What is the Gospel?

Danoh

Wrong. I didn't say anything about the new man.

Exactly what I've been saying. Paul was talking to believers...the "our sins" applies to the believers. Try and pay attention.

No duh.

Oh, so those verses I quoted in Eph. 1 are Calvinist verses, too?
Your claim is that the word "elect" is a Calvinist word? :rolleyes:

Let's just start tossing them all out, shall we? Let's start here.

Romans 8:33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.​

Let's just rid the Bible of all these Calvinist verses.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren. 30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.​

You've basically just twisted all that to your own destruction.

Rom. 5:6-8.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
If I have not Love... I am No Thing...
I don't know what this poster's all about, but just due to the following repetition, is this made up, or is there something to it?
Unlike you, who uses multiple socks... yeah... I did some checking... ;) ...

Shall we call you “Two Socks”... ?

...glorydaz is the pride allstar ... Will she admit... not her socks...

... GloryJane-TwoSocks...
:confused:

glorydaz

"Not a just a"?

Paisan! Where uh you uh been uh, all a this uh time uh?

:chuckle:

So you're so afraid of the woods that you won't enter to get firewood. You're a joke.

What verses do you throw out because you're so afraid of looking like a Calvinist?

Name them. List them out. :popcorn:

glorydaz

I don't know what this poster's all about, but just due to the following repetition, is this made up, or is there something to it?

:confused:

That poster was posting under multiple names. Pretending to be who he wasn't. Playing Deception games. He admitted some of them, and then kept posting after he had been banned. He thinks Patrick Jane and I are the same poster. We aren't. This is what happens when people set out to deceive. They become paranoid....basically, allowing themselves to fall under the power of the evil one. So, He is aptly named.

Danoh

So you're so afraid of the woods that you won't enter to get firewood. You're a joke.

What verses do you throw out because you're so afraid of looking like a Calvinist?

Name them. List them out. :popcorn:

I don't need to throw them out.

In fact, I have laid various of them out in posts here and there, over time.

You're simply incompetent at properly studying them out.

And I owe you no movie for your obviously stale popcorn anymore than I do anyone else's insistence one dance their fool dance with them :chuckle:

But Rom. 5:6-8.

glorydaz

I don't need to throw them out.

In fact, I have laid various of them out in posts here and there, over time.

You're simply incompetent at properly studying them out.

And I owe you no movie for your obviously stale popcorn anymore than I do anyone else's insistence one dance their fool dance with them :chuckle:

But Rom. 5:6-8.

Evasion. I gave you two texts, and you accused me of Calvinism. Now you tuck tail and run. :chew:

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Universal Salvation..........

Universal Salvation..........

Some plant, some water. :think:

Yet the simple good news of the kindgom has perhaps been distorted or complicated by developed or assumed theologies, when the essence of it is God's love revealed in his Son, and that this good news is available to all so they may receive the opportunity of spiritual regeneration, kingdom living, spiritual inheritance with God as his children, God being their Father. This love is given thru living vessels when we serve and communicate the spirit of God/Christ to those in the sphere of our influence, and hence the message of the kingdom, and Gods love working thru us, carries on to the gory of God.

The kingdom of heaven is in our midst, here and now, and in the Spirit of God, all that is of 'God' is accessible NOW, in that very living SPIRIT...that is LIFE. This is the essential good news of God's kingdom, realized now, and in it our own sonship with God is realized, quickened, awakened. (it is epitomized in the truth of the Fatherhood of God and Brotherhood of Man).

All other teachings, systematic theologies, and doctrinal computations that distort, modify, qualify or attempt to condition the unconditional love of God, are mostly human creations and intellectual inventions benefitting their creators, so that only they get all the 'goodies' of their so called 'God' and his 'gospel'. Its a 'selfish' gospel at best, and a berefting one at worst. The goodnews of love and adoption into God's kingdom, renewal by his Spirit, must by divine nature and providence be a UNIVERSAL one.

Sonnet

It would depend on the circumstance. I wouldn't prohibit saying it to them but I may decide that it's wiser to allow him to be the evil person he desires to be. (Revelation 22:11a)

I don't understand why people think it's okay to treat complex things as though they are so simplistic. People are complex things and relationships between them are even more so. Discernment is required in all things when dealing people, especially when dealing with issues as important and complex as their relationship with the living God. Otherwise well meaning Christians very often do more harm than good with their preaching of the gospel. It turns my stomach to see some syrupy sweet Christian being "nice" to the homosexual, trying to twist his arm into reciting the so called sinner's prayer before giving so much as lip service to the fact that he's wretched, wicked, evil and disgusting and that he's in serious danger of spending eternity in Hell if he doesn't acknowledge is decrepit state and repent of it.

There's no point in throwing a life preserver to a man who doesn't think he's even wet, much less drowning.

Additionally, there is the man who knows the gospel and is actively hostile to it. We are not admonished to preach anything to such a person. Whether our doctrine acknowledges that Christ died for his sins or not does not necessitate our communicating that fact to him over and over in spite of his hostility to it. And if we did, it would just as likely further the hardening of his heart as it would anything else.

Not only that but a straight out of the clear blue sky preaching of the gospel usually has no effect at all anyway. There has to be some sort of a relationship that gives the hearer some reason to think that they ought to listen to anything you've got to say. He has to have some reason to think that you know what you're talking about and that what you are saying has any bearing on his life and situation. It's just not as simple as you want to pretend.

Resting in Him,
Clete

Just to be clear Clete, do you affirm that Jesus died for all persons without exception - for those whom you describe as 'wretched, wicked, evil and disgusting'?

I understand the reservation about actually preaching the Gospel to those who are hostile.

Sonnet

...The application is available to the unbeliever, (which glorydaz has repeatedly affirmed and which Calvinism in general and Limited Atonement specifically denies), but it is not applied apart from him willfully becoming a believer.

Clete

If Jesus did not shed His blood for Judas Iscariot and all those considered not His sheep, then one wonders how believing in Jesus is going to avail them.

glorydaz

If Jesus did not shed His blood for Judas Iscariot and all those considered not His sheep, then one wonders how believing in Jesus is going to avail them.

Is this a chicken or the egg question?

Those who believe ARE His sheep. Those who believe ARE the church.

Believing in Jesus is what makes a person a sheep.