• This is a new section being rolled out to attract people interested in exploring the origins of the universe and the earth from a biblical perspective. Debate is encouraged and opposing viewpoints are welcome to post but certain rules must be followed. 1. No abusive tagging - if abusive tags are found - they will be deleted and disabled by the Admin team 2. No calling the biblical accounts a fable - fairy tale ect. This is a Christian site, so members that participate here must be respectful in their disagreement.

What is the origin of earth's radioactive elements?

Right Divider

Body part
They're here.
No kidding.

They got here somehow.
And the HOW is what were are discussing.

God made the earth.
Yes.

God created the earth with radioactive elements.
Now you've gone back to your opinion again. How do you know that?

Have you never heard that God put a curse on creation AFTER Adam and Eve sinned? And that certain conditions that occurred during the flood could (and most likely are) the cause.

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
Have you never heard that God put a curse on creation AFTER Adam and Eve sinned? And that certain conditions that occurred during the flood could (and most likely are) the cause.
How would a flood cause radioactive elements to be formed? You'd have to in order to argue this view show that radioactive elements did not exist before sometime in the past say 5000 years? Is there any archeological or geological evidence that radioactive elements didn't exist before then? And why do you take the viewpoint that radioactive elements are a curse? When we're able to derive such power from them when properly engineered? They're not just weapons and carcinogens, they also might be the ultimate solution to climate change, whether or not that's really a threat. And why should I not just think that God created the earth with radioactive elements?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
The sun does those things.

We are protected from the sun by our atmosphere.

They're here. They got here somehow. God made the earth. God created the earth with radioactive elements.

This is a non-sequitur. Just because they exist does not inherently mean that God deliberately created them.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Now you've gone back to your opinion again. How do you know that?

How would a flood cause radioactive elements to be formed?

How would . . . radioactive elements to be formed?

That is what this thread is about, and what RD asked in the OP of the thread.

You'd have to in order to argue this view show that radioactive elements did not exist before sometime in the past say 5000 years? Is there any archeological or geological evidence that radioactive elements didn't exist before then?

Perhaps you can give evidence to support your position?

And why do you take the viewpoint that radioactive elements are a curse? When we're able to derive such power from them when properly engineered?

Being able to benefit from harmful things is not evidence that those harmful things were made at creation.

They're not just weapons and carcinogens, they also might be the ultimate solution to climate change, whether or not that's really a threat. And why should I not just think that God created the earth with radioactive elements?

Because a "just so" statement is a fallacy.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
How would a flood cause radioactive elements to be formed? You'd have to in order to argue this view show that radioactive elements did not exist before sometime in the past say 5000 years? Is there any archeological or geological evidence that radioactive elements didn't exist before then? And why do you take the viewpoint that radioactive elements are a curse? When we're able to derive such power from them when properly engineered? They're not just weapons and carcinogens, they also might be the ultimate solution to climate change, whether or not that's really a threat. And why should I not just think that God created the earth with radioactive elements?

In other words:

But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts, and always be ready to give a defense to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear; - 1 Peter 3:15 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1Peter3:15&version=NKJV

Idolater

We are protected from the sun by our atmosphere.
No we're not. Not white people anyway, poc, sure, the atmosphere along with all their melanin protects them from the sun's carcinogenic radiation. But also in the process, poc are more likely to be deficient in vitamin D, especially in northern climes, which our bodies make when we're out in the sun. White people get sunburned easily, especially the Irish and other very fair complexions, ask me how I know. So your reason for thinking radioactive elements must be part of a curse also applies to the sun.
This is a non-sequitur. Just because they exist does not inherently mean that God deliberately created them.
No but I don't have any reason to think otherwise either. There are like millions of different sorts of plants, almost none of them mentioned in Scripture, why shouldn't I just believe that God made them along with the earth?

Right Divider

Body part
How would a flood cause radioactive elements to be formed?

You'd have to in order to argue this view show that radioactive elements did not exist before sometime in the past say 5000 years? Is there any archeological or geological evidence that radioactive elements didn't exist before then? And why do you take the viewpoint that radioactive elements are a curse? When we're able to derive such power from them when properly engineered? They're not just weapons and carcinogens, they also might be the ultimate solution to climate change, whether or not that's really a threat. And why should I not just think that God created the earth with radioactive elements?
You make lots of assumptions.

How do you know that God created radioactive elements during the earth's creation?

How do you know that they've been around since before the flood?

Last edited:

Idolater

That is what this thread is about, and what RD asked in the OP of the thread.
And I answered that. He didn't ask "how does the flood make radioactive elements".
Perhaps you can give evidence to support your position?
I already gave my argument, you and RD scoffed at it. I don't have any reason to think that radioactive elements are part of the curse in Genesis. In fact the burden is with you two to show, even though the Bible doesn't mention radioactive elements at all, let alone as specifically part of the curse, that your idea is the right one.
Being able to benefit from harmful things is not evidence that those harmful things were made at creation.
No, it argues against those "harmful things" being part of any curse. I put harmful things in quotes because water is harmful if you drown in it, and wood is harmful if you're impaled on it, and rocks are harmful if you get stoned by them.
That wasn't my argument.

Idolater

You make lot of assumptions.
No I don't.
How do you know that God created radioactive elements during the earth's creation?

How do you know that they've been around since before the flood?
I don't, exactly like how you don't know that He didn't and that they weren't. We're comparing notes, setting out our arguments. We're commenting on them and critiquing them. You've found my arguments wanting, and I have found yours the same.

Although I have to say that your view at least should have some way to test, by showing physical (archeological or geological) evidence that radioactivity didn't exist before about 5000 years ago. I don't have to meet that burden for my view to remain intact.

Right Divider

Body part
And I answered that. He didn't ask "how does the flood make radioactive elements".
Your answer was nothing but opinion based on nothing.

I already gave my argument, you and RD scoffed at it.
An opinion based on nothing is not an argument.

I don't have any reason to think that radioactive elements are part of the curse in Genesis.
I don't either, but I do have reason to believe that they were created during the flood.

In fact the burden is with you two to show, even though the Bible doesn't mention radioactive elements at all, let alone as specifically part of the curse, that your idea is the right one.
And you've made an unsupported claim that they were part of God's creation. The Bible is silent, so why do you make that assumption?

No, it argues against those "harmful things" being part of any curse. I put harmful things in quotes because water is harmful if you drown in it, and wood is harmful if you're impaled on it, and rocks are harmful if you get stoned by them.
That wasn't my argument.
You made no argument whatsoever.

Right Divider

Body part
No I don't.
Yes.. you do... you claimed that God created them as part of creation. Where is some evidence of this?

I don't, exactly like how you don't know that He didn't and that they weren't. We're comparing notes, setting out our arguments.
You've made no argument whatsoever. There is evidence that these elements can and were created during the flood.

We're commenting on them and critiquing them. You've found my arguments wanting, and I have found yours the same.
You've made no argument whatsover.

Idolater

I don't either, but I do have reason to believe that they were created during the flood.
Great, then set it out, and also what is the test that can confirm that your hypothesis is correct? How can we look at the earth and see that radioactivity didn't exist here until the flood?
And you've made an unsupported claim that they were part of God's creation. The Bible is silent, so why do you make that assumption?
Because they exist. The Bible is silent on the matter of radioactivity, which means it neither supports mine or your view, but the earth is not silent on that radioactive elements are real today. And I don't have any reason, especially not a biblical one, to think that God didn't create the earth with radioactive elements.

Right Divider

Body part
Great, then set it out, and also what is the test that can confirm that your hypothesis is correct? How can we look at the earth and see that radioactivity didn't exist here until the flood?
Please educate yourself on the hydroplate theory and the evidence that it provides.

Because they exist.
Again... this does NOT tell you HOW or WHEN they came into being.

The Bible is silent on the matter of radioactivity, which means it neither supports mine or your view, but the earth is not silent on that radioactive elements are real today.

Idolater

Yes.. you do... you claimed that God created them as part of creation. Where is some evidence of this?
That wasn't an assumption, it was the conclusion of an argument that you claim I didn't make.
You've made no argument whatsoever.
See?
There is evidence that these elements can and were created during the flood.
Great. Set it out.
You've made no argument whatsover.
See?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
No we're not.

Um... yes we are, and to a good extent...

Not white people anyway, poc, sure, the atmosphere along with all their melanin protects them from the sun's carcinogenic radiation. But also in the process, poc are more likely to be deficient in vitamin D, especially in northern climes, which our bodies make when we're out in the sun. White people get sunburned easily, especially the Irish and other very fair complexions, ask me how I know.

As far as I can tell, God made Adam perfect. That means he would not have any immune deficiencies, and his body would have been able to handle what little radiation (comparatively speaking) made it through the atmosphere to damage his body (likewise with Eve).

So your reason for thinking radioactive elements must be part of a curse also applies to the sun.

Saying it doesn't make it so.

No but I don't have any reason to think otherwise either. There are like millions of different sorts of plants, almost none of them mentioned in Scripture, why shouldn't I just believe that God made them along with the earth?

This is question begging, based on an argument from silence.

God made the original kinds at creation. They have since diversified, been bottlenecked genetically (at the flood), and diversified again, and what we see today is the result.

Idolater

Please educate yourself on the hydroplate theory and the evidence that it provides.
lol no way. Give me the test that confirms your theory that radioactive elements didn't exist before the flood (~5000 years ago) and /or that the flood made them.

I know. It's your job to demonstrate that radioactive elements are not very good, so that you can claim that they only exist as part of a curse on creation. I do not think that they are not very good, you do; so show it.

Right Divider

Body part
That wasn't an assumption, it was the conclusion of an argument that you claim I didn't make.
See?
Again... you made no argument. You expressed your assumption.

Great. Set it out.
Watch the video that I posted.

:juggle:

You ASSUME that God created them as part of the creation of the earth.

You have no evidence of this and have made no argument whatsoever. You just keep stating your opinion.

Last edited:

Right Divider

Body part
lol no way. Give me the test that confirms your theory that radioactive elements didn't exist before the flood (~5000 years ago) and /or that the flood made them.
Once again... neither of us know whether radioactive elements existed before the flood.

You do NOT have evidence that they did and I do not have evidence that they didn't.

I know. It's your job to demonstrate that radioactive elements are not very good, so that you can claim that they only exist as part of a curse on creation. I do not think that they are not very good, you do; so show it.
Please educate yourself on the THEORY that they were created during the flood. Then we have something to discuss, instead of just your opinion based on nothing.

Idolater

Um... yes we are, and to a good extent...
Right, so cancer, caused by the sun.
As far as I can tell, God made Adam perfect. That means he would not have any immune deficiencies, and his body would have been able to handle what little radiation (comparatively speaking) made it through the atmosphere to damage his body (likewise with Eve).
Maybe instead of claiming that radioactive elements were made during the flood, you should argue that we used to be protected against radioactive elements but now since the curse we are susceptible? Just a thought.
Saying it doesn't make it so.
Everybody knows that.
This is question begging, based on an argument from silence.

God made the original kinds at creation. They have since diversified, been bottlenecked genetically (at the flood), and diversified again, and what we see today is the result.
We see the organisms that God made at creation, plus those that came into being, or at least became troublesome and a nuisance, when He cursed it. If you're trying to draw a parallel between this and radioactive elements, then show me that they are inherently not good. I don't have any more reason to think that uranium is not good than I do water, wood, or rock, all of which can cause grave bodily injury and even death when mistreated or by accident.