Who Do You Love/what do you love?

bybee

Love/love two different categories?
Love God! Love your Neighbor! These commands seem to be categorical imperatives which appear throughout human history.
Life is precious. We do not create it. But we are able to maintain and sustain it.
I suspect the love of things originates with the necessities of survival. Tools and weapons, gardens and gatherings, shelters, fire and water all necessary for life to be maintained.
Language is necessary for communal effort. An eloquent speaker entertains, inspires, frightens, leads others.
A good leader works for the good of his community.
There is and always has been the wannabe leader who hasn't the skills necessary for leadership who works to usurp a good leader through deviousness and/or force.
This kind of leader has fallen into the love of power, which is a thing, and is blinded to the Love of God and Neighbor.

Jesus teaches that when "That Love which passes all understanding" is the basis for our thoughts, words and deeds we need not worry about our place in the world.
And most certainly we have no business envying others who have more things than we have. Rather seek to emulate the Good Leader.
I'm rambling here. Blessings to all.

Truster

Looking at the posts on here it seems as if people love entertainment, sports and general time consuming nonsense.

bybee

Looking at the posts on here it seems as if people love entertainment, sports and general time consuming nonsense.

Yet there is also some wonderful exposition of Scripture by some very learned people.
I've learned a good deal on this forum and have examined my beliefs in more depth because of them.