ECT WHAT MARK 16:16 MEANS !!

DAN P

To believe s to follow in the commands and direction of God. To be baptised is a d gn to others that you are indeed a following believer or God.

Hi and since the Greek word BAPTIZO /BAPTISM / BAPTIMA is a translaterated word , which verse are you talking about ??

dan p

popsthebuilder

Hi and since the Greek word BAPTIZO /BAPTISM / BAPTIMA is a translaterated word , which verse are you talking about ??

dan p
Baptism is a sign to others that you are a follower of God. I speak of no particular verse so much as the general idea of baptism. Water baptism is a sign to others. Baptism through blood is utter submission under God to the point of physical death. It can also be seen as the sacrifice of all sins of the flesh.

Peace

trutherator

Mark 16:9-20 isn't part of the Original text, and thus shouldn't be considered biblical.

Where is this "original" that we may consult it?

Mark 16:1-8 without 9-20 is the most ridiculous ending to any book of the Bible. It would be hilariously laughable if it were not the word of God we're discussing. Most especially and above all because it is one of the Gospels.

Not only ridiculous:
1 Corinthians 15:14: "And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain."

Research this and look for something more than the fruits of graduates taught by atheist university "divinity" departments (Iowa State hater of Guillermo Gonzalez), or godless seminaries.

musterion

Baptism is a sign to others that you are a follower of God. I speak of no particular verse so much as the general idea of baptism. Water baptism is a sign to others. Baptism through blood is utter submission under God to the point of physical death. It can also be seen as the sacrifice of all sins of the flesh.

Peace

Paul taught none of this for the Body of Christ during this dispensation of grace. That's why you have no verse to prove any of it. You're just promoting damnable human traditions* raised to the level of divine Law.

*I'm an ex-independent fundamental baptist. Ask me how I know what you preach is false.

popsthebuilder

Paul taught none of this for the Body of Christ during this dispensation of grace. That's why you have no verse to prove any of it. You're just promoting damnable human traditions raised to the level of divine Law.
I do not promote tradition of any sort in anyway. I take offence to your baseless assumptions. Try reading AND comprehending all monotheistic scripture as opposed to what one man said.

Peace.

musterion

I do not promote tradition of any sort in anyway. I take offence to your baseless assumptions.

So? Prove what you claimed above from Scripture and you'll have no cause for offense because you'll have no cause to be rebuked.

Try reading AND comprehending all monotheistic scripture as opposed to what one man said.
Oh, I get it now, you're one of those selective Bible believers.

Lake of Fire, lest you repent.

popsthebuilder

Paul taught none of this for the Body of Christ during this dispensation of grace. That's why you have no verse to prove any of it. You're just promoting damnable human traditions* raised to the level of divine Law.

*I'm an ex-independent fundamental baptist. Ask me how I know what you preach is false.
I know what I say is true, but I'll bite. Prove me wrong, please.

Thanks,

Peace

popsthebuilder

Musterion,

Can you not read? Surely you can t some level or you wouldn't respond.
Perhaps you think Paul was the most rightly guided of the apostles. That's fine.

Who are you that you think you can rebuke me to any effect whatsoever? Really? God will rebuke and chastise me for my benefit under his direction. None other, not man nor demon or Angel. Still waiting for you to prove me wrong. By the way; sacrifice is a misrepresentation of scripture. Freedom from the bindings of sins of the flesh is direction under God. And yes it says numerous times that baptism is a sign to other believers that you indeed are a believer. Baptism in the blood of Christ is kin to salvation and whole direction under God and the sacrifice of sin of the flesh and as such submition to the life of the spirit under God totally and without falter. So, in your superior wisdom; what should I repent of that I don't already know? Also, what am I falsely preaching?

Thanks again,

Peace,

I look forward to learning at any level.
Please understand that negativity stops learning in its tracks. With that being said I apologize for anything that I said that evidently offended you. I am serious about you explaining yourself. Lastly, I do not cherry pick, and because I do not, I generally do not look for a singular verse to justify my views, but all scriptures as a whole that are peaceable and monotheistic in nature.

Again, I look forward to further productive conversation.

turbosixx

This dispensation of grace began with Abel to whom righteousness was imputed.

I would suggest to you it began at Jesus' resurrection. If the dispensation started with Abel then we don't have anything better.

Heb. 11:4 By faith Abel offered to God a better sacrifice than Cain, through which he obtained the testimony that he was righteous,.......13 All these died in faith, without receiving the promises,....... 39 And all these, having gained approval through their faith, did not receive what was promised, 40 because God had provided something better for us, so that apart from us they would not be made perfect.

musterion

I know what I say is true, but I'll bite. Prove me wrong, please.

Thanks,

Peace

Musterion,

Can you not read? Surely you can t some level or you wouldn't respond.
Perhaps you think Paul was the most rightly guided of the apostles. That's fine.

Who are you that you think you can rebuke me to any effect whatsoever? Really? God will rebuke and chastise me for my benefit under his direction. None other, not man nor demon or Angel. Still waiting for you to prove me wrong. By the way; sacrifice is a misrepresentation of scripture. Freedom from the bindings of sins of the flesh is direction under God. And yes it says numerous times that baptism is a sign to other believers that you indeed are a believer. Baptism in the blood of Christ is kin to salvation and whole direction under God and the sacrifice of sin of the flesh and as such submition to the life of the spirit under God totally and without falter. So, in your superior wisdom; what should I repent of that I don't already know? Also, what am I falsely preaching?

Thanks again,

Peace,

I look forward to learning at any level.
Please understand that negativity stops learning in its tracks. With that being said I apologize for anything that I said that evidently offended you. I am serious about you explaining yourself. Lastly, I do not cherry pick, and because I do not, I generally do not look for a singular verse to justify my views, but all scriptures as a whole that are peaceable and monotheistic in nature.

Again, I look forward to further productive conversation.

We'll begin with this: what is the Good News of salvation during this dispensation of grace? What exactly does God expect us to do if we realize we're lost and want to be saved? Be precise and concise in your answer, please.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
I would suggest to you it began at Jesus' resurrection. If the dispensation started with Abel then we don't have anything better.

Jesus is the firstborn of the firstborn sons of God. He is the wave sheaf of Leviticus 23:11.

popsthebuilder

We'll begin with this: what is the Good News of salvation during this dispensation of grace? What exactly does God expect us to do if we realize we're lost and want to be saved? Be precise and concise in your answer, please.
The necessity of salvation from self may or may not be perceivable by self.

Be submissive and receptive to God's will. If one can realize they are powerless to change then they must too understand that they must have hope as they cannot perceive there own salvation.

I'm speaking from a hypothetical scenario where the individual would be somewhat ignorant of the finer points of salvation, or more specifically, direction after salvation. You would have to have an opened mind towards the possibility of God. Technically, a prerequisite for true salvation on a personal intimate level seems to be affliction, or anguish at a high level, literally giving one the need for God, and instilling hope in God through desperation and sincerity.

You ask hat God expects from us as a prerequisite for salvation. You limit God with your question. God can change the heart and direction of any he chooses. Salvation and the mercy of GOD is through Christ on many levels, and would never be attainable without the teachings, and self sacrifice that Jesus of Nazareth gave to us through his utter direction under God. He is the way to the Father on many different levels.

We are to sacrifice greed from us and in doing so, free ourselves from the bondage of sin of the flesh. We are to be resurrected in Christ and as such lead holy, selfless lives under the whole direction of God. Christ paid for our sins that we could be reborn without blemish.

Sorry, ranting.
Peace

musterion

The necessity of salvation from self may or may not be perceivable by self.

Be submissive and receptive to God's will. If one can realize they are powerless to change then they must too understand that they must have hope as they cannot perceive there own salvation.

I'm speaking from a hypothetical scenario where the individual would be somewhat ignorant of the finer points of salvation, or more specifically, direction after salvation. You would have to have an opened mind towards the possibility of God. Technically, a prerequisite for true salvation on a personal intimate level seems to be affliction, or anguish at a high level, literally giving one the need for God, and instilling hope in God through desperation and sincerity.

You ask hat God expects from us as a prerequisite for salvation. You limit God with your question. God can change the heart and direction of any he chooses. Salvation and the mercy of GOD is through Christ on many levels, and would never be attainable without the teachings, and self sacrifice that Jesus of Nazareth gave to us through his utter direction under God. He is the way to the Father on many different levels.

We are to sacrifice greed from us and in doing so, free ourselves from the bondage of sin of the flesh. We are to be resurrected in Christ and as such lead holy, selfless lives under the whole direction of God. Christ paid for our sins that we could be reborn without blemish.

Sorry, ranting.

Apology not accepted.

Paul answered in one sentence what we must do to be saved.

Why can't you?

popsthebuilder

Apology not accepted.

Paul answered in one sentence what we must do to be saved.

Why can't you?
Oh...wow, grumpy tots. It states in the command of God that you are to love God, and love your neighbor as yourself. Either you have a big problem with yourself or are simply not rightly guided. Why do you keep referring to Paul? He's got some great, inspired teachings, but you act like he is the only apostle or prophet or elect. What gives? Also, you can stay bent if you so choose. But no that that is the way to put a veil over your own eyes and ears. Didn't you say you where gonna show how I was falsely preaching or something? Still waitin on that if you forgot or something. Oh yeah, you said I needed to repent and still haven't explained what you, in your assumption, "know" I need to repent of. I know of what I must repent, but that's a wholly different topic. Your baseless accusations coupled with whatever sort of hatred you are emanating is quite telling.

Really though, you accuse me of grand faults. State them clearly or stop lying. One or the other please. Also, if it isn't too much trouble could you reference scripture ance your claims are quite damning to me, and you obviously are expertly versed in the word of God

Thanks,

Despite my attitude towards you, I hope you find peace within yourself and reconcile whatever may be broken between you and God that you might help in the peaceable unity and direction under the One GOD.

Peace.

All praise is God's through Christ.

musterion

Oh...wow, grumpy tots. It states in the command of God that you are to love God, and love your neighbor as yourself. Either you have a big problem with yourself or are simply not rightly guided. Why do you keep referring to Paul? He's got some great, inspired teachings, but you act like he is the only apostle or prophet or elect. What gives? Also, you can stay bent if you so choose. But no that that is the way to put a veil over your own eyes and ears. Didn't you say you where gonna show how I was falsely preaching or something? Still waitin on that if you forgot or something. Oh yeah, you said I needed to repent and still haven't explained what you, in your assumption, "know" I need to repent of. I know of what I must repent, but that's a wholly different topic. Your baseless accusations coupled with whatever sort of hatred you are emanating is quite telling.

Really though, you accuse me of grand faults. State them clearly or stop lying. One or the other please. Also, if it isn't too much trouble could you reference scripture ance your claims are quite damning to me, and you obviously are expertly versed in the word of God

Thanks,

Despite my attitude towards you, I hope you find peace within yourself and reconcile whatever may be broken between you and God that you might help in the peaceable unity and direction under the One GOD.

Peace.

All praise is God's through Christ.

What is the Good News of salvation? It's a very simple question.