ECT What's MAD?

john w

Hall of Fame
Joh_1:29 "The next day he saw Jesus coming toward him, and said, "Behold, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!" (ESV)

This is bearing infirmities, sicknesses......not as the sin offering. Even John the B did not know that He would die for our sins, as "things were not working out" as the Baptist had expected-hence, his question:

John 7

17 And this rumour of him went forth throughout all Judaea, and throughout all the region round about.

18 And the disciples of John shewed him of all these things.

19 And John calling unto him two of his disciples sent them to Jesus, saying, Art thou he that should come? or look we for another?

20 When the men were come unto him, they said, John Baptist hath sent us unto thee, saying, Art thou he that should come? or look we for another?

21 And in that same hour he cured many of their infirmities and plagues, and of evil spirits; and unto many that were blind he gave sight.

22 Then Jesus answering said unto them, Go your way, and tell John what things ye have seen and heard; how that the blind see, the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, the deaf hear, the dead are raised, to the poor the gospel is preached.

23 And blessed is he, whosoever shall not be offended in me.

John the B's question made no sense, if He knew that his master was going to die. That would be "good news." And yet, he had no idea.

1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV "the gospel":

Death
Burial
Resurrection

Vs.

Luke 18 KJV

31 Then he took unto him the twelve, and said unto them, Behold, we go up to Jerusalem, and all things that are written by the prophets concerning the Son of man shall be accomplished.

32 For he shall be delivered unto the Gentiles, and shall be mocked, and spitefully entreated, and spitted on:

33 And they shall scourge him, and put him to death: and the third day he shall rise again.

34 And they understood none of these things: and this saying was hid from them, neither knew they the things which were spoken.

ARMcCarley

1Co 1:12 What I mean is that each one of you says, "I follow Paul,"or "I follow Apollos," or "I follow Cephas," or "I follow Christ."
1Co 1:13 Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Or were you baptized in the name of Paul? (ESV)

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
1Co 1:12 What I mean is that each one of you says, "I follow Paul,"or "I follow Apollos," or "I follow Cephas," or "I follow Christ."
1Co 1:13 Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Or were you baptized in the name of Paul? (ESV)

You're ONLY 21? Isn't it past your bedtime? Don't forget
your cookies and milk youngster?

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Gospel was a word used by a military person to shout to a city of citizens hiding behind a wall during a siege. "Gospel"!

The enemy has been vanquished and those within the walls are now safe.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
The gospel of the kingdom was preached prior to Mt12 and the unpardonable sin. It was simply the offer by Yeshua of the kingdom reign of the Messiah from whence Israel would be the head of the nations and all Israel would be saved. That is why I do not accept mad because they do not understand the kingdom program which was legitimately offered to Israel by their Messiah.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
"The kingdom of heaven is within you"
Meant He was offering to set up that kingdom at that time.
Even tho God foreknew that He would be rejected Yeshus still needed to make a real offer.