Whiny Atheists

WizardofOz

Atheism is NOT a religion.

I never said it was. :idunno:

There is nothing idiotic about the suggestion though:

The atheist group said that they have contacted the 9/11 Memorial and Museum requesting to display their own atheistic memorial next to the steel-shaped cross, possibly in the form of an atom

And then get a menorah and a kinara and the flying spaghetti monster likely won't be far behind.

drbrumley

Silent Hunter is an atheist?

I'm sure glad Silent you know ALL there is to know to make a statement like there is NO GOD

Silent Hunter

I never said it was.
Your implication was clear.

There is nothing idiotic about the suggestion though:

The atheist group said that they have contacted the 9/11 Memorial and Museum requesting to display their own atheistic memorial next to the steel-shaped cross, possibly in the form of an atom

And then get a menorah and a kinara and the flying spaghetti monster likely won't be far behind.
:thumb:

WizardofOz

Your implication was clear.
Gotcha, an atheist monument to the atom is a-OK but the flying spaghetti monster has religious overtones that make you a bit uncomfortable.

If the relief workers had found beams that resemble these and made a shrine of sorts out of them then absolutely they should be included as part of the history of the WTC disaster cleanup.

As it is, forcing them in simply for inclusion is just silly without a historical context tying them to the event, which the t-beam cross already has.

If the workers found strength in a stuffed animal or steel that resembled an atom and they propped up it would have equal historical value. But, that's not what actually occurred.

noguru

I'm an agnostic atheist . . . look it up . . . or are you going to be like the rest of christendom and tell me what I think too?

Hey, easy there. I understand atheism/agnosticism. I use to be one, and I thought very thoroughly about my belief options (in regard to God) when I was.

I was just like you in that regard. I was a agnostic/atheist for the most part. Meaning since I had no empirical evidence for a God, I wrote it off as "highly unlikely" or just "unknown". Occasionally, when confronted with the sheer stupidity of people who claimed to be Christian, I thought "there is definitely not a God". I admit that later extension based on foolish "Christian's" was a fallacious argument.

Silent Hunter

Gotcha, an atheist monument to the atom is a-OK but the flying spaghetti monster has religious overtones that make you a bit uncomfortable.

If the relief workers had found beams that resemble these and made a shrine of sorts out of them then absolutely they should be included as part of the history of the WTC disaster cleanup.

As it is, forcing them in simply for inclusion is just silly without a historical context tying them to the event, which the t-beam cross already has.

If the workers found strength in a stuffed animal or steel that resembled an atom and they propped up it would have equal historical value. But, that's not what actually occurred.
So much straw . . . so little time.

Silent Hunter

Hey, easy there. I understand atheism/agnosticism. I use to be one, and I thought very thoroughly about my belief options (in regard to God) when I was.

I was just like you in that regard. I was a agnostic/atheist for the most part. Meaning since I had no empirical evidence for a God, I wrote it off as "highly unlikely" or just "unknown". Occasionally, when confronted with the sheer stupidity of people who claimed to be Christian, I thought "there is definitely not a God". I admit that later extension based on foolish "Christian's" was a fallacious argument.
So . . . are you an agnostic theist?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Indeed ... this is actually one of the few honest arguments I have seen in regards to the existence of the Christian God. You get it.

WizardofOz

The first sentence was humorous. However, I rarely respond to straw man arguments and refuse to do so now.

You're seeing things. Beyond the humor, there was no straw.

See? No straw :thumb:

BTW - what does "GFY" stand for? I assume it's an acronym...did you have a bad day yesterday or what? :(