What is?

MennoSota

Genesis 1
[3]Then God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light.
How is it an act of faith for the omnipotent God to do exactly as He wills, knowing that He possesses all the resource within Himself to do it?
Here is God's definition of faith:
Hebrews 11
[1]Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see.
God never had to hope for Creation to happen. God is omniscient, He sees all things.
Conclusion: The OP is wrong about God exhibiting faith in His creation.
Second, God can freely will whatsoever He desires. No one disagrees. What is pointed out is that God's creation is not free to do as it pleases. God's creation always is held within God's ordained and perfect will.

Truster

Genesis 1
[3]Then God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light.
How is it an act of faith for the omnipotent God to do exactly as He wills, knowing that He possesses all the resource within Himself to do it?
Here is God's definition of faith:
Hebrews 11
[1]Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see.
God never had to hope for Creation to happen. God is omniscient, He sees all things.
Conclusion: The OP is wrong about God exhibiting faith in His creation.
Second, God can freely will whatsoever He desires. No one disagrees. What is pointed out is that God's creation is not free to do as it pleases. God's creation always is held within God's ordained and perfect will.

I've given you the truth. I can't give you the spiritual ability to recieve the truth.

"But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned".

MennoSota

I've given you the truth. I can't give you the spiritual ability to recieve the truth.

"But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned".

LOL, what an arrogant cop-out on your part.
You have no biblical support for your claim so you simply state that the scripture I provide is from a natural man.
Let's assume I am a natural man as you assert. Does that make God's word wrong because I quoted it? If you will not receive the scripture that I quoted to you, what does that make you?

Faither

BANNED
Banned
The greatest ever exercised and recorded act of trust (faith) is?

When Jesus went to Calvary to die on the cross , He was separated from His Father , giving up His seat at His right hand .

Jesus trusted that the Father would restore Him to the place He had before He bent down to become our kin . The Father really didn't have to .

This act of pisteuo or faithing , covers a surrendered life , and a life inspired by such surrender , trusting His Father , holding on no matter what , till death if need be , waking up on the other side still holding on . All of which He chose to do .

As Jesus trusted His Father with His life , we are to trust Christ with ours . That's what true NT Faith and faithing are .

This is the greatest act of faithing ever recorded , not even a close second .

Truster

LOL, what an arrogant cop-out on your part.
You have no biblical support for your claim so you simply state that the scripture I provide is from a natural man.
Let's assume I am a natural man as you assert. Does that make God's word wrong because I quoted it? If you will not receive the scripture that I quoted to you, what does that make you?

The fact you need an explanation means to could never comprehend it nor accept it. You have no experience of trust you simply psyche up your mental attributes and wrongly label it without any spiritual understanding.

In regard to your use of scripture. You use scripture like a drunk use a lamp post. For support rather than for illumination.

Truster

When the words, "Let there be Light" were spoken, light became. This set in motion the beginning and the end of time. It also instituted the decree of Elohim that He was able to fulfil His will in every single decreed decision throughout the expanse of time. Just as the Elohim swore by Himself (Genesis and Hebrews) He also trusted that the manifestation of His revealed will would endure and be completed. This included the staking of The Messiah, “ Him being given over by the decreed counsel…”

“For which of you, intending to build a tower, sitteth not down first, and counteth the cost, whether he have sufficient to finish it?”

Decreed in the eternal mind, spoken forth in trust of His sufficiency to complete the task and glorify Himself. His glory is seen by His sons and they rejoice in the privilege.

MennoSota

The fact you need an explanation means to could never comprehend it nor accept it. You have no experience of trust you simply psyche up your mental attributes and wrongly label it without any spiritual understanding.

In regard to your use of scripture. You use scripture like a drunk use a lamp post. For support rather than for illumination.
Yet, I provided scripture to show you are wrong, while you respond in anger toward me, with no ability to address the topic you started.

MennoSota

What you describe as anger is actually indifference.
Yet, you responded to me when I pointed out that God required no faith in Himself to create the world (Genesis 1:3) and then showed you God's definition of faith (Hebrews 11:1). So, you are not indifferent at all. You are engaged. But, you are not engaged in proving Genesis 1:3 as the greatest display of faith. You cannot prove it, because your contention has been disproven. Now, you merely attack the person who disproved your conjecture.

Truster

Yet, I provided scripture to show you are wrong, while you respond in anger toward me, with no ability to address the topic you started.

You have not proven me wrong. All you have and will do is opposed the truth.

Trust is a part of the fruit of the Spirit. You are, in fact, denying the Deity of the Holy Spirit.

Some have said that Elohim does not need trust. Others insist that Messiah exerted trust. This is a denial of the Deity of The Messiah.

Where confusion appears then Satan reigns and heresy begets heresies.

"Elohim is not the author of confusion". 1 Cor 14:33

MennoSota

You have not proven me wrong. All you have and will do is opposed the truth.

Trust is a part of the fruit of the Spirit. You are, in fact, denying the Deity of the Holy Spirit.

Some have said that Elohim does not need trust. Others insist that Messiah exerted trust. This is a denial of the Deity of The Messiah.

Where confusion appears then Satan reigns and heresy begets heresies.

"Elohim is not the author of confusion". 1 Cor 14:33
God's Spirit produces this fruit.
Galatians 5:22-24
[22]But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
[23]gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these things!
[24]Those who belong to Christ Jesus have nailed the passions and desires of their sinful nature to his cross and crucified them there.
I do not oppose God's word. I show that you are wrong.
Nowhere in scripture do we read that God required faith to do what He has done. Your assertion is incorrect.

Truster

God's Spirit produces this fruit.
Galatians 5:22-24
[22]But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
[23]gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these things!
[24]Those who belong to Christ Jesus have nailed the passions and desires of their sinful nature to his cross and crucified them there.
I do not oppose God's word. I show that you are wrong.
Nowhere in scripture do we read that God required faith to do what He has done. Your assertion is incorrect.

The scriptures time and time again state that Elohim is faithful (trustworthy) and yet you deny Him this attribute. To be able to gave something as a gift the provder must first possess the gift. "By grace are ye saved through trust. This not of yourseleves it is a gift from Elohim".

Faithful. full=? and yet you suggest He is empty of trust.