ECT WHO HAS AUTHORITY TO APPOINT ELDERS ?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
So you can understand scripture without divine revelation?

Keep avoiding my point. It is not about the trinity. It is about how you reason with your doctrines. It is so inconsistent.

At least Catholics are consistent with their traditional extra biblical faith. But Trinitarians are inconsistent.

drbrumley

Keep avoiding my point. It is not about the trinity. It is about how you reason with your doctrines. It is so inconsistent.

At least Catholics are consistent with their traditional extra biblical faith. But Trinitarians are inconsistent.

Um, I am not reasoning...It is just there whether you want to believe it or not.

Turn to Genesis 1:1.“In the beginning _____ created the heaven and the earth.”

The word here for God is what? And what its' importance is?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Um, I am not reasoning...It is just there whether you want to believe it or not.

Turn to Genesis 1:1.“In the beginning _____ created the heaven and the earth.”

The word here for God is what? And what its' importance is?

Keep avoiding the point I am making.

You can have the last word.

good day.

drbrumley

Keep avoiding the point I am making.

You can have the last word.

good day.

Again, you haven't shown any inconsistency on my part. You mention purgatory but purgatory is not even implied in scripture, so try again. Oh you just ran away again as you always do.

Cruciform

So where's the implication....or are you just wanting to add something there that isn't? Or you haven't even read what you shared and just shared catholic propaganda?
Your claim was that purgatory is "not even implied in Scripture." The source cited in Post #167 directly refutes that claim. Purgatory is indeed at least implied in Scripture. The point stands.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

everready

Purgatory is an Impossibility

Charles Spurgeon

Be not deceived about it, you are either on the way to heaven or on the road to hell. There is no purgatory or middle condition…

Purgatory is an impossibility, if full assurance be possible.

For what does Rome offer when you have done all? Purgatory and its pains! It tells you that when you have done all, you may have to lie for hundreds of years in a place of misery till you have been purged from sin.

Be not deceived about it, you are either on the way to heaven or on the road to hell. There is no purgatory or middle condition in the next world Purgatory is an invention of the Pope for the filling of his cellar and his larder; and no more profitable speculation has ever been set agoing than the saying of masses and the robbing of dupes, under the pretence of altering that state which is fixed for ever.

Purgatory Pickpurse was the name the first reformers gave it. You will go to heaven or to hell, and you will remain in one place or the other; for you have either a character that is fit for heaven or a character that is fit for hell, and there is no character which can be supposed, if we understand the Scriptures aright, which would be fit for a middle place, neither is there any middle place prepared for it.

I have no authentic communication by which to describe purgatory, but by Romish report it is a terrible place; now, if true believers go there, then God either does remember their sins, which he says he will not do; or else he punishes them for sins which he does not recollect.

Charles Spurgeon

http://www.pilgrimspassage.org/?p=1694

everready

DAN P

Charles Spurgeon

Be not deceived about it, you are either on the way to heaven or on the road to hell. There is no purgatory or middle condition…

For what does Rome offer when you have done all? Purgatory and its pains! It tells you that when you have done all, you may have to lie for hundreds of years in a place of misery till you have been purged from sin.

Be not deceived about it, you are either on the way to heaven or on the road to hell. There is no purgatory or middle condition in the next world Purgatory is an invention of the Pope for the filling of his cellar and his larder; and no more profitable speculation has ever been set agoing than the saying of masses and the robbing of dupes, under the pretence of altering that state which is fixed for ever.

Purgatory Pickpurse was the name the first reformers gave it. You will go to heaven or to hell, and you will remain in one place or the other; for you have either a character that is fit for heaven or a character that is fit for hell, and there is no character which can be supposed, if we understand the Scriptures aright, which would be fit for a middle place, neither is there any middle place prepared for it.

I have no authentic communication by which to describe purgatory, but by Romish report it is a terrible place; now, if true believers go there, then God either does remember their sins, which he says he will not do; or else he punishes them for sins which he does not recollect.

Charles Spurgeon

everready

Hi and PURGATORY is like the promise of 70 Virgins when you die !!

dan p

DAN P

Hi and yes both meant to rob Christ of his victory at Calvary.

everready

Hi and we see why man made religions are SEDUCTIVE and look at all the people who FALL for PURGATORY and 70 VIRGINS , without Proof ??

It's all about the money , don't you see !!

dan p

Puppet

BANNED
Banned
Charles Spurgeon

Charles Spurgeon

everready

Spurgeon was right. The Works of the RCC's traditional rituals never sends a soul to heaven. Works never, never produces faith