What makes Bob Enyart “the man” of this site?

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
But I think that's part of the problem. This Bob dude and his ilk are confusing salvation and criminal justice. Intuitively, criminal justice implies that a wrong to society has been committed. I can see that with prosecuting murder. I think it's a stretch to suggest the same with homosexuality. Therefore punishment, especially capital punishment, seems to be combining concepts of salvation and criminal justice.
:duh: Salvation is the only thing that ultimately matters. Everything we do should be geared toward convincing everyone to take their salvation VERY seriously.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Honestly, mate. Hurry up and spam somewhere with 50 posts (50-19=31) so you can change that avatar. It's painful!

I've also lived in New Zealand. And also Taranaki.

Frith

:duh: Salvation is the only thing that ultimately matters. Everything we do should be geared toward convincing everyone to take their salvation VERY seriously.

:patrol: But other things do matter as well.

I suspect that this is just a scam on your part. If you were sincerely concerned about the salvation of others, you would be more concerned about converting them than killing them.

:wazzup:

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
:patrol: But other things do matter as well. I suspect that this is just a scam on your part. If you were sincerely concerned about the salvation of others, you would be more concerned about converting them than killing them. :wazzup:
They have every chance to convert before they get executed. In fact they would be more likely to come to repentance knowing they were going to meet their maker. And most of the point of having a death penalty is so people will not choose to become murderers in the first place.

It's a win-win proposition. :thumb:

Granite

Hall of Fame
san francisco is prime example of what happens when liberals are allowed free reign, fornication in the streets! buncha freaks!

It's an example of what happens when the public chooses a particular course of action, just as Kansas is an example of conservative politics in action.

Frith

They have every chance to convert before they get executed. In fact they would be more likely to come to repentance knowing they were going to meet their maker. And most of the point of having a death penalty is so people will not choose to become murderers in the first place.

It's a win-win proposition. :thumb:

:ha: Yes, because people tend to have a true change of heart in the face of punishment. :vomit:

Conversion doesn't come by threats of punishment. Just as loving your neighbor isn't exhibited by it.

:dunce:

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yes, because people tend to have a true change of heart in the face of punishment.
I'll assume this is sarcasm.

And you know this, how?

Conversion doesn't come by threats of punishment. Just as loving your neighbor isn't exhibited by it.
Tell that to Nineveh.

If your neighbour raped your wife would you:
A) Love him.
B) Want him dead.

?

killswitch

BANNED
Banned
It's an example of what happens when the public chooses a particular course of action, just as Kansas is an example of conservative politics in action.

i have a friend "the undead" that has pictures that would scare the bejesus outta you.

bunch of freaks i tells ya!

Frith

I'll assume this is sarcasm.

And you know this, how?

Tell that to Nineveh.

If your neighbour raped your wife would you:
A) Love him.
B) Want him dead.

?

It is sarcasm because they don't. Study up on basic psychology.

The issue isn't what I would want or do. The issue is what would Jesus do. After all aren't we trying to be as him?

:bannana:

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It is sarcasm because they don't. Study up on basic psychology.
Who are you to judge what is or is not genuine repentance? I'll ask again seeing you don't seem to want to back up your notions with anything substantial:
How do you know that people faced with punishment are not genuine in any repentance they might show?

The issue isn't what I would want or do. The issue is what would Jesus do. After all aren't we trying to be as him?
No, the issue is exactly that. What would you do if a man raped your wife:
A) Love him like you think Jesus would.
B) Want him executed like I think Jesus would want.

Do you have any answers tucked away inside your tiny brain? Or are you just going to spout cliche?