What is the express image of God?

keypurr

Sort of like when you get a tiny stone in your shoe. After awhile,
you get used to it and ya don't realize you had a problem to
begin with.

Whatever but I am not the one lacking peace of mind for I know who is in me guiding my thoughts. I know where my light is from.

You don't.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Christological quest-ions...........

Christological quest-ions...........

At one time they were two BR.

Christ came down from heaven to live in Jesus at his baptism. You do not wish to see that. I can not change what is written friend. My God is a great God, he's loved us enough to send his son to us. The express image is that son BR, not Jesus.

Hi keypurr,

I recall your view having some things in common with a few historical Christological perspectives, and may do a 'treatise' on such, but wanting to clarify a few things on your 'Christology'.

By assuming Christ came down on Jesus at his baptism, such is a form of Adoptionism. However, since you seem to also hold that 'Christ' is a 'creation' of God, his Firstborn Spiritual Son,...this is definitively 'Arian', at least on this particular point. So I see a fusion of Arianism & Adoptionism here, with possibly a few other interesting adjuncts ;)

Now concerning Jesus nature NOW, do you see him as divinitized(deified) when 'Christ' came upon him at his baptism and the Father said "Today I have begotten you" (so at this time a divine fusion or 'inner-merging' of 'Jesus' and 'Christ' took place) ? AND,....is Jesus now in heaven still 'fused' with 'Christ' after ascending after his resurrection,...are they a combined or 'fused' being? I know this gets into some 'hairsplitting' issues which had church councils debating over for centuries, but do you see the human nature of Jesus and the divine nature of 'Christ' now one? Do they have 2 separate individual wills? Was Jesus humanity deified and was the Christ humanized in this fusion? - are they now a compounded entity?

Aimiel

Then once again, I'm in doubt here. Surely I do not understand your post. You don't think Yeshua used His power??? What on earth do you mean? Peace
Jesus walked ENTIRELY as a man on this earth. He did NOTHING that made use of His Power and Ability as God, in The Flesh. He acted solely as a human, walking under the Covenants that God had at the time with men. The New Covenant that we have is that we can have a One-on-one relationship with The Father just like Adam and Eve had before the fall. We can walk and talk with God, hear His Voice and obey Him.

Aimiel

Your view is RCC spiritualism. Gods word became flesh, not God became a little baby in Mary. The word "Jesus Christ is come in the flesh" shows Jesus is a man. Your view denies it, for a God in human flesh is not a man. However Jesus Christ is also come in the flesh of His children who have /are filled with the Holy Spirit, which is the core reason for the RCC false doctrine.
I don't deny that Jesus was a man. Your ideas are that God is not in Christians? We don't have God's Spirit in us? That is your opinion. God said otherwise.

Truster

Heb 1:2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
Heb 1:3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;
Heb 1:4 Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.

Col 1:15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
Col 1:16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
Col 1:17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.
Col 1:18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.
Col 1:19 For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;

Php 2:5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
Php 2:6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

Who or What is this EXPRESS image of God?

1. God is a spirit, so his image would be a spirit.
2. This is God's firstborn of every creature, a creation.
3. This spirit has deity for it has the fullness of the father.
4. This spirit was with God before the creation, creation was done through this spirit.
5. This spirit is a form of God

I use the term Christ spirit to discribe this image.

What do YOU think it is?

Why oh why don't you check the translation before trying to explain the meaning?

Try this, verse 3 '' Who being the effulgence of glory and the character of his essence and bearing all by the rhema of his dynamis''.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Why oh why don't you check the translation before trying to explain the meaning?

Try this, verse 3 '' Who being the effulgence of glory and the character of his essence and bearing all by the rhema of his dynamis''.

hey, you're back !! where were you ? I pray that you are doing fine.
re-subscribe Truster !!

keypurr

Hi keypurr,

I recall your view having some things in common with a few historical Christological perspectives, and may do a 'treatise' on such, but wanting to clarify a few things on your 'Christology'.

By assuming Christ came down on Jesus at his baptism, such is a form of Adoptionism. However, since you seem to also hold that 'Christ' is a 'creation' of God, his Firstborn Spiritual Son,...this is definitively 'Arian', at least on this particular point. So I see a fusion of Arianism & Adoptionism here, with possibly a few other interesting adjuncts ;)

Now concerning Jesus nature NOW, do you see him as divinitized(deified) when 'Christ' came upon him at his baptism and the Father said "Today I have begotten you" (so at this time a divine fusion or 'inner-merging' of 'Jesus' and 'Christ' took place) ? AND,....is Jesus now in heaven still 'fused' with 'Christ' after ascending after his resurrection,...are they a combined or 'fused' being? I know this gets into some 'hairsplitting' issues which had church councils debating over for centuries, but do you see the human nature of Jesus and the divine nature of 'Christ' now one? Do they have 2 separate individual wills? Was Jesus humanity deified and was the Christ humanized in this fusion? - are they now a compounded entity?

You ask a very tough question freelight. But I would think that what God has joined together would stay together. Jesus Christ is our high priest. As human he paid the price for us, but that spirit became human to serve mankind, that spirit suffered along with Jesus. But I only am using my limited thought processor on this question friend. Nothing is impossible for our God. Christ is the first of all creation, he was given the power to carry out any task his Father gave him to do.

I feel very strong in my faith, I did not come to this conclusion by myself. I have been blessed, but I still have so much to learn and so little time to do it.

keypurr

I checked this with the thirty translations I have Truster, I never rely on just one or two translations. The problem is with the Greek to English translations the meaning of words gets distorted.

RBBI

Jesus walked ENTIRELY as a man on this earth. He did NOTHING that made use of His Power and Ability as God, in The Flesh. He acted solely as a human, walking under the Covenants that God had at the time with men. The New Covenant that we have is that we can have a One-on-one relationship with The Father just like Adam and Eve had before the fall. We can walk and talk with God, hear His Voice and obey Him.

So turning water into wine, healing the blind man, raising the dead, ect., ect., was just walking entirely as a man on this earth. Perhaps now you see my incredulity at your statement. Peace

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Lets dive in :)

Lets dive in :)

You ask a very tough question freelight. But I would think that what God has joined together would stay together. Jesus Christ is our high priest. As human he paid the price for us, but that spirit became human to serve mankind, that spirit suffered along with Jesus. But I only am using my limited thought processor on this question friend. Nothing is impossible for our God. Christ is the first of all creation, he was given the power to carry out any task his Father gave him to do.

I feel very strong in my faith, I did not come to this conclusion by myself. I have been blessed, but I still have so much to learn and so little time to do it.

Super. Will be cross-correlating some of the early Christological views with yours, and give a fun analysis on it, with some open areas of 'speculation' of course. That faith in Jesus the Christ (however your amalgamate that) is essential enough beyond demands of other religionists whose 'scrutiny' demands a more dogmatic or Trinitarian formulation. That diversity of views (even more Unitarian in nature) existed in the earliest centuries seems to be the case until 'the Trinity' became more defined/developed in the 4th-5th centuries AD.

It still all comes back to what Jesus represents in BOTH his 'human' and 'divine' attributes and what he (his life, ministry, teaching) communicates to his believers. All the rest are just sundry details.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Jesus using divine creative powers, and that which 'faith' alone could do

Jesus using divine creative powers, and that which 'faith' alone could do

So turning water into wine, healing the blind man, raising the dead, ect., ect., was just walking entirely as a man on this earth. Perhaps now you see my incredulity at your statement. Peace

According to the record,...it would appear that Jesus did sometimes resort to divine creative powers to effect certain miracles. Granted, we have the element of faith operating in persons who experienced miracles in Jesus ministry, drawing from a divine power source to effect such manifestations. We have this same access to the power of faith and its provision today. We could also speculate that the anointing of the Spirit upon Jesus also empowered Jesus the man to do incredible things that he could not do as just a mere man with 'faith',...but here the lines get 'fuzzy'.