Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Generation Y

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Generation Z

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
What is you generation? This way we get a view of members age range without asking your exact age.

Just choose from the poll.

GI Generation.

Born 1901-1926.

Mature/Silents.

Born 1927- 1945.

Baby Boomers

Born between 1946 and 1964.

Generation X.

Born between 1965 and 1980

Generation Y/Millennium.

Born between 1981* and 2000*.

http://www.marketingteacher.com/the-six-living-generations-in-america/

also see: http://www.careerplanner.com/Career-Articles/Generations.cfm

If you think they have it wrong, it seems to me there is much room to debate who fits into what group.

So, What is your generation?

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
If the baby boomer generation ended in 1965, my son would be a boomer, and I feel old. Personally, I think the boomer generation ended in 1963; now I feel better.:)

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
The worst thing kids did in school; boys shot rubber bands, and girls passed notes. Teacher could paddle us. I was a 'good girl' except in Halloween, when we kicked pumpkins.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
That makes you a year older than me.

Never heard of divorce? Save money, never a borrower be. Never buy a drunk a drink. Being mature is to get along in society. Retirement is quiet time, that's me, what about you?

There was only one divorce known about on our street, and the woman was always mysterious and considered evil and unapproachable by any of the neighborhood kids.

Drunks were only known by children of drunks, and no child of a drunk ever admitted to such family depravity . . BIG SECRETS carried by little kids all through childhood.

Retirement? Not known at my family's income level. One worked until they died. Period. And they died much earlier than those of our society today . . .

The world of the 40's - 60's was a totally different culture; almost indescribable to today's modern population. It was a generation that experienced the terrible results of the depression and two world wars, plus the resultant decline of gospel truth taught in the churches of genuine faith and biblical Christianity.

Reminiscing about those days, makes me very sad . . .

Nang

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
There was only one divorce known about on our street, and the woman was always mysterious and considered evil and unapproachable by any of the neighborhood kids.

Drunks were only known by children of drunks, and no child of a drunk ever admitted to such family depravity . . BIG SECRETS carried by little kids all through childhood.

Retirement? Not known at my family's income level. One worked until they died. Period. And they died much earlier than those of our society today . . .

The world of the 40's - 60's was a totally different culture; almost indescribable to today's modern population. It was a generation that experienced the terrible results of the depression and two world wars, plus the resultant decline of gospel truth taught in the churches of genuine faith and biblical Christianity.

Reminiscing about those days, makes me very sad . . .

Nang

I know what you are talking about. For me, the big change seemed to be after JFK was assassinated. Shortly after that, around 1966, there seemed a big change for me.

Once my kids were looking into things social, in the 1980s, I felt more with it again, and we had the VCR, watched movies, still had the big stereo. my kids liked the music then, and so did I. my husband did not like that music. He liked country. It was a good time, but things were different. the biggest change, after 1966 was the change in the 90s. Then by 2000 all seemed to change fast.

Vote the poll since we have three older members now.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
I know what you are talking about. For me, the big change seemed to be after JFK was assassinated. Shortly after that, around 1966, there seemed a big change for me.

Yes indeed . . My husband and I said just that, at the time Kennedy was assassinated, that nothing would ever be the same . . and we have witnessed the truth of that very assessment ever since, and often we repeat the same exact conclusion.

A terrible evil & dark change was worked on that day and the same evil has controlled our government and entire country, since.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Most of the whackjobs and fruit cakes on this board tend to be silens. I'm not referring to those posting on this thread.
Maybe? Most silents are not on boards, most do not use computers much. Anyone born before 1945 is not likely to be very computer active, and that may mean something? my sister who was born in 1945 never uses hers except email the her daughter and grand daughter. She does not get why I use it. I will say it is because i became ill and am a social person by nature. There may be some oddballs who are not so social but like to state their opinions?

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Yes indeed . . My husband and I said just that, at the time Kennedy was assassinated, that nothing would ever be the same . . and we have witnessed the truth of that very assessment ever since, and often we repeat the same exact conclusion.

A terrible evil & dark change was worked on that day and the same evil has controlled our government and entire country, since.

I agree, yet there is something else. We got older and forty does not see the world as rosy as does twenty.