ECT WHEN WAS PETER SAVED BY LAW OR GRACE ??

Wick Stick

Prior to 70AD, believers were marked with a seal until the day of redemption.

(Eph 1:13) And you also were included in Christ when you heard the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation. When you believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit,

(Eph 4:30) And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.

Paul knew they had to wait for the redemption:

(Rom 8:23) Not only so, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for our adoption to sonship, the redemption of our bodies.
So, their bodies were redeemed in 70AD?

o_O

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
So, their bodies were redeemed in 70AD?

o_O

No, all those who had died prior to 70AD had their bodies redeemed in 70AD.

Believers after 70AD have their bodies redeemed when they die. After death, they are instantly in the presence of the Lord with a redeemed body.

It's been like one continuous rapture since 70AD. That's what Paul meant when he said "those of us who are alive and remain" will meet them in the air.

SaulToPaul 2

When?

Did 1 Cor 15:1-4 exist when Paul was saved?

Can you give a verse that shows when Paul was saved?

I don't have any reason to believe that it wasn't Acts 9. The forgiveness of sins comes through the gospel, the same gospel that Paul received is the one he preached.

Acts 26
16 But rise, and stand upon thy feet: for I have appeared unto thee for this purpose, to make thee a minister and a witness both of these things which thou hast seen, and of those things in the which I will appear unto thee;

17 Delivering thee from the people, and from the Gentiles, unto whom now I send thee,

18 To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I don't have any reason to believe that it wasn't Acts 9.

Can you show us where in Acts 9?

Don't you think it would be a very big event? Considering you guys claim Paul was the very first person in the BOC?

The forgiveness of sins comes through the gospel, the same gospel that Paul received is the one he preached.

The Disciples know that Christ Jesus was going to be a sacrifice, and take away the sins of the world long before Paul.

(John1:29) The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, "Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!

SaulToPaul 2

The Disciples know that Christ Jesus was going to be a sacrifice, and take away the sins of the world long before Paul.

(John1:29) The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, "Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!

:chuckle:

The scapegoat "taketh away the sins".

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
:chuckle:

The scapegoat "taketh away the sins".

JTB didn't call Him a goat, he called Him a lamb.

HINT:

(Gen 22:7 KJV) And Isaac spake unto Abraham his father, and said, My father: and he said, Here am I, my son. And he said, Behold the fire and the wood: but where is the lamb for a burnt offering?

DAN P

Can you show us where in Acts 9?

Don't you think it would be a very big event? Considering you guys claim Paul was the very first person in the BOC?

Hi and STP is right , that Paul was saved in Acts 9:6 , so IF Paul was the PATTERN IN 1 Tim 1:15 and 16 , why do you not know how he was saved !!

If you claim to be saved , you should know the Pattern ??

Explain how you were saved ??

dan p

Last edited:

SaulToPaul 2

JTB didn't call Him a goat, he called Him a lamb.

HINT:

(Gen 22:7 KJV) And Isaac spake unto Abraham his father, and said, My father: and he said, Here am I, my son. And he said, Behold the fire and the wood: but where is the lamb for a burnt offering?

It wasn't for sins.

God's Truth

Hi to all and many still do not know how we are saved , or How Paul and anyone is saved during the AGE of GRACE !!

Luke 22:32 reads , And the Lord said , Simon , Simon , , behold Satan hath desired to have you , that he may sift you as wheat !

But I have prayed for thee , that thy faith FAIL NOT and when thou ART CONVERTED , strengthened thy brethren !!~

#1, Would you like to know that Christ is praying for you and that your FAITH FAIL NOT !~~

#2 , And when you are CONVERTED , and what does this mean ?

CONVERTED / EPISTREPO means Turn back , be converted , turn again , Return , return to obedience of God !!

We are saved by the MYSTERY and believe in our HEARTS , God gives the GIFT of Faith we believe and receive the Holy Spirit and are saved , OSAS !!

#3 , We see that Peter would deny the Lord 3 times and Jesus would be taken to be crucify Jesus and then was CONVERTED after Jesus resurrection , when Peter saw the Jesus in Luke 24:34 !!

We also know that Peter and the LITTLE FLOCK were NOT saved by GRACE as Acts 15:11 says , But we believe through the GRACE of ( THE ) Lord Jesus Christ to be saved as THEY also !!

We also see that Peter was keeping the LAW of MOSES and wanted Gentiles to ADOPT Jewish CUSTOMS and RITES in Gal 2:14 is the REASON Paul CHEWED Peter out !!

dan p

Peter was saved by Jesus Christ that is to be saved by grace.

Peter denied Jesus three times OUT OF FEAR of the Jews.

Peter later acted out of line with the truth out of fear of the Jews.

We are not once saved always saved no matter what.

Peter was reinstated after denying Jesus three times.

We always have to repent for doing wrong.

God's Truth

Hi and STP is right , that Paul was saved in Acts 9:6 , so IF Paul was the PATTERN IN 1 Tim 1:15 and 16 , why do you not know how he was saved !!

If you claim to be saved , you should know the Pattern ??

Explain how you were saved ??

dan p

Paul was NOT yet saved on the road to Damascus, even though that is where he believed in Jesus!

Paul's conversion is proof that faith alone is dead.

Paul had to do what Jesus said to do to be saved; he also did not eat or drink for three days and spent that time praying. Can you imagine what those prayers must have been like? Paul probably begged God for forgiveness, for he had His Saints put in jail, tortured, and put to death.

Truster

Yes, Isaac was before the law of Moses.

You're missing the point.

JTB called Jesus the lamb who takes away the sins of the world.

God promised that when the NC was made, He would remember their sins no more.

John said "Behold the Lamb of Elohim which taketh away the sin of the world". John was pointing to the conversion of the Gentiles. This was something new and very strange. The term world denotes the nations of the world and not just Israel.

DAN P

Paul was NOT yet saved on the road to Damascus, even though that is where he believed in Jesus!

Paul's conversion is proof that faith alone is dead.

Paul had to do what Jesus said to do to be saved; he also did not eat or drink for three days and spent that time praying. Can you imagine what those prayers must have been like? Paul probably begged God for forgiveness, for he had His Saints put in jail, tortured, and put to death.

Hi and , THEN when was Paul saved and what is the PATTERN that is mentioned in 1 Tim 1:15 and 16 ?

Or tells us how you where saved and was it by FAITH or by what ??

dan p

God's Truth

Hi and , THEN when was Paul saved and what is the PATTERN that is mentioned in 1 Tim 1:15 and 16 ?

Paul had to OBEY Jesus:

Acts 9:5 "Who are you, Lord?" Saul asked. "I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting," he replied.

6 but get up and enter the city, and it will be told you what you must do."…

Paul went, he fasted; he did not eat or drink anything for three days.

Acts 9:9 And he was three days without sight, and neither ate nor drank.

Paul spent this time praying. If you do not think that Paul spent this time begging for forgiveness and repenting, then you would be badly mistaken.

Acts 9:11 The Lord told him, "Go to the house of Judas on Straight Street and ask for a man from Tarsus named Saul, for he is praying.

When Paul had his vision restored to him, he was told to get up, be baptized and wash his sins away, calling on the Lord.

When people were baptized with water that was symbolic of having their sins washed away, after they repented.

In addition, people came out of the water after repenting and being baptized, they called upon the name of the Lord.

We are told to believe, and repent, and to call upon the name of the Lord.

Or tells us how you where saved and was it by FAITH or by what ??

dan p

I was saved by doing exactly as Jesus said.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
sin --- singular John 1:29

sins --- plural Heb 8:12

(John 1:29) And the day after, Yohannan saw Yeshua Who came to him and Yohannan said: “Behold, The Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world!”

(Heb 10:17 KJV) And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.

Maybe if you weren't so busy reporting people in woodshed, you'd have time to study.