speech. So, did the pope say it? YES. Did he mean JESUS failed at the cross? Let’s examine all the facts.

Since the Vatican confirms the translation, that argument is null and void. All we have left is an ambiguous game of semantics, leaving many framing constructs of context. Is that how conversations go now a days, we just “GUESS” what someone means? Let’s look at the statement again: “And if at times our efforts and works seem to fail and produce no fruit, we need to remember that we are followers of Jesus… and his life, humanly speaking, ended in failure, the failure of the cross.”

https://heiscomingblog.wordpress.co...d-pope-francis-say-jesus-failed-at-the-cross/

Cruciform

You're the one who is in need of correction. Christ is the head of the Body and Paul is our apostle (Romans 11:13 KJV) and pattern (1 Timothy 1:16 KJV). We don't follow a pope (2 Corinthians 11:13-15 KJV). We follow Paul (1 Corinthians 4:15-16 KJV). Those who don't are spoiled (Colossians 2:8 KJV).
Post #3

lifeisgood

Besides, Pope Francis said "And if at times our efforts and works seem to fail and produce no fruit, we need to remember that we are followers of Jesus… and his life, humanly speaking, ended in failure, the failure of the cross.

There are people suggesting that what the Pope said might have been taken out of context, or perhaps he meant something different. After I heard it and read his statement, I too, was SHOCKED. But, one must know, the translation was approved and released by the Vatican. Meaning, the news agency did not hire their own interpreter to translate the speech. So, did the pope say it? YES. Did he mean JESUS failed at the cross? Let’s examine all the facts.

Since the Vatican confirms the translation, that argument is null and void. All we have left is an ambiguous game of semantics, leaving many framing constructs of context. Is that how conversations go now a days, we just “GUESS” what someone means? Let’s look at the statement again: “And if at times our efforts and works seem to fail and produce no fruit, we need to remember that we are followers of Jesus… and his life, humanly speaking, ended in failure, the failure of the cross.”

https://heiscomingblog.wordpress.co...d-pope-francis-say-jesus-failed-at-the-cross/

In fact, the pope is declaring that the blood of Jesus Christ does not atone, exactly as some in the Protestant world declare.

There is nothing worst then to follow a false way of salvation.

Cruciform

So there are two heads to two churches?
No. Jesus Christ is the ultimate Head of His Church, and He has appointed Peter and his successors as His earthly representatives to guide and teach the Church in His own name and by His very authority. That is the ecclesiology which has been believed and taught by Christ's one historic Church from the very beginning.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Cedarbay

No. Jesus Christ is the ultimate Head of His Church, and He has appointed Peter and his successors as His earthly representatives to guide and teach the Church in His own name and by His very authority. That is the ecclesiology which has been believed and taught by Christ's one historic Church from the very beginning.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+
The EO does not have a pope, so what is their governing ecclesial office? Maybe Arsenios will chime in if he's around. I find the schism between EO and RC a fascinating bit of history, each claiming to be the One, True, Church. Hey...Lutheran's of the Missouri Synod believe they are too, with their faith also based in the teachings of Christ and His Apostles. Scripture clearly teaches that the one, holy, Christian church are the Elect, both visible and invisible.

Last edited: