What is the Reason for Hell??

PureX

It was not a good thing to eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. Man thought he could in so doing be like, or be, God. Death, Hell, the grave, and also the second death, await those who have not been born again of the Spirit of God by faith in God and His Messiah, Jesus.
It isn't a "was", it's a "still is". We are still presuming the knowledge of good and evil, which we have never actually possessed. And every time we presume to stand in judgment of any aspect of creation, we do so wrongly, and in so doing we condemn ourselves.

The Bible stories aren't about what happened in the "days of old". They are about what's happening here and now.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
burying 'hell' for good........

burying 'hell' for good........

Every one of you thinks you know what the damnation of hell is all about. But you’re only guessing about some of the reasons. --- I don’t care if you know or not; you wouldn’t believe the Truth if it fell on you! – ( In fact it already has ), you’re just too proud / arrogant to part with your present “Satisfaction” of what the fools call, “The Finished work of Christ”. – You just wish that was the case, but it Ain’t!! – The Lord did say it is finished, and He did give His Life for All sins; - all sins of the Total world, without the exception of a single (( One )), All of them!! ---- Let me ask you “Geniuses-of-Truth”; ( you know who you are ): - If Jesus died for the sins of the world, - ( and a fool is born at every birth ); - that means Jesus must (( Die for the sins that tomorrow’s fools commit )). (( Jesus can’t die for the sins that He doesn’t know )). - Jesus said that ((( They were bought with a price )))> 1 Corinthians 6:20 KJV – “For (( ye )) are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in (( your body )), and in (( your spirit )), which ( ARE God's” ). ----//-- THAT’S the Church, that’s the Body of Christ and its members!! - Not any fool who is not a member of the Body of Christ!! - And Jesus said ( WHAT )???? – John 10:27 KJV – (( My sheep hear my voice )) , and ((( “I KNOW THEM” ))), and they follow me”. ----//--- Jesus knows them???? - Well, what about that, Geniuses?? --- That’s the Members of the Body of Christ!! -- However, - “However”, -- Luke 13:27 KJV – “But he shall say, I tell you, (( I know you NOT )) whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity”. ----//--- Hey!! It doesn’t look like Jesus died for their ( Sins ), or they wouldn’t be having to pay the price for them themselves!!! – What about that, Geniuses??? – I just proved you (( All Wrong ))!!! - Do you know what that means?? – That means you are all wrong about Jesus paying the price for ( all ) sins!! – And he ( Did )!! -- Jesus paid the Price for the sins of those who are ( Not of your World ), but are of the New Earth; whenever, however, wherever you guess that is!!!

So!! - Again, - “What is the reason for the Damnation of Hell” ( if Jesus has already paid the Price for (( Every Sin ))?? – Just how do you want this to work?? – For those who are still yet to be born, you ( Tell God how you want their sins to be paid for ), because to you; - Jesus has already paid the price Once. - So you tell God how you want this done, and the world will be as wise as you Wizards are!! - If Jesus has already ( Paid the price ), how then can anyone go to hell?? – The gift of the payment is to miss hell!!!
Like I said, I don’t care if you know or not!!!

Paul – 080412

Beyond the 'fluff',...'heaven' or 'hell' are conditions of mind, or states of consciousness, or whatever concept or description one applies to such realms. The lines fade at some points and things vary among different belief-systems :)

Debunking superstitions about hell

'Hell' has been used by some as a doctrinal tactic, or assumed provision from all-wise and loving 'God' :rolleyes:

The world might be a better place without the usual 'hellfire and brimstone' preaching or religious assumptions, while ways to understand how the mind works via the laws of consciousness would enable individuals and communities to abide together in peace & harmony, making a 'heaven' on earth. Heaven or Hell is right here, beyond anything the religious imagination can dream up, however grand or terrifying. Of course there is more to all this...this is just an appetizer ;)

pj

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
The reason for hell (assuming you mean the lake of fire) is to have a prison of sorts in which to bind satan and the fallen angels who followed him to keep them from corrupting others and to protect those who willingly follow God. Some will follow them there because they would not repent and receive Christ and become children of God and instead are children of satan.

Matthew 25:41

If you mean hell as in the grave (sheol) its because it is appointed once for all men to die - death comes because of sin.

One day hell (the grave/death) will be thrown into the lake of fire as well.

voltaire

BANNED
Banned
The reason for hell (assuming you mean the lake of fire) is to have a prison of sorts in which to bind satan and the fallen angels who followed him to keep them from corrupting others and to protect those who willingly follow God. Some will follow them there because they would not repent and receive Christ and become children of God and instead are children of satan.

Matthew 25:41

If you mean hell as in the grave (sheol) its because it is appointed once for all men to die - death comes because of sin.

One day hell (the grave/death) will be thrown into the lake of fire as well.

Never thought of it that way, but it makes sense.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
It isn't a "was", it's a "still is". We are still presuming the knowledge of good and evil, which we have never actually possessed. And every time we presume to stand in judgment of any aspect of creation, we do so wrongly, and in so doing we condemn ourselves.

The Bible stories aren't about what happened in the "days of old". They are about what's happening here and now.
Our introduction to the knowledge of good and evil came when Adam and Eve ate from the tree in the garden of eden. It was disobedience, and did not result in a good thing.

We don't need to continue down the path of disobedience, but disobedience has been a reality in our world ever since.

That we don't have this tree to eat of now, being that we are not in the garden, is evidenced by the fall... which apart from Jesus Christ cannot be reversed.

PureX

Our introduction to the knowledge of good and evil came when Adam and Eve ate from the tree in the garden of eden. It was disobedience, and did not result in a good thing.

We don't need to continue down the path of disobedience, but disobedience has been a reality in our world ever since.

That we don't have this tree to eat of now, being that we are not in the garden, is evidenced by the fall... which apart from Jesus Christ cannot be reversed.
I don't think the story of Adam and Eve is about "disobedience". I think it's a warning about presuming the right and ability to pass judgment on each other, and on God's creation. "Hell" happens when we ignore that warning, and presume for ourselves the right and the ability to judge and condemn all things (including each other) as if we were gods, ourselves. Because when we do so, we do so selfishly. We do so in ignorance. And we do so falsely, because God has never given us the knowledge of good and evil.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Every one of you thinks you know what the damnation of hell is all about.

Paul – 080412

How do you know that? How do you know whether or not I think I know what hell is for? Do you ever think about what you post before you write it?

But you’re only guessing about some of the reasons. ---

Paul – 080412

How do you know everybody is guessing? What makes you think nobody looked in the Bible to see? What makes you think you are the only one to read it?

I don’t care if you know or not; you wouldn’t believe the Truth if it fell on you!

Paul – 080412

Then why did you ask if you don't care? Get a life already you pathetic loser. And visit the barber while you are at it. You look like the unabomber's cousin or something.

Letsargue

How do you know that? How do you know whether or not I think I know what hell is for? Do you ever think about what you post before you write it?

How do you know everybody is guessing? What makes you think nobody looked in the Bible to see? What makes you think you are the only one to read it?

Then why did you ask if you don't care? Get a life already you pathetic loser. And visit the barber while you are at it. You look like the unabomber's cousin or something.

It doesn’t take a genius to know what most of you smarter than God think you know!! You think you know it all. – You don’t know enough to correct me with the Scriptures, which any child could, - if I was as wrong as you geniuses declare me to be!! – It ain’t hard to read a fool that is so far from Christ as some of you smart guys are!!!!!!!
1 Corinthians 8:2 KJV – “If any man think that he knoweth anything, he knoweth nothing yet as he ought to know”. --- You know you think you know it all without the Scriptures, or you'd make some attempt to correct me instead of just using ( Again ) your lip service of nothing!! - Just watching you fake answering anything, - ( as right now )-, shows who you are!!!

Paul – 080612

Letsargue

Beyond the 'fluff',...'heaven' or 'hell' are conditions of mind, or states of consciousness, or whatever concept or description one applies to such realms. The lines fade at some points and things vary among different belief-systems :)

Debunking superstitions about hell

'Hell' has been used by some as a doctrinal tactic, or assumed provision from all-wise and loving 'God' :rolleyes:

The world might be a better place without the usual 'hellfire and brimstone' preaching or religious assumptions, while ways to understand how the mind works via the laws of consciousness would enable individuals and communities to abide together in peace & harmony, making a 'heaven' on earth. Heaven or Hell is right here, beyond anything the religious imagination can dream up, however grand or terrifying. Of course there is more to all this...this is just an appetizer ;)

pj

You’re right but not the way you’re thinking. - Hell is the condition of Mind, but not the minds of man. Hell is the fact of God’s mind / Jesus Christ. -- Christ is the Truth, and it’s God’s Truth that is the ( Consuming Fire ), ( Parable ). – ( Proof )>>-- Daniel 7:10 KJV – “A ( Fiery Stream ) issued and ( came forth from before him” ). ---&--- Psalms 104:4 KJV ---&--- 2 Thessalonians 1:8 KJV – “In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God”. ----//-- That fire is revealed right Here, >> 2 Timothy 3:16-17 KJV ----//-- Truth is the consuming fire that consumes the Lie and the Liar, Satan and all his foolish angels of evil thought!! – Now prove that wrong!!

Paul – 080612

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It doesn’t take a genius to know what most of you smarter than God think you know!!

Am I the only one picturing Dilbert's department manager with this line?

You think you know it all. – You don’t know enough to correct me with the Scriptures, which any child could, - if I was as wrong as you geniuses declare me to be!! – It ain’t hard to read a fool that is so far from Christ as some of you smart guys are!!!!!!!
1 Corinthians 8:2 KJV – “If any man think that he knoweth anything, he knoweth nothing yet as he ought to know”. --- You know you think you know it all without the Scriptures, or you'd make some attempt to correct me instead of just using ( Again ) your lip service of nothing!! - Just watching you fake answering anything, - ( as right now )-, shows who you are!!!

Paul – 080612

I will offer a rebuttal when you answer my post about how do you know people didn't look in their Bible for the answer. You foolish dweeb.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I don't think the story of Adam and Eve is about "disobedience". I think it's a warning about presuming the right and ability to pass judgment on each other, and on God's creation. "Hell" happens when we ignore that warning, and presume for ourselves the right and the ability to judge and condemn all things (including each other) as if we were gods, ourselves. Because when we do so, we do so selfishly. We do so in ignorance. And we do so falsely, because God has never given us the knowledge of good and evil.
Adam and Eve together disobeyed God and suffered the consequences.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
deconstructing 'hell'.......

deconstructing 'hell'.......

You’re right but not the way you’re thinking. - Hell is the condition of Mind, but not the minds of man. Hell is the fact of God’s mind / Jesus Christ.

Not sure 'hell' would be a fact of God's mind,....since He's supposed to be Infinite Love and Light. - shadows may appear to exist in the distorted mind of man and the sense of 'seperation' of the ego,...but the omnipresence of Love abides.

-- Christ is the Truth, and it’s God’s Truth that is the ( Consuming Fire ), ( Parable ). – ( Proof )>>-- Daniel 7:10 KJV – “A ( Fiery Stream ) issued and ( came forth from before him” ). ---&--- Psalms 104:4 KJV ---&---

A metaphor perhaps ;)

2 Thessalonians 1:8 KJV – “In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God”.

Sounds a bit harsh taking things to an apocalyptic extreme.

----//-- That fire is revealed right Here, >> 2 Timothy 3:16-17 KJV ----//-- Truth is the consuming fire that consumes the Lie and the Liar, Satan and all his foolish angels of evil thought!! – Now prove that wrong!!

I have nothing to prove, for reality is what is. Simple, yet absolute, ...although reality is distorted by our relative perceptions, and naturally so...since the mind is an 'interpreter'.

I gather you're aware that 'hell' doesnt always refer to the 'lake of fire' or any kind of fire for that matter, and 'gehenna' was just a trash-dump where refuse was burned. Hades/Sheol is the underworld, grave, land of the dead, the pit, etc. We could be confusing 'God' as an all-consuming fire with a location of some sort, but essence or metaphor, it all comes back to 'God' since Spirit is omnipresent. All comes full circle.

Still,...'God' is Infinite Love and His will is inspired by that Love, being its nature. Unless that is a delusion or wishful thinking. Or perhaps God is a Man of war or cosmic dictator bent on destroying sinners, wiping out nations, expunging worlds....a wrathful Deity striking terror in the hearts of his subjects. He sounds fickle and hard to approach, or perhaps He's just tempermental, a projection of our own ego? Granted, we make all beings in the cosmic play have their place in the battle of good & evil, - there 'God' may be 'tailored' with whatever suits our theology. Can all that is written be trusted?

'Hell' can be anything one makes it. Toss in the fact that 4 different words in the Bible can be translated into the english word 'hell' and it makes it that more obscure, but traditional ideas often take the fore. Beliefs abound. If you want 'hell', its yours for the taking, but it may not exist but in your own mind. Perhaps 'heaven' as well. If you have no concept, term, notion or assumption of 'hell'....would it exist?

pj

Letsargue

Not sure 'hell' would be a fact of God's mind,....since He's supposed to be Infinite Love and Light. - shadows may appear to exist in the distorted mind of man and the sense of 'seperation' of the ego,...but the omnipresence of Love abides.

A metaphor perhaps ;)

Sounds a bit harsh taking things to an apocalyptic extreme.

I have nothing to prove, for reality is what is. Simple, yet absolute, ...although reality is distorted by our relative perceptions, and naturally so...since the mind is an 'interpreter'.

I gather you're aware that 'hell' doesnt always refer to the 'lake of fire' or any kind of fire for that matter, and 'gehenna' was just a trash-dump where refuse was burned. Hades/Sheol is the underworld, grave, land of the dead, the pit, etc. We could be confusing 'God' as an all-consuming fire with a location of some sort, but essence or metaphor, it all comes back to 'God' since Spirit is omnipresent. All comes full circle.

Still,...'God' is Infinite Love and His will is inspired by that Love, being its nature. Unless that is a delusion or wishful thinking. Or perhaps God is a Man of war or cosmic dictator bent on destroying sinners, wiping out nations, expunging worlds....a wrathful Deity striking terror in the hearts of his subjects. He sounds fickle and hard to approach, or perhaps He's just tempermental, a projection of our own ego? Granted, we make all beings in the cosmic play have their place in the battle of good & evil, - there 'God' may be 'tailored' with whatever suits our theology. Can all that is written be trusted?

'Hell' can be anything one makes it. Toss in the fact that 4 different words in the Bible can be translated into the english word 'hell' and it makes it that more obscure, but traditional ideas often take the fore. Beliefs abound. If you want 'hell', its yours for the taking, but it may not exist but in your own mind. Perhaps 'heaven' as well. If you have no concept, term, notion or assumption of 'hell'....would it exist?

pj

You did what all unlearned guys calling themselves Christians ( Do )!!

God is ( Infinite Love ), AND ((( God is also Infinitely Jealous, and filled with revenge and wrath ))). - Do you not understand this?? - When it comes to God's "Wife", He will protect Her from all fools, and violent, and hateful men, preaching against Her with all their false witnessing!! God brings Hell to them. - Is that the "Love" you're talking about, or mine?? - God SO Loves His Wife; - so Blasphem her if you dare!!!!
God Died for Her once, this time the fools are going to die the (( Death )). Count on it!!

Paul -- 080612

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Sure. The woman being deceived sinned first.
1 Timothy 2:14 And it was not Adam who was deceived, but the woman being deceived, fell into transgression.

Romans 5:12 Therefore, just as through one man sin entered into the world, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men, because all sinned—

Romans 5:19 For as through the one man's disobedience the many were made sinners, even so through the obedience of the One the many will be made righteous.

Letsargue

Am I the only one picturing Dilbert's department manager with this line?

I will offer a rebuttal when you answer my post about how do you know people didn't look in their Bible for the answer. You foolish dweeb.

((( You or they haven't given a Scriptural reason why I'm wrong yet )))!!!
You continually give the trash you're giving now, (( Nothing but lip service about nothing ))!!!

Now, --- does that do it???? - There's nothing else that I can do with your or their nonsense!!!!!! - Look up in the Bible and show us all that I'm wrong just one time about anything!!! - It should be easy for a genius like you, if I'm that wrong, but you can't!!

Paul -- 080612

Christ's Word

Every one of you thinks you know what the damnation of hell is all about. But you’re only guessing about some of the reasons. --- I don’t care if you know or not; you wouldn’t believe the Truth if it fell on you! – ( In fact it already has ), you’re just too proud / arrogant to part with your present “Satisfaction” of what the fools call, “The Finished work of Christ”. – You just wish that was the case, but it Ain’t!! – The Lord did say it is finished, and He did give His Life for All sins; - all sins of the Total world, without the exception of a single (( One )), All of them!! ---- Let me ask you “Geniuses-of-Truth”; ( you know who you are ): - If Jesus died for the sins of the world, - ( and a fool is born at every birth ); - that means Jesus must (( Die for the sins that tomorrow’s fools commit )). (( Jesus can’t die for the sins that He doesn’t know )). - Jesus said that ((( They were bought with a price )))> 1 Corinthians 6:20 KJV – “For (( ye )) are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in (( your body )), and in (( your spirit )), which ( ARE God's” ). ----//-- THAT’S the Church, that’s the Body of Christ and its members!! - Not any fool who is not a member of the Body of Christ!! - And Jesus said ( WHAT )???? – John 10:27 KJV – (( My sheep hear my voice )) , and ((( “I KNOW THEM” ))), and they follow me”. ----//--- Jesus knows them???? - Well, what about that, Geniuses?? --- That’s the Members of the Body of Christ!! -- However, - “However”, -- Luke 13:27 KJV – “But he shall say, I tell you, (( I know you NOT )) whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity”. ----//--- Hey!! It doesn’t look like Jesus died for their ( Sins ), or they wouldn’t be having to pay the price for them themselves!!! – What about that, Geniuses??? – I just proved you (( All Wrong ))!!! - Do you know what that means?? – That means you are all wrong about Jesus paying the price for ( all ) sins!! – And he ( Did )!! -- Jesus paid the Price for the sins of those who are ( Not of your World ), but are of the New Earth; whenever, however, wherever you guess that is!!!

So!! - Again, - “What is the reason for the Damnation of Hell” ( if Jesus has already paid the Price for (( Every Sin ))?? – Just how do you want this to work?? – For those who are still yet to be born, you ( Tell God how you want their sins to be paid for ), because to you; - Jesus has already paid the price Once. - So you tell God how you want this done, and the world will be as wise as you Wizards are!! - If Jesus has already ( Paid the price ), how then can anyone go to hell?? – The gift of the payment is to miss hell!!!
Like I said, I don’t care if you know or not!!!

Paul – 080412

Sheol, Hades, Tartaros, and Gehenna, are all used in the scriptures to designate Hell or a concept of hell in the English language. Do you know the differences in these words? Do you know what the authors that used them meant? Which Hell do you speak of?

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Sheol, Hades, Tartaros, and Gehenna, are all used in the scriptures to designate Hell or a concept of hell in the English language. Do you know the differences in these words? Do you know what the authors that used them meant? Which Hell do you speak of?

Its a con-fusion of 'terms'.....really.

pj