Who Here Chose To Be Heterosexual?

genuineoriginal

Furthermore, how could you *choose* to be homosexual if you're straight?

Someone that is straight can choose to be homosexual only when they delight in the frowardness of the wicked.

Proverbs 2:13-15
13 Who leave the paths of uprightness, to walk in the ways of darkness;
14 Who rejoice to do evil, and delight in the frowardness of the wicked;
15 Whose ways are crooked, and they froward in their paths:​

Arthur Brain

Someone that is straight can choose to be homosexual only when they delight in the frowardness of the wicked.

Proverbs 2:13-15
13 Who leave the paths of uprightness, to walk in the ways of darkness;
14 Who rejoice to do evil, and delight in the frowardness of the wicked;
15 Whose ways are crooked, and they froward in their paths:​

Er, that passage doesn't imply a conscious choice to be able to change orientation.....

I could choose to be promiscuous if I want. I've lusted plenty of times but only in regards to the opposite sex so you're on a fail right here....

My own gender does precisely nada to me in terms of attraction or anything else apart from friendship. I'm straight. It's not a choice.

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
I never made a conscious choice. When I entered puberty there was no doubt that I am heterosexual.

Quincy

I'm straight.

Thank goodness!!! I dare not think you're crooked :eek: . Hahahaha, I'd have to whittle you a fine cane! Just try not to use it on my smart alec self hahahaha.

To answer your question, being a bisexual, I have chosen to be in a heterosexual relationship. I fell in love with a woman and that is that. I certainly never chose to be bi though, so I guess I didn't really give you the answer you are looking for. My apologies :e4e: .

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What do you mean? My gender was determined by my parents. The same as all people.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Er, that passage doesn't imply a conscious choice to be able to change orientation.....

Your orientation is your gender, you vile disgusting faggot lover. To hell with you! :) You are not confused by my position on the matter are you?

Cruciform

Who Here Chose To Be Heterosexual? Furthermore, how could you *choose* to be homosexual if you're straight?
Let's place your questions in a different, though related, context:
Who here chose to be adulterers, fornicators, or pedophiles (or thieves, liars, or murderers, for that matter)?
It's important to note the qualitative difference between a condition of temptation (tendency, "orientation"), and any actions which might proceed from those temptations. The former is not necessarily sinful, while the latter are intrinsically sinful and morally wrong. Here is what the Church teaches on this point in the Catechism of the Catholic Church:
2357 Homosexuality refers to relations between men or between women who experience an exclusive or predominant sexual attraction toward persons of the same sex. It has taken a great variety of forms through the centuries and in different cultures. Its psychological genesis remains largely unexplained. Basing itself on Sacred Scripture, which presents homosexual acts as acts of grave depravity,141 tradition has always declared that "homosexual acts are intrinsically disordered."142 They are contrary to the natural law. They close the sexual act to the gift of life. They do not proceed from a genuine affective and sexual complementarity. Under no circumstances can they be approved.

2358 The number of men and women who have deep-seated homosexual tendencies is not negligible. This inclination, which is objectively disordered, constitutes for most of them a trial. They must be accepted with respect, compassion, and sensitivity. Every sign of unjust discrimination in their regard should be avoided. These persons are called to fulfill God's will in their lives and, if they are Christians, to unite to the sacrifice of the Lord's Cross the difficulties they may encounter from their condition.

2359 Homosexual persons are called to chastity. By the virtues of self-mastery that teach them inner freedom, at times by the support of disinterested friendship, by prayer and sacramental grace, they can and should gradually and resolutely approach Christian perfection.

http://www.vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive/catechism/p3s2c2a6.htm#II

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

141 Cf. Gen 191-29; Rom 124-27; 1 Cor 6:10; 1 Tim 1:10.
142 CDF, Persona humana 8.

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
Who here chose to be adulterers, fornicators, or pedophiles (or thieves, liars, or murderers, for that matter)?

Yes! :thumb:

and I agree wholeheartedly with the catechism when it says:
Under no circumstances can they (homosexual acts) be approved.

but can you apply the following to adulterers, fornicators, pedophiles, thieves, liars, or murderers?
They must be accepted with respect, compassion, and sensitivity. Every sign of unjust discrimination in their regard should be avoided.

Arthur Brain

Your orientation is your gender, you vile disgusting faggot lover. To hell with you! :) You are not confused by my position on the matter are you?

Eh, I don't love faggots at all Nicky. In fact I wish they'd take my name off this culinary produce altogether....:mmph:

faggots.jpg

As to the 'orientation being gender' portion then, no, I'm not confused...but it would certainly seem you are....

:freak:

Arthur Brain

It's important to note the qualitative difference between a condition of temptation (tendency, "orientation"), and any actions which might proceed from those temptations. The former is not necessarily sinful, while the latter are intrinsically sinful and morally wrong. Here is what the Church teaches on this point in the Catechism of the Catholic Church:
2357 Homosexuality refers to relations between men or between women who experience an exclusive or predominant sexual attraction toward persons of the same sex. It has taken a great variety of forms through the centuries and in different cultures. Its psychological genesis remains largely unexplained. Basing itself on Sacred Scripture, which presents homosexual acts as acts of grave depravity,141 tradition has always declared that "homosexual acts are intrinsically disordered."142 They are contrary to the natural law. They close the sexual act to the gift of life. They do not proceed from a genuine affective and sexual complementarity. Under no circumstances can they be approved.

2358 The number of men and women who have deep-seated homosexual tendencies is not negligible. This inclination, which is objectively disordered, constitutes for most of them a trial. They must be accepted with respect, compassion, and sensitivity. Every sign of unjust discrimination in their regard should be avoided. These persons are called to fulfill God's will in their lives and, if they are Christians, to unite to the sacrifice of the Lord's Cross the difficulties they may encounter from their condition.

2359 Homosexual persons are called to chastity. By the virtues of self-mastery that teach them inner freedom, at times by the support of disinterested friendship, by prayer and sacramental grace, they can and should gradually and resolutely approach Christian perfection.

http://www.vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive/catechism/p3s2c2a6.htm#II

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

141 Cf. Gen 191-29; Rom 124-27; 1 Cor 6:10; 1 Tim 1:10.
142 CDF, Persona humana 8.

You're conflating action with attraction with this. To commit a homosexual act one would need to be attracted to the same gender. So where is the choice in that? That's what this thread is about.