ECT What is the Gospel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Right Divider

Body part

If there is no consensus amongst Christians as to what the Gospel is then I'm not sure what the unbeliever is supposed to do.
Just let the LORD know that since there was no consensus among Christians you did not know what to do.

I can see that this is really just another troll thread for you to mock God, so I hope that Sherman nukes it. :nuke:

glorydaz

You cannot simply state the Gospel (that all Christians agree upon) to an unbeliever?

Sure, you can stand at the pulpit and tell how God sent His only Son to die on the cross for our sins, and give verses that speak to that.

Or, you can hear the person's need, and point them to the light of the Gospel. It's personal. You can relate to your own life before you were saved, and give your own testimony....relating how your life has changed. How you now have hope of eternal life (which most people understand quite well).

The Gospel is bigger than just one text. The Gospel of Grace is what all sinners can relate to, because they aren't required to stop sinning in order to be saved. They aren't required to forgive others in order to be forgiven. They aren't required to go through any rites or rituals in order to be saved. It's a gift...and the very goodness of God leads people to turn to Him for His mercy and Grace. They just need to know that God accepts them just as they are.

Danoh

Sure, you can stand at the pulpit and tell how God sent His only Son to die on the cross for our sins, and give verses that speak to that.

Or, you can hear the person's need, and point them to the light of the Gospel. It's personal. You can relate to your own life before you were saved, and give your own testimony....relating how your life has changed. How you now have hope of eternal life (which most people understand quite well).

The Gospel is bigger than just one text. The Gospel of Grace is what all sinners can relate to, because they aren't required to stop sinning in order to be saved. They aren't required to forgive others in order to be forgiven. They aren't required to go through any rites or rituals in order to be saved. It's a gift...and the very goodness of God leads people to turn to Him for His mercy and Grace. They just need to know that God accepts them just as they are.

Yep :thumb:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Sonnet,
Is there any person in the world that you would accept their answer as fact?

EDIT: Posted this again before I saw Sonnet's answer.

Lon

I am a non-believer interested in knowing what the good news is. I ask because, in my experience, Christians do not seem to agree on the specifics. One might point to the issue of the scope of Christ's salvific provision as being particularly relevant.

If the Gospel isn't clearly defined then, surely, the non-believer may legitimately ask, 'Believe in what?'
My advice, don't ask, read. You 'can' get it from secondary sources, but why? Go to the source. Again secondary, but I believe Romans spells it out fairly clear. So, incidentally, the good news is that Christ died to save mankind. "Gospel" means 'good news.' Read the scriptures and look for 'good news.'

Status
Not open for further replies.