Who is Neg Repping Who and Why?

MarkA

Did you ever consider the possibility that maybe she negs you and Sky because she doesn't like you for your past and current behavior on this board?

there is a good thread started here about something like this,

it is called Forgiveness without Repentance, a good read for anyone when the post are on topic. :)

the board seems rather divided in there, not only about whether repentance is necessary, but about forgiveness as well in another sub-group.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Oh my! Why would I feel free to post in your town gazette when you love mentioning me in it? :rotfl:
That wasn't a rational posit. Why would you feel free to post in Quixote's? Because anyone posting in the spirit of the thread is welcome to. In the past I've given you pos rep for managing it.

I don't "love" mentioning you in it. I mostly don't, absent your trolling the thread. Your last trolling began on the 13th of this month. It wasn't in response to my mentioning you at all. I couldn't tell you the last time you were mentioned in Quixote's, let alone the Gazette.

I just went back over dozens of posts preceding your troll and you weren't so much as whispered of or at. Well into July before I stopped. Dozens of posts and Quixote's. I expect that last time was likely the last time you trolled it prior...around the 11th of last month.

So as rationalizations for trolling go that was a fail on your part.

The canned laughter at the end was...reSodtastic.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
whatever happened to that other thread TH? I used to like reading that one. :)
Observations? It's locked but still around. Just click under views in the And the Rest Section and it should be toward or at the top. It was getting a bit large and the trolls were circling too often, so I shut it down to preserve the record without what reSodected was becoming and started this one. It's essentially the same, though I'd hoped it might have a broader and different function early on. Such is life. :D

MarkA

Observations? It's locked but still around. Just click under views in the And the Rest Section and it should be toward or at the top. It was getting a bit large and the trolls were circling too often, so I shut it down to preserve the record without what reSodected was becoming and started this one. It's essentially the same, though I'd hoped it might have a broader and different function early on. Such is life. :D

that's a shame, it would be nice if the forum allowed you to lock a thread just to specific people (like those you might have on ignore for example)...or let you just have your personal thread like a blog no one else could post in, I would read your TOL blog about TOL. :)

So am I to understand that Quixote's is the new Observations great and small with the Gazette retaining the earlier function?

sky.

BANNED
Banned
Who is Neg Repping Who... August 19th, 2013 09:26 AM Tambora .

Morning stalker...:BRAVO::kookoo:

MarkA

I would post all the ones I am getting this morning, but I don't want to crash the server.

Ironically, bybee positive repped me for the same post another here negged..;)

I always liked bybee, she is not a follower but is free to form her own opinion. :)

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
that's a shame, it would be nice if the forum allowed you to lock a thread just to specific people (like those you might have on ignore for example)...or let you just have your personal thread like a blog no one else could post in, I would read your TOL blog about TOL. :)

So am I to understand that Quixote's is the new Observations great and small with the Gazette retaining the earlier function?
That's about the size of it. I've added a few new features, taking liberties with the newspaper notion. I have a racing report about my Cub Reporters thread, which tracks who is in route to reporting the most posts in a given month. Now and then I'll do an About Town highlighting other threads, that sort of thing. I may expand into Banning Obits at some point.

You get the idea. :cheers:

MarkA

That's about the size of it. I've added a few new features, taking liberties with the newspaper notion. I have a racing report about my Cub Reporters thread, which tracks who is in route to reporting the most posts in a given month. Now and then I'll do an About Town highlighting other threads, that sort of thing. I may expand into Banning Obits at some point.

You get the idea. :cheers:

will have to check it out,

that Observations thread used to save me a lot of time searching threads for the latest events. :cheers:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I think that from now on I'll keep a copy of all the reps you send. Then I'll publish them all in a few months and let all see your behavior.
Oh boy!
Yet more stupidity from Eeset.

bybee

I would post all the ones I am getting this morning, but I don't want to crash the server.

Ironically, bybee positive repped me for the same post another here negged..;)

I always liked bybee, she is not a follower but is free to form her own opinion. :)

Thank you.

WizardofOz

Following people around to neg rep them based on who they are and not what they post is immature.

If the neg is for the post, fine. I hope people only neg others based on the content of the post and not just because of the person who posted.

If you received negs, link to the post that was negged. Then it will be easy to tell if the serial neg reppers are forum stalkers as well. :thumb:

MarkA

ok, Wiz

here is the post bybee gave me a positive rep for;

post.

I won't say whom neg repped that same post, but I'm sure it ain't all that hard to figure out....

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
ok, Wiz

here is the post bybee gave me a positive rep for;

post.

I won't say whom neg repped that same post, but I'm sure it ain't all that hard to figure out....

IMHO, there are very few posts overall that are actually deserving of a neg rep ... such as:

Intentionally lying about another member or their views
Wishing harm on another member or their family members
Being cruel for the sake of cruelty

Having said that, I will always return a neg rep for those petty individuals who use the rep system for no other reason than to be an unpleasant troll.

MarkA

IMHO, there are very few posts overall that are actually deserving of a neg rep ... such as:

Having said that, I will always return a neg rep for those petty individuals who use the rep system for no other reason than to be an unpleasant troll.

well I do try and not do any of those things,

I don't think I have ever returned a negative rep with another for trolls, seems like putting ones finger into a leaky dike that is overflowing at the top, especially not logical when it would take 10 or more negative reps from me to equal to one of the trolls in question, I do have a life and have put away childish things.

I hold onto precious wisdom of the ages as Paul did Romans 12:19 to bring peace in the face of unmerited adversity.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame

See, you're arguing against your own premise with that one. Res/Sod hit nearly a hundred posts a day for quite a while doing a great bit of that. SD posts frequently, etc. :eek:

I agree, but I think using family as or for a negative should be out of bounds and actionable.

Hard one to enforce.

I agree. And for trolling activity, though I've also met each post on its merit, so I could pos rep one from someone regardless of our personal dislike if I saw a post that I thought merited it.

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
Did you ever consider the possibility that maybe she negs you and Sky because she doesn't like you for your past and current behavior on this board?
Obviously I am too stupid in your opinion and only react emotionally. Lets examine the numbers. For the last 10 months I receive an average of 2 or more neg reps daily from T. If I go silent she searches out older posts and continues sending neg reps. So, that is approximately 100 points times say 250 days or a total of around 25,000 in reduction to my rep power. Yeah sure that is not trolling. I'm a fool to think it isn't my fault. How stupid of me.