What's Happened To The TOL Topic Of The Day?

Arthur Brain

Not sure what would be a good topic. Any suggestions? Anyone?

How to make bread without flour?

How to be a complete crank and take pride in it?

How to create useless threads and not be ashamed of them?

Okay, none of those were useful suggestions so hopefully someone else can do worse...

:plain:

Arthur Brain

Can we start our own topic of the day thread or are they chosen by admin ?

I think they have to be chosen by admin. Think about it, supposing some nut were to start a thread regarding the apparent alluring appeal of shredded wheat or how everyone in Lebanon is responsible for typhoid...

etc etc...

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
How to make bread without flour?

How to be a complete crank and take pride in it?

How to create useless threads and not be ashamed of them?

Okay, none of those were useful suggestions so hopefully someone else can do worse...

:plain:

I do not think Knight would like those?:think:

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
Songs that hold a special meaning (to members) and the story behind why it is special.

I like that one. After my maternal grandfather died, having by then being diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease, I was googling depressing heavy metal songs so that I could feel something and find some kind of expression for my loss. I came across this song, and it basically perfectly expressed how I was feeling at the time.

Even now, whenever I listen to it, I still can't help but think about him.

One Last Goodbye

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
At this rate it's gonna be a month...

Thoughts?
Beats aCWs' topic about gays...that one hasn't changed in years. :plain:

I once created a thread for purposeful miscasting of classic movies, new and old...I may have to do that again.

Twelve Angry Men: Kristen Wiig, Mindy Kaling, Melissa McCarthy, Betty White, Quvenzhané Wallis, Sofia Vergara, Meryl Streep (in four roles) and Tyler James Williams, inexplicably.

And yes, to add that ironic, hard twist, there are only eleven.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I like that one. After my maternal grandfather died, having by then being diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease, I was googling depressing heavy metal songs so that I could feel something and find some kind of expression for my loss. I came across this song, and it basically perfectly expressed how I was feeling at the time.

Even now, whenever I listen to it, I still can't help but think about him.

There are quite a few songs that bring bitter sweet memories because they remind me of the loved one's I've lost. There are also songs I relate to myself as well as people I have interacted with.

On the off chance that Knight decides to use this as a TOD or week, I am going to put off listing them.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Something like "How TOL has influenced your spiritual life" maybe

Maybe :)

That would be a good one. I personally enjoy the type of threads that allow us to know more about other member due to the little memories or experiences people are willing to share.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I always like Shredded Wheat.
It was always, I don't know....different.

Indeed. Flavorless ... with the texture of "I just ate straw" that lingers on. :chuckle:

I can't eat that stuff without a lot of sweetner and fruit added.

zoo22

At this rate it's gonna be a month...

Thoughts?

Going to be? It's already over a month.

But for a while now, that thread, along with a number of other things at TOL, has felt like an internet equivalent of dust and detritus settling over an abandoned building.

TOL_emptybar.jpg

Last edited: