When men are to keep silent. Women are to keep silent.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The "Church" started with Paul being saved (Acts 9), ends @ Rapture.

The church started with the exodus of God's people out of Egypt.

"For they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them, and that Rock was Christ." (1 Corinthians 10:4)

God's Truth

Acts 11:25 Then Barnabas went to Tarsus to look for Saul, 26 and when he found him, he brought him to Antioch. So for a whole year Barnabas and Saul met with the church and taught great numbers of people. The disciples were called Christians first at Antioch.

Barnabas was WITH PETER and then later went to look for Saul and for a whole year Barnabas and Saul met with the church and taught and were called Christians.

If Paul taught something different later then maybe you who believe that should stop calling yourself Christian? If Paul taught a different gospel then why was the meeting together called 'church' before Paul?

God's Truth

Hey girl, I see that you get a lot of flak on here from a lot of people and they are unnecessarily rude to you. I know that we disagree on many points but if you would like, I would like to have a nice chat with you and find out what your faith looks like so that I can have a better understanding of it and also get to know you as a person. Maybe it would also help others to see you as a human being who deserves respect just as much as anyone else and maybe they can also see where your coming from so instead of attacking they can have an understanding. It's up to you but if like to get to know you because even though we disagree on a lot we also agree on a lot and it would be nice to chat

What a great heart you have. I would be honored.

beameup

Paul is the minister to Jesus' gospel, the gospel Jesus preached when he walked the earth.
Paul preached the same gospel that Peter preached.

You won't find the Gospel of Grace until Paul's Epistles.
Using only the 4 gospels, show us where Jesus himself taught
the Gospel of Grace (NOT the Gospel of the Kingdom).

meshak

BANNED
Banned
He came unto his own, and his own received him not.
He saved Paul to minister to the Gentiles.
Soon Jews will realize their error;
that is when Jesus message will finally
bear fruit. Read Matt ch. 24 for example.
You can "read other people's mail",
but it still is not addressed to you.

So you dismiss Jesus' word.

You are in the wrong path, friend.

beameup

So you dismiss Jesus' word.
No, I don't dismiss Jesus word as recorded in the four Gospels.
Neither do I dismiss the Old Testament.
They were written to Jews (ie: Hebrews), not Gentiles.

If I want scripture that is specifically written TO ME,
then I read Romans --> Philemon and apply what I read there
for my personal edification. I don't pretend I'm a Jew,
and follow the rules of the Old Testament.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Herbert W. Armstrong's "Replacement Theology" of the Worldwide Church of God. :kookoo:

I don't believe the church replaced Israel.

It seems like you have confused Armstrong with John Hagee.

Maybe that's who you are thinking of.

Why would Armstrong think Israel has been replaced?

God's Truth

You won't find the Gospel of Grace until Paul's Epistles.
Using only the 4 gospels, show us where Jesus himself taught
the Gospel of Grace (NOT the Gospel of the Kingdom).

The gospel of grace is Jesus.

Jesus was full of grace and came with grace.

Jesus taught faith.

The old law was not based on faith.

Jesus taught how to get in his body.

The meeting places before Paul were called 'church'.

There are separate kingdoms and separate good news and separate gospels.

Tnkrbl123!

Yep, as it should be.

I'm not really up to date on what goes on on here especially because I just came back on here after being gone since March this year. Would you mind explaining your viewpoint to me because I am really not sure about anyone's history on here, and I do know there is a long history between people lol.
I just have recently been really moved by the Holy Spirit to soften my heart towards people who do not share my view and to try to understand where they are coming from because after all we are all humans and have feelings and emotions that are not easily expressed in the day with technology and social media and is especially hard to get to know the person behind the belief especially online. And the best way of having a respectful dialogue is to try to put myself in others shoes to see where they are coming from and why they believe the things they do. I have a really strong feeling of this being important to do at this point in my life and this is what I am trying to do.
I wouldn't mind your insight though, that would be lovely

Tnkrbl123!

What a great heart you have. I would be honored.

I just have had a big realization that it's important to get to know the human being and who they are and not judge someone simply on what they believe because the only way to have a relationship and be able to have an open and productive dialogue is knowing the individual and try not to put someone in a box because they believe differently than me.
I am not sure how to start a these so if you would like to do so and then add me to the conversation I'd love to have a good talk!

God's Truth

I just have had a big realization that it's important to get to know the human being and who they are and not judge someone simply on what they believe because the only way to have a relationship and be able to have an open and productive dialogue is knowing the individual and try not to put someone in a box because they believe differently than me.
I am not sure how to start a these so if you would like to do so and then add me to the conversation I'd love to have a good talk!

To start a thread just go to Religions, then click on Post New Thread. Let me know you have it going in case I miss it.